Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Standing Sections and Issues With New Ticket Holders

Something that I have noticed quite frequently over the years, typically during mid-summer matches, is the issue with some ticket holders being frustrated with the standing sections. I imagine they are given or sold tickets from SSH who are away on vacation, and show up (with kids in many cases) only to find a wall of humanity standing in front of them.

One the one hand I feel for the person who purchased the seat as their experience may not be what they expected. On the other, it's a real pain in the a$$ for for the regular SSH to explain the standing policy/expectation/tradition and generates a negative vibe to everyone involved. Sometimes the BMO staff may move the person complaining however in one case i had to explain the standing section policy to a BMO usher (probably covering for a regular's vacation). Probably happens with the flag-waving as well I would imagine.

Personally, when I give my tickets away in 118 I always 'warn' whomever is taking them that it's a standing section.

Anyway, any thoughts from the group? I may recommend to the club that they state the policy very boldly on all standing section tickets in order to reduce the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I basically do the same thing whenever i bring someone and i tell the rest of the people in the group to make sure whoever gets their tickets knows what they are in for.

The stubhub/kijiji market is always going to cause issues with this as its a completely different environment than anywhere else. Within SG's security/ushers kinda know who to talk to if their is an issue but for the most part they deal with it themselves as security and ushers have been pretty consistent this year and know the rules.

To me if you own season seats in the south you have a responsibility to the rest of the supporters to make sure you resell in a responsible manner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sit down! You're ruining it for everybody!

joking aside, they could add it to the tickets where it lists the gate and SUPPORTERS SECTION.

There is some room to define what that means - or say STANDING SECTION instead of supporters.

Of course, at that point it's too late 'cause you've already bought the tickets for you and your kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion people who are buying tickets for the south end sections just gotta suck it up or walk elsewhere. It's highly unfair for the supporters to have to "accommodate" the "family section" folks.

For instance during the DC game I brought my brother with me who isn't into chanting and jumping for 90 minutes so we just took seats on the upper east deck. Problem solved.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    In my opinion people who are buying tickets for the south end sections just gotta suck it up or walk elsewhere. It's highly unfair for the supporters to have to "accommodate" the "family section" folks.

For instance during the DC game I brought my brother with me who isn't into chanting and jumping for 90 minutes so we just took seats on the upper east deck. Problem solved.
    Do people who show up and see an entire side of a stadium expect to be accommodated? Sure, people can be frustrated but really only with the seller and themselves.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enh. People get over it. You can still see the game if you stand, you just have to stand.

The flag thing is a bigger deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even the flag thing isn't that bad this year.

I heard lots of complaints last year, this year i haven't really heard any unless i'm just not hearing them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

happens every other year for me, i havent left our area (117, row 4) in the 10 years we have tickets and i immediately know they are just visiting.
    Usually let them know initially calmly the situation, then move on. They usually wanna get security and i let them. Happened this past weekend, gonna talk to the guys behind me to remind the people taking their tickets of their situation. I had to tell the dude to let it alone cuz he had his kids with em and id have gladly given him an earful otherwise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove the seats, put in safe standing rails - problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    happens every other year for me, i havent left our area (117, row 4) in the 10 years we have tickets and i immediately know they are just visiting.
    Usually let them know initially calmly the situation, then move on. They usually wanna get security and i let them. Happened this past weekend, gonna talk to the guys behind me to remind the people taking their tickets of their situation. I had to tell the dude to let it alone cuz he had his kids with em and id have gladly given him an earful otherwise
    I'm in 118 so I think it was your 'incident' that caused me to write this post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Even the flag thing isn't that bad this year.

I heard lots of complaints last year, this year i haven't really heard any unless i'm just not hearing them.
    This is actually correct. Far fewer issues.

