Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke with Ricketts away from cameras. He's owed three months wages. More: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/21...going-with-tfc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    I spoke with Ricketts away from cameras. He's owed three months wages. More: http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/21...going-with-tfc
    wow, 3 months is really significant. Especially if you only play like 10 yrs professionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last part in that article is concerning.

Quillan Roberts, who despite being in his fifth season has yet to play a minute of MLS action
    When are they going to give him a chance? At the very least I thought they would rotate the two backups in Irwins absence.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The last part in that article is concerning.

When are they going to give him a chance? At the very least I thought they would rotate the two backups in Irwins absence.
    Clearly he's not ready. He's still young - there is zero reason to rush him to the first team now. I prefer him to stay down there and develop his game and mature as a player and only bring him up when there is no doubt about his abilities to manage a team from the back.

I said the same thing about Hamilton.

People were crying bloody murder to have him on the first team a couple years ago. I'm so happy they didn't bring him up - and we are now seeing the results of not rushing a player's development. The kid needed to develop his game in an environment that wasn't hostile. He was able to make mistakes, learn from them and not be ripped apart in the mainstream and social media.

IMO - he still isn't a full-time starter - quality option off the bench and occasional starter - yes - but he isn't ready for the pressures of having to perform game in and game out and then having to answer for it when he doesn't.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q was riding pine before he had a place to start. I'd give him way more leeway. It's too bad the Toonies weren't around right after the Accies were born.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER