Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Great weekend for us. We picked up 3 points, Philly lost to RSL, and two draws between DC/MTL and CHI/NYRB. We're in 3rd in the East, 2 points back of the Red Bulls with 2 games in hand.
    Tied for 3rd in the east, with Philly and MTL, same point spread between them and the top as well, less the games at hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#vanneyOut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    #vanneyOut
    This win has nothing to do with Vanney. Giovinco was on all 3 goals again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Yeah, Giovinco also ran the midfield and bossed the back line. Made a couple key saves too. I thought it was smart of him to go with 2 strikers up top and decide that a diamond midfield was better than 3 at the back as well. The little man really did it all tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We caught CBus at a good time.

Offence looked potent but defence was surprisingly not getting crosses; if that's our midfield for the other 2 games this week, we got issues. NER lives in the DM zone and RSL are quick.

Take the 3 points, be happy for the offence and move on.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-01-2016 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our youth continues to step up. Impressive win under the circumstances, and good to see Seba is back to himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its funny...when we win its because the other team sucked and we got them at a good time
    could of had 5-6 goals tonight,yes we are hanging back a bit but we are playing a b midfield.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney's resume was built on working with young players in academy systems. Teaching is his thing. No matter how much everyone wants to give him zero credit for good results and crucify him for the bad, his effect on the younger players on our roster can't be denied. Never in our history have we had this many young players all be useful and look like real MLSers. It's not all just drafting luck and the benefits of our academy either. He is making them all easy to integrate into the squad without confusion, shape problems, or blown assignments. That's good coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this concludes. Vanney is just not likeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    its funny...when we win its because the other team sucked and we got them at a good time
    could of had 5-6 goals tonight,yes we are hanging back a bit but we are playing a b midfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Vanney's resume was built on working with young players in academy systems. Teaching is his thing. No matter how much everyone wants to give him zero credit for good results and crucify him for the bad, his effect on the younger players on our roster can't be denied. Never in our history have we had this many young players all be useful and look like real MLSers. It's not all just drafting luck and the benefits of our academy either. He is making them all easy to integrate into the squad without confusion, shape problems, or blown assignments. That's good coaching.
    Mmmmhmm. Some people seem to be forgetting that we've been playing without 2/3 DP's for half the season. When Irwin and Johnson went down some thought we'd miss the playoffs. Currently we've got about an 88% chance of making them.

If anyone should go it's Bez. We're a poorly constructed side with far too many international players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me just add this...

Zavaleta: Vanney pickup.
    Delgado: Vanney pickup.
    Endoh: Vanney draft pick.
    Chapman: Vanney/Bez signing.

Yes, Giovinco is the main attraction, but all of the above had pretty big games. All are young. You have to give Vanney credit. You HAVE to.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man with all the negativity in here you would have thought we were the ones to lose 3-0. I am enjoying going to BMO and walking out with a win and a smile on my face. Nuff said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was a great game for GIO otherwise the team was okay...Endoh cant pass the fucking ball. That being said the atmosphere was great minus the guy with the flag in the bottom of 112 (second half).... I thought flags were supposed to be down during important moments but not last night I missed a good few moments of the second half because of this
    Last edited by mook-life; 08-01-2016 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoyed a good win from the TEAM and COACHES.

Stop the fucking whining all of you right now, or you will have to go stand in the corner.

Children

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba's goal might be better than the one against NYRB last year. Wow.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People I enjoyed the win as much as anybody.

But, they had numerous free headers in the first half; that's something we didn't see before against teams with big up front bodies this season. You could see the defence talking about it among themselves all game. Moore had some teaching moments with Chapman about this for most of the game. After the first goal, Zaveleta goes to talk to Vanney to get instructions. Something wasn't right back there. They seemed to get it sorted for the second half when CBus brought on Jahn but Cbus still had a couple of good tries. Between that and Higuian having an off night, well we did defensively what we needed to do given what was in front of us.

Altidore and Seba are really working well together. Seba was looking for the pass all night and it was making a difference giving himself space.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny to see the different views of the game. Personally, I thought chapman had a weak game (at least first half). Couldn't seem to get his first touch under control. Really thought morrow had a great game. Most of our attack seemed to come up his side.

