Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

119 is pretty casual. You can stand or sit and I have not seen anyone getting pissed off for standing and security is pretty relaxed. This is my first season in this section and I like vibe and sight lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    119 is pretty casual. You can stand or sit and I have not seen anyone getting pissed off for standing and security is pretty relaxed. This is my first season in this section and I like vibe and sight lines.
    Complaints for standing in 119 are far and few between but they do happen. As usual it's a face never seen before and they are politely educated on the subject and then ignored. It is a pretty casual section since it's had a lot of turn over since TFC's very lean and grim middle years. Nothing like years 1 thru 4 but not as dead as 5 thru 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was 1 issue in 116 last week as well. Happens all over the standing section mainly when people sell tickets to those who are unaware of what they really getting into.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sold my season tickets to a guy at work with the threat that if they re-sold to sitters or complainers then I'd just refund whatever portion and print new tickets and post on this board. So far, no complaints and he is loving the vibe.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really a TFC customer service issue. People who are complaining can go talk to customer services and they'll be told, "You've bought your seats, now you have to stand in them."
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    This is really a TFC customer service issue. People who are complaining can go talk to customer services and they'll be told, "You've bought your seats, now you have to stand in them."
    I think you have to be understanding, it sucks but if a someone buys from a scalper, off Stubhub and shows up its nice to explain to them in polite way the reality of these section. If it really does become an issue more often than not TFC will just move them. No different than if someone decked out in Impact gear showed up in the southend having bought tickets from a 3rd party and did not know exactly was up. Common sense says they will move them.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I think you have to be understanding, it sucks but if a someone buys from a scalper, off Stubhub and shows up its nice to explain to them in polite way the reality of these section. If it really does become an issue more often than not TFC will just move them. No different than if someone decked out in Impact gear showed up in the southend having bought tickets from a 3rd party and did not know exactly was up. Common sense says they will move them.
    For sure you have to be understanding - and as people have mentioned they explain the situation and sometimes the ticket holders themselves are not understanding. This thread isn't about the people who understand.

And as you said, if it becomes a real issue TFC (AKA customer services) will take care of it; therefore, it's a customer service issue.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureTFC View Post
    Complaints for standing in 119 are far and few between but they do happen. As usual it's a face never seen before and they are politely educated on the subject and then ignored. It is a pretty casual section since it's had a lot of turn over since TFC's very lean and grim middle years. Nothing like years 1 thru 4 but not as dead as 5 thru 8.
    In 119 a lot people who want to stand move over to the aisle to no where on the south end of the section and thus even sitting in the section still gives you a decent view of the game. I have never seen a massive flag waved around there, it reality its a very different from any of the other supporter sections in the stadium. Its a good balance.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My seat used to be in 119. Great crowd in that section. Pretty quiet(Hence why I moved), but friendly all around and no issues with standing/sitting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't have any issues per say at Sunday's game but sure did see some strange behaviour. My girlfriend and I stood in our usual spot in the south end directly in the middle of the goal about 10 rows from the top. It seemed like there was more empty seats around us than usual. A group of about 5 people showed up to their seats immediately to our right around minute 30. Perhaps they were delayed however they sure didn't look like they were in a hurry to get there. At the start of the 2nd half another group of about 5 immediately to our left, returned to their seats and sat down, view totally obscured, and spent the entire 2nd half that way, texting on their phones, shooting the shit together.
    Each to their own, they paid for their tickets so can do what they like, but man what a fucking waste of time, why even bother coming to the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Sounds like 50% of Jays fans at the games right now. Irritates the hell out of me, but whatever, it is their choice.

It's butts in the seats I guess aha
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    ^ Sounds like 50% of Jays fans at the games right now. Irritates the hell out of me, but whatever, it is their choice.

It's butts in the seats I guess aha
    lulz

A woman was playing Candy Crush in front of me on Friday when Bautista hit the home run first up and she dropped her phone when everyone went nuts.

It didn't break, but I would have laughed if it did.

Same thing though, I actually like ball games because you don't have to pay attention the entire time. My wife and I plan our summer at Jays games.
    WE DID IT!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 3 seats in 112, and if I can't make the game - I sell them on the board to other supporters. Easy. No complaints there, because everyone knows what they are getting.

It's a unique situation because I feel there's a responsibility on the seller to make the buyer aware that the seats are in the "stand and support" section, but there's also some responsibility on the buyer to give a shit. I would be incredibly upset if I sold one of my prime lower 112 seats to someone who sat on their ass and played on their phone the entire time. That's a active supporter's seat wasted. Luckily it hasnt come up yet.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that nobody (outside of the regular fans and SSH's) know what "Supporters Section" means. If they just called it "Standing Section" then it would be blatantly obvious. No casual fan is ever going to take the time to look through the TFC website and see what Supporters Section is defined as.

I'm personally not in favour of a general admission area, as you would always get people arguing that "this is MYYYYYY seat/area and has been since day one". This would only work if you literally ripped out the seats. If the seats themselves are staying (and I can't ever see them being removed) then you will always have a problem if you changed it to GA. Somebody will always take issue with it if there are seat and row numbers on show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first few TFC games I ever went to was in the south end and I hated it!!!!!!!!

After a long day at work I went to take in a game. (friend gave me his tix) Found my seats and sat down, just to be yelled at by fans telling me to stand up and support my team. The section was full of drunks yelling profanity and some a little racist. After about the 75th min, I couldn't stand anymore, my knees were giving out and I had to leave.

Fast forward a few years later, I'm a season ticket holder in section 126. I specifically requested a section away from the supporters........and it gets so quite sometimes I can fall asleep.

I know understand the soccer culture, I drink $5 beers, yell at the opposing players and now get dirty looks from the people sitting around me. I sometimes walk to the back of the supporters section since its more hype over there. I love travelling to montreal to take in a TFC game and march with the supporters. I love the noise now, but when you are not expecting it, it can be a bit overwhelming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^Im in the same perspective as you. I truly enjoy the supporters section for what it is and what it adds to the atmosphere of the games, but I choose not to be in that section because I don't want to do that for the entire game.

Im there to watch and enjoy the game, but that's just me. To each their own

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    The first few TFC games I ever went to was in the south end and I hated it!!!!!!!!

After a long day at work I went to take in a game. (friend gave me his tix) Found my seats and sat down, just to be yelled at by fans telling me to stand up and support my team. The section was full of drunks yelling profanity and some a little racist. After about the 75th min, I couldn't stand anymore, my knees were giving out and I had to leave.

Fast forward a few years later, I'm a season ticket holder in section 126. I specifically requested a section away from the supporters........and it gets so quite sometimes I can fall asleep.

I know understand the soccer culture, I drink $5 beers, yell at the opposing players and now get dirty looks from the people sitting around me. I sometimes walk to the back of the supporters section since its more hype over there. I love travelling to montreal to take in a TFC game and march with the supporters. I love the noise now, but when you are not expecting it, it can be a bit overwhelming.
    One of us! One of us!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happened again last night. Twice in one season, twice in three weeks. Gonna write my ticket rep.
    Starting to firmly believe in a terrace, would really miss my seats tho.
    Last edited by Ossington Mental Youth; 08-04-2016 at 05:36 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a heck of a lot of tourists last night in my section so I can imagine there was a ton everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a ton of tourist in my sec last night...sec 223 who are these people they have no clue what futbol is.
    on a side note.what happend to the tifos?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard back from my ticket rep, didnt know the signs were down, wont be able to get em up by next game but will be up after that.
    Works for me. Also shout outs to the guy in the first row who was also letting other people know its a supporters section and people can and will stand.