Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Why?!? The only reason he was fired is because his owner is nuts. ..
    He's a crap tactician with no ability to adjust to game states.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The reason is that he isn't good enough and his brain and instincts are too slow to be in a pivotal position. He hasn't been good in a long time and he isn't the answer.
    Unfortunate, but I agree. Either the league has sped up since his rookie season or he's slowed down because his lack of athleticism is a major issue at this point.

I'd also point out that all of Osorio / Delgado / Endoh / Lovitz / etc.... Are way too passive in transition. It's like watching everything in slow motion when they get the ball. Other teams, like we saw with Dawkins last night, are quicker on the counter and the players seem to know exactly what to do next. Our guys get the ball and take 2-3 touches just to get their bearings before even attempting to do anything useful.

I'd give the role to chapman for now, get reinforcements soon. He is thinking fast (comparatively) and shows willingness to drive forward. Too many negative passes from all the guys I've listed above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we speak Valerie has a brace. That's the kind of midfielder we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Unfortunate, but I agree. Either the league has sped up since his rookie season or he's slowed down because his lack of athleticism is a major issue at this point.

I'd also point out that all of Osorio / Delgado / Endoh / Lovitz / etc.... Are way too passive in transition. It's like watching everything in slow motion when they get the ball. Other teams, like we saw with Dawkins last night, are quicker on the counter and the players seem to know exactly what to do next. Our guys get the ball and take 2-3 touches just to get their bearings before even attempting to do anything useful

I'd give the role to chapman for now, get reinforcements soon. He is thinking fast (comparatively) and shows willingness to drive forward. Too many negative passes from all the guys I've listed above.
    Well said.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I avoided the news, & watched the game delayed on MLS Live today. (I couldn't watch it live at 4:30 am in Europe.) I agree with most of what was written above. What utter fucking garbage.

BelfastBoy you really need to watch the whole game before commenting in a situation like that. This was not a "one off" or "away game" issue. That was a team-, coach-, and season-defining performance.

RE Giovinco: some people say it's a problem we're "shitting on him." I think he's understandably frustrated. There's alot going wrong that's not his fault. Missing players like Altidore, Bradley, Johnson (& Irwin) is a big problem for Giovinco & everyone else. Only a small part of the blame goes to Seba.

However he was the superstar on the field, the only DP remaining. He's gotta step up. And the coach & club have to figure out how the hell to manage this superstar in a slump. Just consider that Giovinco hasn't scored a SINGLE free-kick goal all season: that's not related to Altidore being away. Consider despite all the other issues, Giovinco again got some open looks today, and missed the goal completely, couldn't even force a save. That's his (& the coach's) problem, nobody elses.

Yeah the field was shit, but no worse than some of the Euro cup pitches this year. At least by the 2nd half, players should have the right studs on, and adjust their play to the surface. Don't plant your foot at crazy angles when taking a shot, it's not going to work. Really no excuse.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-17-2016 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Ontario teams are cursed. Ottawa just conceded to lose the game against Edmonton after being one man up for 70 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He's a crap tactician with no ability to adjust to game states.
    Which is why Orlando scores more late-game goals to get points than any other team in the east. Nah, I disagree. His record has been pretty excellent for the last five years; prior to coaching us, Vanney had being Fraser's assistant twice on his resume. Heath has a good win-loss record, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason is that he isn't good enough and his brain and instincts are too slow to be in a pivotal position. He hasn't been good in a long time and he isn't the answer.
    Agreed, Osorio is not the answer , same with Delgado and a couple of others. There is an obvious lack of real heart / passion right now in playing your role. I can only assume that guys are not playing for Vanney. Its just too inconsistent. While the injuries don't help the overhype by coaching staff of the depth led us to believe that the "younger guys" will step up to get a role. You can only step up to the limits of your ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Guys, you need to make proper sentences and paragraphs. You're posts are almost unreadable imo.

I feel like you have a lot to say but it gets lost in the poor grammar.

Paragraphs, spacing, and proper sentences please. Maybe I'm just an old time stickler for these things, but can't be bothered to read posts without proper attention to detail.
    Er, I don't think my grammar is that bad. Sure, I tend to use ellipsis and em-dashes a lot, but that's because I'm trying to emulate my stream of thought as I'm writing. I'm not a fan of the one-sentence paragraph either. How would you rewrite my paragraph for legibility?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Er, I don't think my grammar is that bad. Sure, I tend to use ellipsis and em-dashes a lot, but that's because I'm trying to emulate my stream of thought as I'm writing. I'm not a fan of the one-sentence paragraph either. How would you rewrite my paragraph for legibility?
    Your choice but scan the board and you'll see what the average is vs the TLDR stories.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think it's the way TFC lost that has everyone so angry.

I admit I'm really peeved by that goal Bono let in, but you can bet that over the next week he's going to be reviewing that goal over and over again in his mind. I doubt he's ever going to make that mistake again. But that's the problem with developing players - they are going to make mistakes as they get exposed to higher and higher levels of play. If he makes the same mistake again, then yes, bench him permanently.

We as supporters are way too quick to castigate the younger players. We want the best player for each position now. But I can't help but look back at those we've let go over the past few years: Cronin, Frei, Tchani, Amerikwa, Maund... I'm sure there are others people could name.

Chalk this one up to one for the history books and move on to the remaining 15 games.
    Here's how I read his post. YMMV.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somebody was wondering what turnover led to the 2nd San Jose goal. It was actually a bad pass from Giovinco to Osorio. But I would give Osorio some of the blame for the turnover. I find he's often slow/immobile even in close. Osorio suddenly runs towards Giovinco for no reason, giving himself less time to receive the pass. Osorio is so surprised by a pass that just goes a bit to his side, and can't stick his foot out to receive it. He almost falls on his ass, can't recover to receive the ball, or to significantly challenge the San Jose defender.

That player starts at the edge of his box, picks up the loose ball & runs straight to the half line, before passing to Dawkins who scored the goal.

But of course Bono should have saved that goal.

http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...ls/video/82843

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Somebody was wondering what turnover led to the 2nd San Jose goal. It was actually a bad pass from Giovinco to Osorio. But I would give Osorio some of the blame for the turnover. I find he's often slow/immobile even in close. Osorio suddenly runs towards Giovinco for no reason, giving himself less time to receive the pass. Osorio is so surprised by a pass that just goes a bit to his side, and can't stick his foot out to receive it. He almost falls on his ass, can't recover to receive the ball, or to significantly challenge the San Jose defender.

That player starts at the edge of his box, picks up the loose ball & runs straight to the half line, before passing to Dawkins who scored the goal.

FWIW,

Vanney dissected the goal in his presser afterwards in about 3 sentences - indicating how Osorio started the cascade of issues and it continued when the defence allowed the guy to get on his preferred foot. He didn't throw Bono under the bus - like most coaches, he rarely uses individuals names when critiquing - uses "we" a lot when he means a certain player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't read through the whole thread but IMO you gotta look to Williams in this as well ... how does he let him cut back in?? Just force the guy wide, he was in a good position to keep him on the outside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Here's how I read his post. YMMV.
    Thanks, I'll try to write fewer walls of text in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still undecided if Vanney should stay or go, his record certainly hasn't inspired much in the way of confidence.

What I can't understand is why he would put a defenceman on as CF, WHEN HE HAS A DP STRIKER ON THE BENCH????

Granted Jozy isn't at 100% and we don't know the extent of his rehab, but if he can't play 15 minutes at the end of a game against 9 tired opponents, why the fark did you bother to bring him?

I haven't been this angry for watching a game in a long time. Last time was when the MLSE told me that Terry Dunfield was something to get excited about and I cancelled my season tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game was massive failure. We should've scored few goals not conceiving losing the game goal. Why Altidore was brought to this game is beyond me. If he is not fully recover, isn't better staying here and having extra rest?

We need few good wins in the next games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next four matches are critical. Toronto FC needs eight or nine points, minimum. If they drop two or three of these fixtures, I think Manning will have some decisions to make.

It's cliche, I suppose, but I've held since May that Toronto FC is the best team in the East when fully healthy. Can they get fully healthy before three-game road trip?

-Larson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add more salt to the wound, I have just learned that SJ have not won a game since May and they did it with 9 men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I'm still undecided if Vanney should stay or go, his record certainly hasn't inspired much in the way of confidence.

What I can't understand is why he would put a defenceman on as CF, WHEN HE HAS A DP STRIKER ON THE BENCH????

Granted Jozy isn't at 100% and we don't know the extent of his rehab, but if he can't play 15 minutes at the end of a game against 9 tired opponents, why the fark did you bother to bring him?

I haven't been this angry for watching a game in a long time. Last time was when the MLSE told me that Terry Dunfield was something to get excited about and I cancelled my season tickets.
    i think they are being careful with jozy.they wanna make sure he is ready for the US games in sept

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Didn't read through the whole thread but IMO you gotta look to Williams in this as well ... how does he let him cut back in?? Just force the guy wide, he was in a good position to keep him on the outside.
    Yeah for sure they also messed up in defense. I was just highlighting the turnover because someone was asking who started the whole play. Bono made the biggest mistake, but Williams & Beitashour also screwed up. Williams should have guided Dawkins wide; and Beitashour should have been positioned and ready with his feet as a backup to protect the goal. TFC had enough guys back, also Moor, Cheyrou & Osorio, that they should have prevented the clear (but weak) shot on goal.

On July 2nd, Jordan Morris for Seattle was also able to take two TFC defenders out of commission with a single cutback, in the same area of the field. Embarrassing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On July 2nd, Jordan Morris for Seattle was also able to take two TFC defenders out of commission with a single cutback, in the same area of the field. Embarrassing.
    At least his goal was a good one though. Dawkin's one was about the same as the ones in the pre-match warm ups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are a TFC defender I don't know how you have any confidence left in Bono, that's pretty much the death knell for a keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least his goal was a good one though. Dawkin's one was about the same as the ones in the pre-match warm ups.
    It was a hell of a shot but the defenders let him walk out of the corner and smash it on net... Pretty awful stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No professional 'keeper should watch that shot fly by him into the middle of the goal. It was horrendous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yah, that ball was middle of net.

really some keepers could have kept their feet planted and the ball would hand dinged off of them.

that was career at TFC ending stuff. This is the Pros, you only get so many chances

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...berto-quintero

Both red cards to SJ's Godoy and Quintero rescinded
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Wow. That's a big deal. At least they can't argue it cost them much.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if any ref in history has had two reds completely reversed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Funny how Simon Borg thought both red cards were fully warranted. And watching the first one in slow motion I thought he caught Endoh pretty badly with his studs up. Sure does make the ref look bad when they rescind 2 cards though.