Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yup, Berhalter and Heaps deathwatches going on
    You are not kidding, the "fire Berhalter" thread is over 23 pages and 500 posts long! I feel their pain, we've been there.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fire-berhalter.2031671/

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    It is obvious to me that there is a conspiracy against TFC and MLS and this is a shame. If only we could get 10% of the Jays coverage. Can you image what the attendance at Jays, Raptors or Argos games would be if they got absolutely no game day coverage as they ignore TFC but still get close to 28k to every match.
    MLS receives decent coverage in the UK like on Sky Sports - because its MORE football. You see kids with LA Galaxy jerseys..

I get that feeling that people here are like ' well its not Premier League, La Liga etc. so its crap'. When in actuall fact MLS is mid-range in global terms.

P.S. Mad Caddies rule!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I know I am being way too overly confident, but at this point it seems almost impossible for defences in MLS to stop Jozy and Seba short of straight fouling them. With the way the whole team is clicking lately it's unleashed a beast of a front line (Ricketts included) 
    Jozy is obviously the superior player but having rickets our there changes EVERYTHING, and his addition shouldn't be overlooked. His speed opens up time and space for SEBA, and he also tracks back. Knowing he only plays 40-60 minutes allows him run balls out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was Vanney, I would op for a more conservative approach to this game, to save energy for full 90 and try to hit on counter. And use Altidore for hold up play to start, sub in Ricketts somewhere around 60-65 min mark to run at tired Houston defender as an impact sub.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    MLS receives decent coverage in the UK like on Sky Sports - because its MORE football. You see kids with LA Galaxy jerseys..

I get that feeling that people here are like ' well its not Premier League, La Liga etc. so its crap'. When in actuall fact MLS is mid-range in global terms.

P.S. Mad Caddies rule!
    Being on Skysports for games and media coverage in England... there is a small, but growing numbers of Brits that's taking an interest in MLS. They happen to catch a game (midnight isn't that late on a Sat) and say it's not that bad. Some check out MLS out of sheer curiousity and stick with it. (like those finding toronto podcast guys)

I enjoy Skysports and the Guardian coverage of MLS. It's interesting to read what Brits think of MLS for a different perspective.
    Some guys follow MLS hard enough to do a show.

There is no such thing as a bad PR...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You are not kidding, the "fire Berhalter" thread is over 23 pages and 500 posts long! I feel their pain, we've been there.

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/fire-berhalter.2031671/

And they are arguing like we do when times are bad. Can't believe that team was in the cup final last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MLS show is garbage in my opinion. Baz is pretty reasonable but doesn't have anything more than mediocre knowledge whilst Ped is a moron. The way Ped talks about Jozy you can tell he has no understanding of the game. Even when Baz talks about Jozy he doesn't rate him much either. Just because he flopped in the Premier League doesn't mean he isn't a very good MLS player, which anyone who watches nearly all our games and has half a brain could tell you. Neither of them even mention his hold up play or how he pulls defenders off Giovinco. Or that he makes good runs and has good combination play with Seba.

Not to mention Ped is an attention whore who's annoying as fuck and always interrupts Baz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Yeah I have to agree. I watched the whole thing to give them a shot at redeeming themselves but they really don't know what they're talking about, especially the idiot on the left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know the best part of this good run of games is that were going to get Johnson and Cheyrou back in the near future, that's two veteran tough as nails player who can give this team a
    chance at a deep playoff run, there is no reason we cant win the whole thing when we have a player like Giovinco here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You know the best part of this good run of games is that were going to get Johnson and Cheyrou back in the near future, that's two veteran tough as nails player who can give this team a
    chance at a deep playoff run, there is no reason we cant win the whole thing when we have a player like Giovinco here.
    and Irwin as well...liking our chances...and loving how we were able to keep pace while they (et al) were gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Agreed, with the team we have it should be MLS cup or bust. Would take our squad on paper over any other in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFCB+TFC View Post
    Agreed, with the team we have it should be MLS cup or bust. Would take our squad on paper over any other in the league.
    I'd be careful with setting expectations too high. I agree that that is our ceiling right now, but a deep playoff run and a first round bye is probably where we're at right now. when we make our #10 signing in the off-season, that's when we'll be cup or bust. That's the way the roster was constructed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'd be careful with setting expectations too high. I agree that that is our ceiling right now, but a deep playoff run and a first round bye is probably where we're at right now. when we make our #10 signing in the off-season, that's when we'll be cup or bust. That's the way the roster was constructed.
    You make a good point about needing a #10 signing but this is MLS and every team is going to have an achilles heel or at the very least a subpar area due to the salary cap. I wouldn't be upset if we make at least the conference finals but I think this team is good enough to win the league once we get everyone healthy.

