Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody played bad last night, Hamilton was pissing me off. Giovinco is starting to remind me of Ronaldo...yelling at his teammates who don't give him a perfect pass. Doesn't realize that it shatters the confidence of these young players and they play worse.

I couldn't take it anymore so I started yelling "C'mon everybody...WE WANT RICKETTS!"......"crickets chirping" and everyone just stared at me....so I said "ok fine....I want Ricketts" (no homo).

5 mins later Altidore and Ricketts came on then when Rickets scored everyone looked at me and started giving me high 5's lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    If anyone needs an earful it is Osorio, he is invisible most of the time, has no confidence to strike the ball, is always making short back passes (ala Carl Robinson)
    He has the skills to do better, I think it is a mental thing, he needs a head adjustment, Oso feels his starter role is a given. He needs to sit for a few games.
    He is for me, the most frustrating player on TFC right now.
    I thought he had his best game in a TFC jersey last Sunday against Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I thought he had his best game in a TFC jersey last Sunday against Columbus.
    Yeah. Him, Endoh and Delgado dominated Trapp, Tchani and Higuain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Speaking of which, so far, MLSE has been true to their word. The game day experience at BMO has not changed at all since the Argos moved in. Kudos to them for investing the resources to preserve the pitch.
    the Argos sidelines are staring to be visible, but the real test for me is when it rains in the fall. That's always been my concern, terrible field conditions post rain are why the Argos, and their fans, wanted artificial turf in the first place 30+ years ago. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself, that agronomy has I need advanced so much that a downpour just before or during a CFL game doesn't destroy the field. Uncharted territory here.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-04-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    If anyone needs an earful it is Osorio, he is invisible most of the time, has no confidence to strike the ball, is always making short back passes (ala Carl Robinson)
    He has the skills to do better, I think it is a mental thing, he needs a head adjustment, Oso feels his starter role is a given. He needs to sit for a few games.
    He is for me, the most frustrating player on TFC right now.
    I think it's the other way around. He is pressing too much, particularly near goal, because he hears the criticism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think it's the other way around. He is pressing too much, particularly near goal, because he hears the criticism.
    I agree with this but his habit of taking an extra 2-3 touches before passes or shots is massively frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Argos sidelines are staring to be visible, but the real test for me is when it rains in the fall. That's always been my concern, terrible field conditions post rain are why the Argos, and their fans, wanted artificial turf in the first place 30+ years ago. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself, that agronomy has I need advanced so much that a downpour just before or during a CFL game doesn't destroy the field. Uncharted territory here.

Starting to be? They haven't played a game recently. It would be hard for them to be more visible on Wednesday then they were on Sunday. They haven't played a game since July 25.

The side line lines have been there since then.. but that is, I think wear issue which is something then need to work on.. particularly has they play a few games this month. (12,20,31)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I agree with this but his habit of taking an extra 2-3 touches before passes or shots is massively frustrating.
    I think that is where I am getting so frustrated with his game. As I have said he has the skills but its a mental thing, maybe a break would do him the world of good,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Endoh's ticket is punched as a diver. He won't get the benefit of the doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That a fair criticism on shots.Dont think it is fair on passes though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That a fair criticism on shots.Dont think it is fair on passes though.
    Sorry I can't agree. There are numerous plays in every game, where Osorio receives the ball in a non-scoring position, and he kills the play through hesitation, often leaving a backward pass as the only option. He doesn't seem to be aware of his teammates' positions before receiving the ball, which is what he really should be doing. Even some of the newer players, that aren't actually as skilled as Osorio, are better at seeing the field before receiving the ball, and therefore being able to make a one touch pass, or other quick pass, before the channels are blocked or his teammates are covered.

I think there was a period in previous years where Osorio used to do more one-touch passing, used to anticipate better, and generally made more dangerous passes with less delay. Maybe he's overthinking it; or he's scared of losing possession; or scared of getting yelled at by Giovinco if he screws up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Sorry I can't agree. There are numerous plays in every game, where Osorio receives the ball in a non-scoring position, and he kills the play through hesitation, often leaving a backward pass as the only option. He doesn't seem to be aware of his teammates' positions before receiving the ball, which is what he really should be doing. Even some of the newer players, that aren't actually as skilled as Osorio, are better at seeing the field before receiving the ball, and therefore being able to make a one touch pass, or other quick pass, before the channels are blocked or his teammates are covered.

I think there was a period in previous years where Osorio used to do more one-touch passing, used to anticipate better, and generally made more dangerous passes with less delay. Maybe he's overthinking it; or he's scared of losing possession; or scared of getting yelled at by Giovinco if he screws up.
    Watch the condensed game, you will see you number of play where he moves the ball really well. I agree he is being cautious sometimes but the replay shows good play as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: This was a reply to Captain who said he heard Morrow yell at Vanney "get him (Hamilton) off" just before Vanney subbed ricketts and Jozy.

Are you sure it wasn't Moor? He was the Captain and was in a snarly mood all game. Makes more sense than Morrow, a pretty quiet guy, talking to Vanney about subs. As Captain, he would have known the plan.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 08-05-2016 at 06:58 AM. Reason: thought I had included his post