Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 24 - TFC @ Houston Sat Aug 13 [postponed Sun Aug 14, 9:15pm]

From The Album "Keep It Going"

The Right State of Mind

On the morning after one of the most glorious home games ever - seems appropriate.

Have at it people

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game should be another 3 pts. Houston have trouble scoring goals, despite playing relatively well defensively. Only concern is the heat, but if the boys play even 80% of how they've been playing at BMO Field, it should be another win.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those Houston highlights showed a team pretty hunkered down and defending the whole game. Not often I expect a win away but yep. Let's catch NYC and top East this Sat.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we "self-defeating" ... Why do North American fans have "inferiority complex". I was on @FAN590 moments ago http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-bla...rt-isnt-media/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Why are we "self-defeating" ... Why do North American fans have "inferiority complex". I was on @FAN590 moments ago http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/jeff-bla...rt-isnt-media/
    It is obvious to me that there is a conspiracy against TFC and MLS and this is a shame. If only we could get 10% of the Jays coverage. Can you image what the attendance at Jays, Raptors or Argos games would be if they got absolutely no game day coverage as they ignore TFC but still get close to 28k to every match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is some slick vid

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    This game should be another 3 pts. Houston have trouble scoring goals, despite playing relatively well defensively. Only concern is the heat, but if the boys play even 80% of how they've been playing at BMO Field, it should be another win.
    If they train here Wednesday & Thursday then they should be ready for it as I think it will be hotter and more humid here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is some slick vid

best TFC vid ever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game is a must win. Houston really struggle scoring goals, and now with Barnes gone, they're even weaker up top.
    Good defensive side, but if TFC keeps up the pressure, goals will come.
    3-1 TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic trap game though, especially if it gets hot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco turns it on and we win. That's the formula. Keep it going!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game comes at a weird time. Of the next 3 away games, this is the one we should not mind losing points on; Western away game points are all bonus time.

Yes, Houston is not good. But, Houston has only lost once at home all season - they are 4-1-5. They find a way to get points at home. On our form, I think we can take this. And it will not be easy. Patience and concentration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if Altidore will get the start finally, were a much better side when he's on the field.

Good to have Bradley back fully fit, his ability to work out of tight spaces and execute long passes are key for us.

When will Irwin, Johnson and Cheyrou be fully healthy?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we win so we can break a club record. We've never won 5 consecutive matches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFCB+TFC View Post
    Wonder if Altidore will get the start finally?
    If it's as hot as people think it will be then I wouldn't start him yet but I'd look at giving him 35-40 minutes depending on the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Classic trap game though, especially if it gets hot.
    Well, I thought the game vs NER was going to be a trap game, so I don't know any more. Based on Houston's record at home, it could be, but given the current form, good chance for a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If it's as hot as people think it will be then I wouldn't start him yet but I'd look at giving him 35-40 minutes depending on the situation.
    Ah good point I hadn't factored in the weather, better safe than sorry!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC doesn't do as well in the heat.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    TFC doesn't do as well in the heat.
    They've been getting a lot of practice lately though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living in Texas, this is a must see match. I will be in Houston supporting the boys and 3 points are expected. A Seba goal or two would be icing on the cake. It is going to be hot though. Little boys who lie grow up to be weathermen and the local weatherman is saying Saturday will be 99 degrees F 37 degrees C.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good idea to do the Red Stripe shirts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.proreferees.com/2016-mls-...---week-23.php

The ref is Hilarious Grajeda. The guy who had a horrid game last week for LA-NYRB

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.proreferees.com/2016-mls-...---week-23.php

The ref is Hilarious Grajeda. The guy who had a horrid game last week for LA-NYRB
    Oh that's great. This game almost feels like a write off. I know were all high on TFC right now, and rightfully so, but this one feels like a classic mid summer debacle. You got a terrible referee, blazing heat, garbage team who is probably going to hack our players and the referee is going to be the star of the show.

That being said TFC probably win 3-0. LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has only won once in Houston. Drew 5 times though

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I am being way too overly confident, but at this point it seems almost impossible for defences in MLS to stop Jozy and Seba short of straight fouling them. With the way the whole team is clicking lately it's unleashed a beast of a front line (Ricketts included) 💥
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 08-09-2016 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game will be important, we need to have a stronger away record to be truly elite. Almost everyone has great home results it seems. I'm just happy we're likely to get a home playoff date!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    They've been getting a lot of practice lately though.
    Mind you, the Houston "low" is 28 degrees this week. These evening games at BMO have had a nice cool temp by kick off. That won't happen in Houston. It's gonna be a sauna whatever time of day!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting reading other MLS teams' fan reactions as of late. Columbus, New England and now Houston fans going on about how they think their teams are basically throwing in the towel and some are contemplating renewing of tickets again already and some are trying to weather the storm hoping the team will make it right in the offseason but have already written off this season. Sound familiar? We had years of that. Nice to be the favourite coming into games for a change even though this is MLS and anything can happen on gameday like the San Jose game. Just feels good these days to be a TFC fan which we couldn't always say and we can empathize with these other fans now that they are going through it. Took us alot of years to not be the butt of all MLS jokes. Feels good to have some respect. I think the boys can pull this one out this weekend. Let's go REDS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    It is interesting reading other MLS teams' fan reactions as of late. Columbus, New England and now Houston fans going on about how they think their teams are basically throwing in the towel and some are contemplating renewing of tickets again already and some are trying to weather the storm hoping the team will make it right in the offseason but have already written off this season. Sound familiar? We had years of that. Nice to be the favourite coming into games for a change even though this is MLS and anything can happen on gameday like the San Jose game. Just feels good these days to be a TFC fan which we couldn't always say and we can empathize with these other fans now that they are going through it. Took us alot of years to not be the butt of all MLS jokes. Feels good to have some respect. I think the boys can pull this one out this weekend. Let's go REDS!
    Yup, Berhalter and Heaps deathwatches going on

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I know I am being way too overly confident, but at this point it seems almost impossible for defences in MLS to stop Jozy and Seba short of straight fouling them.
    Don't worry, they'll foul them and the ref will give our players yellows instead for "diving."
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto