Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Honestly I'd love to see a week break and a east vs west game. I think at this point we should be able to find 36-40 MLS players that can do that. That to me is a proper All Star Game. Have it cycle through each city in MLS expansion side get them in their first years (with more than one in a year draw lots for which team is expansion year and which is second year). It gives new clubs a chance to see all the stars in a single game, it builds an MLS experience. Once every 28 years per cub

Add in skills competition. Penalty saves, free kicks, cross accuracy... what have you.. make it an event and schedule it so players can participate.

it is hard to watch a game where one side makes 14 substitutions and the other makes 10. Make it a friendly game but keep it in MLS. We need to be able to grow beyond trying to attract fans with Euro Clubs and start selling people on MLS. Keep the game light but limit each team to 18-20. Play 22.5 minute quarters with the 5 minute break in the middle of each half. Allow resubbing players to keep everyone fresh. Make the game light but keep it interesting.
    I think you're missing the point of the All Star game nowadays. It used to be MLS Cup, but now that All Star game is the one that's got a fixed date and a place to set everything up, the All Star game is where MLS FO gets to do their thing.It's not suppose to be anything meaningful, except some players get bonus for being named All Star and MLS FO gets to wine and dine and put on a dog and pony show for all the sponsors and anyone else MLS wants to butter up to.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think you're missing the point of the All Star game nowadays. It used to be MLS Cup, but now that All Star game is the one that's got a fixed date and a place to set everything up, the All Star game is where MLS FO gets to do their thing.It's not suppose to be anything meaningful, except some players get bonus for being named All Star and MLS FO gets to wine and dine and put on a dog and pony show for all the sponsors and anyone else MLS wants to butter up to.

Shhhhush you let me have my delusion that anything in MLS is actually about the fans and not the money in their accounts :P A boy can dream