I agree next year with that #10 signing we will have an even better shot though (as long we can keep the current squad together)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We as TFC supporters don't have enough experience in the playoffs to be able to judge how tough it is. My understanding from listening to other team's supporters is the playoffs are a crap shoot and nobody should expect anything.

The realistic goal is top 2 and a home playoff game. Anything else would be a bonus this season. IF we ended up in 3rd or 4th with a home playoff that would be building on last season and probably OK. 5th or 6th and we havn't really advanced.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take LA with their "cap, what's a cap, we're LA" squad first. Our squad has good depth and balance for an MLS team though and could go far.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We as TFC supporters don't have enough experience in the playoffs to be able to judge how tough it is. My understanding from listening to other team's supporters is the playoffs are a crap shoot and nobody should expect anything.

The realistic goal is top 2 and a home playoff game. Anything else would be a bonus this season. IF we ended up in 3rd or 4th with a home playoff that would be building on last season and probably OK. 5th or 6th and we havn't really advanced.
    A good and timely warning before we get carried away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Being on Skysports for games and media coverage in England... there is a small, but growing numbers of Brits that's taking an interest in MLS. They happen to catch a game (midnight isn't that late on a Sat) and say it's not that bad. Some check out MLS out of sheer curiousity and stick with it. (like those finding toronto podcast guys)

I enjoy Skysports and the Guardian coverage of MLS. It's interesting to read what Brits think of MLS for a different perspective.
    Some guys follow MLS hard enough to do a show.

There is no such thing as a bad PR...
    I was not able to listen past 2 minutes.

I dont get to use this term often but what a bunch of wankers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I was not able to listen past 2 minutes.

I dont get to use this term often but what a bunch of wankers
    They're jokes what are you talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take LA with their "cap, what's a cap, we're LA" squad first. Our squad has good depth and balance for an MLS team though and could go far.
    You could definitely make the argument LA is a bit better but I think it's pretty comparable but we have a much better keeper and better DP's. Slight edge to TFC in my opinion.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could definitely make the argument LA is a bit better but I think it's pretty comparable but we have a much better keeper and better DP's. Slight edge to TFC in my opinion.
    It's close. Giovinco is Giovinco, nobody better in the league. Bradley and even Altidore are strong players. However, LA besides their 3 DPs (Gerrard, Keene, Dos Santos) mysteriously fits in Nigel de Jong and Gyasi Zardes, and their whole team is way over budget. TAM? Garber bucks? Who knows? That gives a strength to their squad that makes them hard to beat. Toronto has some really good young players though that helps close that gap at low cost. I'd give the slight edge to LA, but it can be debated.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is almost the entire second page of this 'Houston vs. TFC game thread' dedicated to 2 knobs from the UK, and LA Galaxy's fucking budget.

I think TFC have a great chance at 3 points on Saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right.Don't want to sidetrack the convo so deleted my post about the Galaxy.

Anyways....

Dynamo fans are pretty down about their chances this weekend it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--------Gio-------Altidore-------
    ----------Chapman------------
    ----Oso-------------Endoh-----
    -----------Bradley-------------
    --Morrow--Zavs---moor---Biet--
    ---------------Bono-------------

Bench: Ricketts, Hag, Delgado, Hamilton, Bloom, Q

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post

Ricketts in for Altidore in the 60th minute, maybe?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts in for Altidore in the 60th minute, maybe?
    Yes...speed in the heat kills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA might be tough to match up with seeing as they have 7 DPs but I am looking forward to seeing our depth come through in the CCL next year. If we keep things together all the young guys will have a good season under their belts and I'd like to see how we fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post

Swat Endoh with Delgado most likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed

Delgado has earned his sport over Endoh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either one who starts I think we will see Endoh and delgado subbing for one another. Same with Jozy for Ricketts and Oso for Hag, bloom or Morgan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    LA might be tough to match up with seeing as they have 7 DPs but I am looking forward to seeing our depth come through in the CCL next year. If we keep things together all the young guys will have a good season under their belts and I'd like to see how we fair.
    You must be excited to lose 4 guys to the expansion drafts then :P