Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last two games the team has spread the ball around much better. Before, some of our players seemed to have no other thought than pass the ball to Gio when entering the final third. Seba also cut down on the over ambitious shots from way out. I imagine some of these changes are due to Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought that was a very solid performance. It's amazing how little things like a good 1-2 with Gio can create an amazing goal.

I think this experience for the younger players will pay off in spades down the road. The variance in their level of play week-to-week is not unexpected. Add in what we've got at TFC II we should be good in the depth department. Think the real opportunity in the offseason is to make the most out of the unused international spots to find more proven attacking quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Thought that was a very solid performance. It's amazing how little things like a good 1-2 with Gio can create an amazing goal.

I think this experience for the younger players will pay off in spades down the road. The variance in their level of play week-to-week is not unexpected. Add in what we've got at TFC II we should be good in the depth department. Think the real opportunity in the offseason is to make the most out of the unused international spots to find more proven attacking quality.
    Chapman was really good today. He's starting to show the potential everyone thought he had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    We win three nil, dominate and people still aren't happy
    Beliefs are tied intrinsically to our internal sense of security; when someone believes something and does not have the ability to challenge their own beliefs, and hasn't bottomed out personally due to insecurity, facts don't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started my frequent visits to SportClubStats to look at the percentages. I know they are predictive until they aren't, but can't help it.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/LevelA/MLS.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Beliefs are tied intrinsically to our internal sense of security; when someone believes something and does not have the ability to challenge their own beliefs, and hasn't bottomed out personally due to insecurity, facts don't matter.
    Wish I could favorite this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman was really good today. He's starting to show the potential everyone thought he had.
    Disagree. Thought Chapman had a poor game out of everyone. His touch was off and misplaced many passes. But that doesn't mean I'm writing him off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Disagree. Thought Chapman had a poor game out of everyone. His touch was off and misplaced many passes. But that doesn't mean I'm writing him off.
    He played a perfect little ball on Giovinco's goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Vanney's resume was built on working with young players in academy systems. Teaching is his thing. No matter how much everyone wants to give him zero credit for good results and crucify him for the bad, his effect on the younger players on our roster can't be denied. Never in our history have we had this many young players all be useful and look like real MLSers. It's not all just drafting luck and the benefits of our academy either. He is making them all easy to integrate into the squad without confusion, shape problems, or blown assignments. That's good coaching.
    Well said Ultra.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He played a perfect little ball on Giovinco's goal.
    Doesn't mean he played a great game

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Doesn't mean he played a great game
    I'd say he had an inconsistent game. Had some good moments and made a few good turns/runs but made some simple mistakes too. It's pretty much what I expect from a decent rookie. As long as he avoids the games where he plays terrible all the way through like earlier in the season. Being consistently good comes with growth, confidence, and minutes and I think he'll get there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    This.

If any other player scores,without Seba being involved, I will be the first to congratulate Vanney. This is the biggest issue with the team, that they rely too heavily on Giovinco to "get it done". I'm sure tougher opponents are awaiting that will orchestrate a plan to take Seba out of the game and will probably succeed, therefor we need another player to step up and take the pressure off.

Jozy made a big impact when he came on and has great chemistry with Seba. They just simply know how to read each other. We need to bring Jozy back into the game slowly to ensure he could make a deep run till the end of the season without further injuries.

I think our midfield will greatly improve once Johnson comes back.
    So...that's starting now? Because other players have scored without Seba in on it but...where was the Vanney love then?

But it's cool. Your promise starts....now.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An yet there's no need for psych-slagging. Leave it out in future, please and thank you and keep it to football.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Challenge anyone to look at chapman's assist on the Giovinco goal. All the little adjustments he made before and after he received that ball made it possible for Giovinco to actually run on and have a crack on net. Brilliant finish obviously, but it was more complicated setup than it looked.

He made mistakes over the course of the game too. But total package I'll take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman had a much bigger role to fill without Cheyrou in the lineup. I thought on the whole he did a creditable job.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still mad at Vanney for SJ disgrace, but I can't complain much about 2 back to back wins by 3 goals. He's lucky to catch 2 dumpster fires of a team in DCU and Columbus, but he's getting results now with kids and dealing with injuries, and you can't complain much about that.

Marky Delgado is going to have a long MLS career. He's not going to be a world beater, but every MLS team can use an utility guy like Delgado who is a bit of jack of all trades, but solid overall.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Marky Delgado is going to have a long MLS career. He's not going to be a world beater, but every MLS team can use an utility guy like Delgado who is a bit of jack of all trades, but solid overall.
    For sure. It's crazy that 13 teams passed on him before we picked him up in the dispersal draft, who knows if he'd even be in the league now if we hadn't. Definitely paid off to have Vanney around. One of the few instances where you can say we outsmarted the rest of the league in picking up a quality player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this was a funny tweet from Ola Kamara before the game.

https://twitter.com/OlaKamara/status/759869370373922816
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Challenge anyone to look at chapman's assist on the Giovinco goal. All the little adjustments he made before and after he received that ball made it possible for Giovinco to actually run on and have a crack on net. Brilliant finish obviously, but it was more complicated setup than it looked.

He made mistakes over the course of the game too. But total package I'll take it.
    to know Giovinco's run and timing means he knows his team mates
    Chapman just proved hes a thinker, a quick one at that. Others would have dished it off as quickly as possible for giovinco to do all the work.

Remember, he hit rock bottom with that half assed game not too long ago, to claw back like he has shows that mental strength. Babouli doesnt even see the pitch anymore despite the 120% effort he was putting in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    He's like Jeremy Hall, but less awful.