Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't looked closely enough at the replays of the cards. During the game I certainly thought the red cards were unwarranted. But I have no strong opinion either way.

However, reading comments from various people about these cards (incl. non-TFC fans), there seems to be a huge change of the DisCo compared to the beginning of the season. I believe in the beginning of the year, if something was even close to borderline, they wouldn't have rescinded a card -- especially not two cards in a game. They even gave supplementary discipline early on for a couple of pretty marginal fouls (of "diving in," "studs showing" and the like).

I find it pretty embarrassing that the DisCo seems to change the rules & interpretations like that, during the season. I don't remember seeing anything public about the change (after they made a big deal about the new tougher guidelines at the beginning of the season). The Disco should be there for "sober second thought" with lots of time to prepare for decisions before the season, and lots of time to review each call.

Lately there's been some pretty bad fouls, incl. a few by TFC players, that weren't punished enough by the ref, and the DisCo didn't say anything either. Perhaps the pendulum has swung too far in the opposite direction -- all during one season. The inconsistency is maddening.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-22-2016 at 11:30 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independent Review Panel is not DisCo. 2 separate things

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Independent Review Panel is not DisCo. 2 separate things
    Oops. OK I'll read more about all that on the weekend...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    Next four matches are critical. Toronto FC needs eight or nine points, minimum. If they drop two or three of these fixtures, I think Manning will have some decisions to make.

It's cliche, I suppose, but I've held since May that Toronto FC is the best team in the East when fully healthy. Can they get fully healthy before three-game road trip?

-Larson

Looks like you might be right.

9 points taken since your post, and the team isn't even playing it's best 11, and we have one more game kicking off in a few minutes.

If they grab 3 points in the game about to start, well..... this team might be the best in the east despite all the negativity in this thread (including mine).