Anyway - happy for the win. And the second half definitely seemed better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our record now is 5-1-3 at renovated BMO even with the injuries. This is our fortress, this is our house!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seba's goal might be better than the one against NYRB last year. Wow.
    He made me laugh out loud on Endoh's goal, when he mimed like he was going to throttle him, and Endoh looked scared as hell for a split second, haha.

They need to start cryogenically freezing Seba between games, so he can play for us as many years as possible.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We win three nil, dominate and people still aren't happy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Our record now is 5-1-3 at renovated BMO even with the injuries. This is our fortress, this is our house!
    Including the Canadian Championship, we are 7-1-3 at BMO Field this season, the only loss was the Vancouver game 4-3 which wasn't very good. Each tie, we also were the better team and let the points slip away. What impresses me most is we won 4 of our first 5 home games 1-0, now we have two straight 3 goal victories. Those are the types of wins we needed.

Also Altidore probably had the best game I have ever seen him play, his one two with Seba where he hit the post twice was outstanding. He scored a nice goal with some great hold up play and also scored an offside goal. Him and Giovinco look really intimidating and can dismantle any defense in that form. Once our midfield gets healthy, we will be playing even better and contain more possession. As long as two of Bradley Cheyrou and Johnson are healthy you don't have to worry about the midfield.

And lastly our defense was very strong. Apart from the two open Meram headers that went wide, Vanney spoke with Zavaleta and made some sort of adjustment after that completely shut down their attack. It is hard to hate on Vanney lately, he is far from perfect, but the team seems to have great morale and are improving. In addition, the young kids are gelling extremely well so I don't know how you could hate on him.

TFC are looking like real Eastern Conference contenders, the east is pretty open this year with no strong team in particular... We have a good chance at going far, I don't see who can stop us if we get healthy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Man with all the negativity in here you would have thought we were the ones to lose 3-0. I am enjoying going to BMO and walking out with a win and a smile on my face.
    ^
    We agree.
    In addition to the win and a smile:
    - another TFC hat to add to our collection,
    - another 'cup' TFC won this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy's goal should have been ruled an OG, which would have been funny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    ^
    We agree.
    In addition to the win and a smile:
    - another TFC hat to add to our collection,
    - another 'cup' TFC won this year.
    Hold on to your hat, I didn't get one...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you saying

That Vanney should be in on more goals or that if anyone but Seba scores Vanney gets the credit?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mook-life View Post
    was a great game for GIO otherwise the team was okay...Endoh cant pass the fucking ball. That being said the atmosphere was great minus the guy with the flag in the bottom of 112 (second half).... I thought flags were supposed to be down during important moments but not last night I missed a good few moments of the second half because of this

same. missed play due to oversized flags down front in 114. lots of complaints around me as well. would love to say i want to drive 60-90 minutes each way (sometimes more) to watch flags and not a game, but don't have that in me.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Having stepped away from the message board, I find the over analysis somewhat strange.

Do folks really feel that if the team plays a perfect game that it somehow will correlate to a playoff win?

Playoffs are far away. The match ups will be very different. Health issues will be very different. Even the weather will be very different.

I'd be willing to bet that the statistical correlation to winning using a certain format on July 31st in relation to playoff success would be about the same as Donald Trump not saying something puzzling this week.

Our team won. Folks in the stadium had a great time. Some good memories were imprinted in the ol' brain. And since I was there with my son and driving, I saved $12 for each beer that I didn't buy.

Win-win-win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    He made me laugh out loud on Endoh's goal, when he mimed like he was going to throttle him, and Endoh looked scared as hell for a split second, haha.

They need to start cryogenically freezing Seba between games, so he can play for us as many years as possible.
    That was hilarious. You can see Endoh saying it went off his head with a scared look on his face, LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What are you saying

That Vanney should be in on more goals or that if anyone but Seba scores Vanney gets the credit?
    This.

If any other player scores,without Seba being involved, I will be the first to congratulate Vanney. This is the biggest issue with the team, that they rely too heavily on Giovinco to "get it done". I'm sure tougher opponents are awaiting that will orchestrate a plan to take Seba out of the game and will probably succeed, therefor we need another player to step up and take the pressure off.

Jozy made a big impact when he came on and has great chemistry with Seba. They just simply know how to read each other. We need to bring Jozy back into the game slowly to ensure he could make a deep run till the end of the season without further injuries.

I think our midfield will greatly improve once Johnson comes back.
    Last edited by ronzilla; 08-01-2016 at 12:48 PM.