Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...-its-time-move

Vanney's response to this disgraceful game: it's time to move on.

As usual on any manager, see the video.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/07...?autoplay=true

People will make of it what they want to.

For another perspective

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/07...?autoplay=true

basically says the same thing. Moor didn't accept the offered excuses. Took the blame. But said team needs to move on mentally.

If people want them to sit in sackcloth and ashes, you heard Moor there - that's not considered professional.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    Incredible how the sky is falling around here after a 2-1 loss on the road.
    Its how it happened coupled with the PTSD, the uncertainty over the transfer window, the concerns over Seba and the general unease at our offence. We've seen this story before the last few years - good start, not good enough home run, not winning things convincingly ever, good cup run and then an away game meltdown.

If we lose to DCU on Saturday, invest in fertilizer and fan stocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why has Edwards not been given a first team contract? From what everyone says he's ripping up the USL and he looked like one of our best players when he was subbed on in the Canadian Championship. He honestly can't be any worse than who we have starting now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally, road loss is no big deal. But hard to ignore the multiple problems that game exposed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next couple games will tell us if we are overreacting right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's the way TFC lost that has everyone so angry. I admit I'm really peeved by that goal Bono let in, but you can bet that over the next week he's going to be reviewing that goal over and over again in his mind. I doubt he's ever going to make that mistake again. But that's the problem with developing players - they are going to make mistakes as they get exposed to higher and higher levels of play. If he makes the same mistake again, then yes, bench him permanently. But we as supporters are way too quick to castigate the younger players. We want the best player for each position now. But I can't help but look back at those we've let go over the past few years: Cronin, Frei, Tchani, Amerikwa, Maund... I'm sure there are others people could name, but we want to win now after so many years of frustration and overlook the potential of these players. Chalk this one up to one for the history books and move on to the remaining 15 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sky is falling thing will always be there until this team is able to put a good season together and by a good season I mean at least 3rd place or better in the division and even winning a playoff round. Is that too much to ask for? What do you expect from people with the history of failure of this team since it's inception. Moreover, there have been so many debacles with last night's game being the worst, there have been so many embarrassing games, even last years playoff game to Montreal was so embarrassing, they finally just squeak into the playoffs after never making it and then get embarrassed off the field by no other than their arch rivals the Impact. So we waited for a playoff game and that is what we got, just incredible but so TFC, you could not makeup some of the things up about this team over the years even if you tried lol. The losing streaks, the goalless streaks, the losing games in the last few seconds of games, it just goes on and on lol, so yes when another one happens like last night what do people expect from the fans that miraculously still come out in big numbers to games. We talk about the Argos and their bad attendance so far and myself included but how long can this crap go on before TFC games are attended by just a few diehards, people can only take so much and once people stop showing up good luck trying to get them back.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 07-17-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFCB+TFC View Post
    Why has Edwards not been given a first team contract? From what everyone says he's ripping up the USL and he looked like one of our best players when he was subbed on in the Canadian Championship. He honestly can't be any worse than who we have starting now.
    Might be because of the budget situation, we don't have a lot of wiggle room apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He really took a step back with his tactical approach in this match. He played right into their strengths and never altered his approach. I am also going to have to blame him for starting Osorio. It's a 100% waste of a spot. I know Delgado is no better but Osorio is invisible.
    Didnt see the game, will watch tonight. But Oso has played his best for us all year when he has been in the hole, not wide. Endoh should be wide. i think this makes both players worse.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you'd like to defend how a team with 9 men can beat a team with 11 while managing to make our attack look completely unthreatening I'm all ears.

im not normally over dramatic but this one hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    One positive:

Jordan Hamilton continues to show he is a good hold up man.
    He was so static off the ball that Vanney was screaming at him to move the whole game. Literally. He is a natural goal scorer though.
    Last edited by jloome; 07-17-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks for Heath.
    Why?!? The only reason he was fired is because his owner is nuts. They took roster decisions away from him two years ago and he still put out a competitive team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Hagglund is somewhat defensible for an aerial threat. Using him as a target man is flat out inflexible. That's the problem that comes with lack of forward options who are good in the air.

Vanney is going to get chewed out behind doors over his choice of bombing crosses in the box over and over instead of playing numerical advantages by creating triangle overloads.

It it should be obvious that we are not an aerial threat on offense.
    We should have been doing both. But the players were so static around the box there was no overload possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with how pissed off everyone is and feel the same, BUT...breaking down teams with everyone behind the ball is one of the most difficult things to do in soccer. And being down two men they had zero incentive to even pretend to play any offense. It's very hard to break through a team doing that, especially at this level. The BAC tactics are kind of understandable since we weren't playing through them. The goal we gave up was a complete, 100% blunder. It wasn't like we were being outplayed by 9 men.

I'm still pissed off but trying to avoid a total over reaction. What it does show is how badly we need a Piatti/Valeri/Pakistan type midfielder. I'd rather see a DP there than two DP forwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Didnt see the game, will watch tonight. But Oso has played his best for us all year when he has been in the hole, not wide. Endoh should be wide. i think this makes both players worse.

Absolutely agree.

The players are not being utilized properly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I agree with how pissed off everyone is and feel the same, BUT...breaking down teams with everyone behind the ball is one of the most difficult things to do in soccer. And being down two men they had zero incentive to even pretend to play any offense. It's very hard to break through a team doing that, especially at this level. The BAC tactics are kind of understandable since we weren't playing through them. The goal we gave up was a complete, 100% blunder. It wasn't like we were being outplayed by 9 men.

