Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 21 - Minions Do Calypso - CBus @ TFC Sunday 7:30pm

Like most teams, we play on Sunday due to the All Star game on Thursday in San Jose.

Have at It People

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I'll take one from Seba and one for Ricketts, please. Jozy, feel free to get in on it, too.

I'd think Q will get a start once in the next 3 games...I'd hope.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

I highly doubt it, they seem to be intent on keeping it consistent with Bono in gaol and I cant fault them for that, he bounced back after the gaff and it was the right decision to let him stay in goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad he stayed in. His confidence was shaken and to have considered that gaffe against San Jose as career ending for a young player would have been a waste. Consistency has rarely shown itself with our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any update on our injured players? Altidore is back. Whats the status on Johnson, Bradley and Irwin? It would be 3 more weeks for it be the 6 weeks they originally predicted?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Any update on our injured players? Altidore is back. Whats the status on Johnson, Bradley and Irwin? It would be 3 more weeks for it be the 6 weeks they originally predicted?
    Saw a few tweets today saying Bradley was doing weights & cardio now and is about 3 weeks away and WJ is also on schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Ricketts ready to go 90?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Like most teams, we play on Sunday due to the All Star game on Thursday in San Jose.

Have at It People

What, no thread for the ASG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Columbus has Higuain back in the line-up, not sure if he'll be able to go the full 90 minutes though. They've been horrible on the road this season and have been very predicable. I'd like to see another blow out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking we'll win 2-0, looking forward to the game. Gotta carry that momentum on from last game and get the confidence back well before playoffs start. We should be aiming for a bye and no less.

Side note: How fucking lazy are Gareth Wheeler and Devang Desai? Last year wasn't their podcast virtually always once a week? This season it's like once every 3 weeks. If there wasn't so little media available (podcasts etc.) for TFC I wouldn't care because "Wheels" is often annoying af and a huge homer. Seriously they seemingly have a very lax job (especially Gareth since Devang at least handles the clubs computer needs) and they still come across like this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yes I'll take one from Seba and one for Ricketts, please. Jozy, feel free to get in on it, too.

I'd think Q will get a start once in the next 3 games...I'd hope.
    Could all CMNT sympathizers please stop with this "Q for starter" nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    What nonsense? He was better in USL and has been with the team for 5 years, its' time he got his chance. Bono has still cost us 3-4 points over what 6 games, while he has made some nice saves he has been far from convincing.

People wanted Hamilton released as well before he was given a shot and now... well i think we all know how that went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFCB+TFC View Post
    Thinking we'll win 2-0, looking forward to the game. Gotta carry that momentum on from last game and get the confidence back well before playoffs start. We should be aiming for a bye and no less.

Side note: How fucking lazy are Gareth Wheeler and Devang Desai? Last year wasn't their podcast virtually always once a week? This season it's like once every 3 weeks. If there wasn't so little media available (podcasts etc.) for TFC I wouldn't care because "Wheels" is often annoying af and a huge homer. Seriously they seemingly have a very lax job (especially Gareth since Devang at least handles the clubs computer needs) and they still come across like this.

haha man, we all want more TFC content but calling them lazy without knowing the situation is a bit harsh (FO could have scaled back their pay/work load, Wheels left to cover the Euros etc..). Also, they usually release them later in the week (Thursdays) so you might be jumping the gun. Likely waiting for the FO to announce Blanco so they can add it to their agenda

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    What nonsense? He was better in USL and has been with the team for 5 years, its' time he got his chance.
    The stats in the earlier thread debunked this. His numbers were not as good. I blame Bono for dropped points too but you don't unsettle the team during a home stand for no reason other than to give a guy a shot. Now if Bono implodes then that's different. Otherwise, a change is pointless and possibly damaging.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFCB+TFC View Post
    Listen to TFC podcast that Sportsnet does. It's better quality.
    Also there are some fan made TFC podcasts out there if you know where to look.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I agree. PitchSide is much better, and a lot of FOish.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Dan Riccio's tweets and coverage but like much of the Sportsnet/Fan590 content, I find I can skip the first 1/3 with its bros stuff. The interviews are good.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Attention Capos:

Retro chant request

"We all laugh at the yellow football team"

Thank you

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Attention Capos:

Retro chant request

"We all laugh at the Minions football team

Thank you
    fixed
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ either way

It's a classic. Probably the most played on my First "Songs and Chants" CD.

And number 1 is .....

The Whole Team, is....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love that song, but a heads up very few of the capos are on here so a suggestion early on game day is probably necessary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect the minions will be in black for this one. We should be in red as its not a heritage game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    haha man, we all want more TFC content but calling them lazy without knowing the situation is a bit harsh (FO could have scaled back their pay/work load, Wheels left to cover the Euros etc..). Also, they usually release them later in the week (Thursdays) so you might be jumping the gun. Likely waiting for the FO to announce Blanco so they can add it to their agenda
    Lol you make a good point man maybe I was a little harsh. It just doesn't seem to me that getting together to talk soccer for 1 hour and recording/uploading it would be much work at all in the run of a week though (on top of what they already do behind the scenes of course.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    What nonsense? He was better in USL and has been with the team for 5 years, its' time he got his chance. Bono has still cost us 3-4 points over what 6 games, while he has made some nice saves he has been far from convincing.

People wanted Hamilton released as well before he was given a shot and now... well i think we all know how that went.
    Hamilton wasn't ready when everyone wanted him to make the jump to the Sr squad.
    What we are seeing with him is patience paying off. You don't get the calmness he now has on the ball by coming into a Sr. quad at what...18 years old.

John Molinaro has never been someone to put lipstick on a pig when it comes to TFC. So when I read in his artcile that Jon Conway and a former CMNT member/insider are saying Q isn't ready to make the jump - then I have to question his maturity at this point in his career. Let's not forget he's only 21 years old. What harm is there in keeping him down in USL for another year or two until he is fully ready to make the jump.

If Bono was completely shitting the bed, then yes, Let's try Q - but shitting the bed isn't what Bono has been doing. He's been ok so far. Do you really believe another 21-year old kid will be better than ok?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Attention Capos:

Retro chant request

"We all laugh at the yellow football team"

Thank you
    I'm sure that'll get done at some point in 112.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    What's nonsense is the CMNT connection you just made. I know you can't bear to watch them so you wouldn't know but he's far from starting there as well.

If you want to pigeon hole Q supporters (for whatever reason) you can call them Toonies or USL to Academy Accies sympathizers. The people that want to see a kid come through the system. Although he's from Sigma before he sat on a bench for us a couple years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen some Crew media and players mentioning how Toronto played last time in Columbus when talking about how they are going to handle the upcoming game. I think they will be in for a surprise if they think that was a typical Toronto FC game/lineup last time. Hopefully we come out with another DC game type of shellacking. Would be B-U-tiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Ah I didn't know Sportsnet does one, I'll check it out thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I agree. PitchSide is much better, and a lot of FOish.
    I'll check this out as well, I think this might be the same one I listened to a day or two after the DC game, they had Kurt Larson on, is that the one? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still some are worrying that this game for Bono could be a case of Sunday Bloody Sunday, where he comes charging out of his box and still haven't found what I'm looking for, running down a blind alley where the streets have no name. With or without you, I think he'll be fine, he has the desire. Football can work in mysterious ways but a few error free games in a row and that'll be the sweetest thing. A no goals conceded on Sunday night will make it a beautiful day especially with Monday being a holiday, a case of even better than the real thing. Need our fans to be loud, elevation is what our players needs from us. As we move up the table some of us may get vertigo. Sometimes you can't make it on your own, we need to be one.