I just hate how TFC punts this stuff to the fans on game day rather than solving problems themselves.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over 119, a standing supporters section it's never an issue , some people sit, some stand plus with the aisle to nowhere on the side of it a lot of people who stand just go there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I'm in 118 so I think it was your 'incident' that caused me to write this post.
    most likely, im the halfwit in the bucket hat and the fanny pack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My old man, whos 66, was going to get into it too. Gotta say im pretty sick of that shit, youre a guest, im here forever.
    One of my fonder sayings for that lot is "I dont come to your church and tell you how to pray"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add. The "you're in my seat people." I understand you have a seat but that's just not how 112/113 works. My seats are actually where the drum in 113 sits. Tell them to move if you want me to move from your seat. My point = make this general admission already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most likely, im the halfwit in the bucket hat and the fanny pack
    You are correct, sir.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me if you own season seats in the south you have a responsibility to the rest of the supporters to make sure you resell in a responsible manner.
    THIS!

My 'seats' are 114 row 3, imagine some poor guy from three hours north of the city wants to come down with his wife and daughter for a game and end up with those tickets.

I give to friends with warning, if no takers, they go on the ticket trader here.

We pay a sharply discounted price, ~$11/game and we are the only ones who can even get these seats.

There is a responsibility that comes with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My old man, whos 66, was going to get into it too. Gotta say im pretty sick of that shit, youre a guest, im here forever.
    One of my fonder sayings for that lot is "I dont come to your church and tell you how to pray"
    If I were you I would look on stubhub/kijiji and see if the person is selling them via those outlets. If he is I would complain directly to the club as this persons scalping of tickets is causing you problems on an ongoing basis. That's unless you actually know the guy well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiosity I looked on stubhub since I've never actually bought tickets that way - it actually lists seats in those sections as "Supporters 11x - Possible Obstructed View" - so at least at that point it's on the buyer.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you I would look on stubhub/kijiji and see if the person is selling them via those outlets. If he is I would complain directly to the club as this persons scalping of tickets is causing you problems on an ongoing basis. That's unless you actually know the guy well
    Thanks for the tip, definitely something id do if we didnt know the guys. Its been teh same guys for a number of years sharing em, theyre pretty good about things and this is the first incident in which one of their friends (im assuming) didnt know the deal. One of the ticket holders has been there since the start with me, just has a fucked up back from work so he shares em with his buddies who are cool. Think the biggest issue this time around is the guy's missus couldnt see and as a result felt the need to bitch, he was just backing her up even though he knew we were right. Hell we even let his kids stand in our row even tho they didnt have tickets and we didnt give a shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    You are correct, sir.
    I tip my hat to you good sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post

ppl think they will be arrested if they move seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    ppl think they will be arrested if they move seats
    hahah so true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never actually been in my seat

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Do people who show up and see an entire side of a stadium expect to be accommodated? Sure, people can be frustrated but really only with the seller and themselves.
    yes they do. We get it all the time in Section 110

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Over 119, a standing supporters section it's never an issue , some people sit, some stand plus with the aisle to nowhere on the side of it a lot of people who stand just go there.
    Getting older I was finding it harder to stand the entire game in the upper half of section 110. When I talked to my rep during relocation he mentioned that section 119 was no longer a supporter section and he could move me there. I was surprised to see the sign that said 119 was still a supporter section and standing. Was anyone else told that 119 was no longer a supporter section? So far not a big issue as you stated some stand, some sit. I just make do.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Getting older I was finding it harder to stand the entire game in the upper half of section 110. When I talked to my rep during relocation he mentioned that section 119 was no longer a supporter section and he could move me there. I was surprised to see the sign that said 119 was still a supporter section and standing. Was anyone else told that 119 was no longer a supporter section? So far not a big issue as you stated some stand, some sit. I just make do.....
    As far as I know 119 was never stripped of its supoorter section designation. Now on the other hand it never really has functioned as a supporter section in the truest sense. There is no group in there, it's light grey so it costs more and it's a kind of in between section.

The only section in the history of the team to have its supporters section status removed thus become a seating section was 127 after Kings moved to the south end.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    yes they do. We get it all the time in Section 110
    But then we just ignore them and they fuckoff elsewhere at half time

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    But then we just ignore them and they fuckoff elsewhere at half time

hahahaha yup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    ive been contemplating bringing an anti-fatigue mat from costco