I'm still pissed off but trying to avoid a total over reaction. What it does show is how badly we need a Piatti/Valeri/Pakistan type midfielder. I'd rather see a DP there than two DP forwards.

What? Not sure what Pakistan has to do with anything?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, glad i wasn't able to watch last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    What? Not sure what Pakistan has to do with anything?
    Kljestan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think it's the way TFC lost that has everyone so angry. I admit I'm really peeved by that goal Bono let in, but you can bet that over the next week he's going to be reviewing that goal over and over again in his mind. I doubt he's ever going to make that mistake again. But that's the problem with developing players - they are going to make mistakes as they get exposed to higher and higher levels of play. If he makes the same mistake again, then yes, bench him permanently. But we as supporters are way too quick to castigate the younger players. We want the best player for each position now. But I can't help but look back at those we've let go over the past few years: Cronin, Frei, Tchani, Amerikwa, Maund... I'm sure there are others people could name, but we want to win now after so many years of frustration and overlook the potential of these players. Chalk this one up to one for the history books and move on to the remaining 15 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    The Sky is falling thing will always be there until this team is able to put a good season together and by a good season I mean at least 3rd place or better in the division and even winning a playoff round. Is that too much to ask for? What do you expect from people with the history of failure of this team since it's inception. Moreover, there have been so many debacles with last night's game being the worst, there have been so many embarrassing games, even last years playoff game to Montreal was so embarrassing, they finally just squeak into the playoffs after never making it and then get embarrassed off the field by no other than their arch rivals the Impact. So we waited for a playoff game and that is what we got, just incredible but so TFC, you could not makeup some of the things up about this team over the years even if you tried lol. The losing streaks, the goalless streaks, the losing games in the last few seconds of games, it just goes on and on lol, so yes when another one happens like last night what do people expect from the fans that miraculously still come out in big numbers to games. We talk about the Argos and their bad attendance so far and myself included but how long can this crap go on before TFC games are attended by just a few diehards, people can only take so much and once people stop showing up good luck trying to get them back.

Guys, you need to make proper sentences and paragraphs. You're posts are almost unreadable imo.

I feel like you have a lot to say but it gets lost in the poor grammar.

Paragraphs, spacing, and proper sentences please. Maybe I'm just an old time stickler for these things, but can't be bothered to read posts without proper attention to detail.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Why?!? The only reason he was fired is because his owner is nuts. They took roster decisions away from him two years ago and he still put out a competitive team.
    Was never sold on him and I didn't like what I saw in Orlando during his stint. If we are going to make a change, I want it seamless without a full bore upheaval and I want a solid, MLS veteran manager who is proven. Heath is not proven at this level. Kreis is the only manager I'd switch to mid-season. No one else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Kljestan.

Right.

Valeri, Piatti, or Kljestan is exactly what this team needs at the moment.

Osorio as a 10 is not a bad option in the meantime. He has proven fit for the job on this team in the past, they just won't give him the job for some stupid reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    The next couple games will tell us if we are overreacting right now.
    We have scored 3 goals in 4 games against bottom feeders and managed 1 win. We are not overreacting right now. There is a clear and evident problem with this team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio as a 10 is not a bad option in the meantime. He has proven fit for the job on this team in the past, they just won't give him the job for some stupid reason.
    The reason is that he isn't good enough and his brain and instincts are too slow to be in a pivotal position. He hasn't been good in a long time and he isn't the answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason is that he isn't good enough and his brain and instincts are too slow to be in a pivotal position. He hasn't been good in a long time and he isn't the answer.

I completely disagree.

He has proven to be a great 10 on this team and in MLS. Literally he has played great and put the ball in the back of the net when asked to play the 10.

Lately they just won't give him the responsibility for whatever reason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, you need to make proper sentences and paragraphs. You're posts are almost unreadable imo.

I feel like you have a lot to say but it gets lost in the poor grammar.

Paragraphs, spacing, and proper sentences please. Maybe I'm just an old time stickler for these things, but can't be bothered to read posts without proper attention to detail.
    You are awesome. Thanks for this. I'm going outside to enjoy my own little summerlicious. I see you got this covered.

Everyone keep the knives where they should be and try not to point em on each other.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Everyone keep the knives where they should be and try not to point em on each other.
    but we're mad now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Might be because of the budget situation, we don't have a lot of wiggle room apparently.
    Ah that makes sense. I forgot about this in my anger, thanks Richard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the point, that it was a 2-1 loss on the road, the point is that we were gifted with SJ getting 2 red card, down 2 men, and TFC had no desire, drive or gumption to go for the kill, an easy 3 points(that is on Vanney's head). It was almost as if TFC had no idea what to do. Memories of the England national team came to mind.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Preki/Mariner ball last night and that beyond pissed me off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    That's not the point, that it was a 2-1 loss on the road, the point is that we were gifted with SJ getting 2 red card, down 2 men, and TFC had no desire, drive or gumption to go for the kill, an easy 3 points(that is on Vanney's head). It was almost as if TFC had no idea what to do. Memories of the England national team came to mind.
    I didn't see the game, I'm just accepting it as a 2-1 loss on the west coast. Should have gotten a result if SJ was down to nine men.

But I think people lose sight of the fact that this is football and these things happen. Furthermore, its MLS football, the first place team in the east is 8-6-6. We are 6-6-7, middle of the pack, with so much of the season left to play.

The overall trend of this teams performance does not yet indicate they are headed to the bottom of the east division. Also, its pointless to make comparisons of this TFC squad to the TFC of 3-9 years ago, considering its completely different players and coaching staff. This rationale just defies logic to me.