Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frustrating game to watch but considering the lineup, 1 point is somewhat satisfying. I really can't stand to watch Delgado pass to the opposition over and over every game. I find myself counting how many times he does it per game. I lost track but I think it was 7 or 8 times last night. I don't know if there is a metric for this, but there should be. Osorio has also become hesitant again, it's like he thinks too much. I don't think shooting practice is going to cure that. He needs to get out of his head. I really like the tendency of the whole team to play smartly, but sometimes the cheekiness turns against them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I have corrected your spelling of Osorio, and yes I have noticed that as well, his only real bright spot was the 2 goals against L'impact.
    Ever since Johnson tore him a new asshole, Osorio has had no confidence, Some shooting practice would be nice.
    thanks

my phone spellcheck always re corrects it that way., also TOO not TO.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Amazing people complain about us being shit when we managed a point on the road with a line up that looks like we're ready to play a shitty mid season friendly against some EPL team. The way we've played with everyone out has given me more hope going forward than I can ever remember with this team. We've never had a supporting cast that could do anything good and now we have one that can at least scrap for a point. We get everyone back 100% and hopefully get a new face or two and we should look good come fall.
    I have to agree. I previous years a difficult time like this relying on our B squad would have turned into an 8 game losing streak, everyone panicking and gloom and doom. Instead our depth is solid, our record is a respectable .500, and when our main actors are back we can do a decent playoff push.

It's ugly soccer right now, but once we have our main squad clicking it will be beautiful again. Right now is just about survival.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdnorman View Post
    At the risk of disrupting the love-fest for Hamilton, I think one thing worth noting about his game that really requires work is his off-the-ball play. He's been very good for a young player with the ball and is growing into a potent threat, but when he doesn't have the ball he's awful. I realize there has been some comparisons to Altidore and I think they are fair in that he's also awful without the ball.

Giovinco and Babouli both chase after and pressure the defenders and keepers. Watch Hamilton and he jogs near the defender and then, when he gets close, has no idea what to do. There's no hunger for defence or a steal and that's a real concern. Just watch his approach to handling opponents and it will drive you mad. We pay attention when he has the ball and for that, we're often rewarded, but if he's going to be a valuable player down the road he's got to work on that other aspect of his game.

What I worry is that it suggests a lack of hunger. Giovinco goes after people. Babouli does too as do so many, but Hamilton jogs around and doesn't know and doesn't seem to care and that bothered me all game tonight. Even his goal didn't save him in my eyes (harsh, maybe -- but the more you watch that the worse it seems because it's an easy fix).
    hes pedestrian in his approach, I would like to see some fire. But i think that calm is what allows him to be a clinical finisher. He also seems to go unnoticed like a soccer ninja.
    To be fair though, a few of his goals were him tracking back , passing it to the mid, then running free to get the through ball

As long as he is closing down some passing lanes as a striker Im okay with not wasting your gas on trying to steal the ball each and every time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Frustrating game to watch but considering the lineup, 1 point is somewhat satisfying. I really can't stand to watch Delgado pass to the opposition over and over every game. I find myself counting how many times he does it per game. I lost track but I think it was 7 or 8 times last night. I don't know if there is a metric for this, but there should be. Osorio has also become hesitant again, it's like he thinks too much. I don't think shooting practice is going to cure that. He needs to get out of his head. I really like the tendency of the whole team to play smartly, but sometimes the cheekiness turns against them.
    I think one touch practice will help. he needs one touch to be a habit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    This is mostly a TFC B squad. We've never had a squad off the bench this good.
    Fair enough, but I'm still not convinced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where on the TFC site can we see the game stats, line ups , subs, etc..

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Amazing people complain about us being shit when we managed a point on the road with a line up that looks like we're ready to play a shitty mid season friendly against some EPL team. The way we've played with everyone out has given me more hope going forward than I can ever remember with this team. We've never had a supporting cast that could do anything good and now we have one that can at least scrap for a point. We get everyone back 100% and hopefully get a new face or two and we should look good come fall.
    I admit I am guilty of extremes of hyperbole at times, especially during the period after we give up goals

Overall, I am satisfied with our B squad's game last night.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan is what we used to call a goal scrounger in the days before off side.
    He is good at what he does. He actually scores u know.Don't ask him to be a defender or it won't work for him

Mo is a hard working player who does Jordan's running around for him :@)

A tie was a good point IMO, just look who is absent from the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good result considering the squad that we had. Hamilton is the typical scoring machine, just pass him the ball close to the goal and he will get it done.
    Curious to see what will happen with him when Jozy comes back healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think too many people are complaining. I thought we were terrible all game - compared to first Montreal Cup game with a similar line up - but notwithstanding that, in fact maybe even because of it, very pleased with the point. We were terrible though, except for Hamilton's strike, Moor, Cheyrou, Chapman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw the line up before the game I would of settled for a point and that's what TFC 2 got last night. Decent point with so many players injured/rested.
    If we had been playing a better team we would of been down by 2 or 3 at ht but Columbus are really poor. I thought we did better after we moved to 4-3-3
    Hamilton continues to show he belongs in this league and can only get better. Chapman did well when he came on as well.

All this team have to do is keep picking up points until the regulars return

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I don't think too many people are complaining. I thought we were terrible all game - compared to first Montreal Cup game with a similar line up
    True but that was a home fixture in better weather conditions. Also it was against the Impact and they have no heart.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ultra & proud View Post
    true but that was a home fixture in better weather conditions. Also it was against the impact and they have no heart.
    lmao :d
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but that was a home fixture in better weather conditions. Also it was against the Impact and they have no heart.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    This is mostly a TFC B squad. We've never had a squad off the bench this good.

Agreed. Our bench has never been this good and well organized.

Solid point on the road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cdnorman View Post
    You're right about Oso. The other game they announced and celebrated his 100th game for the club and it really got me thinking about how he needs to step up. I've often thought about him being the 'academy grad' and young player, but he's now mature enough as a pro that either he starts performing or needs to get out of the lineup. He makes too many 'young' errors and mistakes and maybe its just he needs a confidence boost, because he was on track to do good things last year. I don't know, but he's got to improve.
    This must be the first game I have missed on TV since 2007. So at this point I have only watched the MLS highlights which did show 2 attacking plays from Osorio. I didn't think either were really poor attempts. Of course the first should have been on frame but it was a near miss under pressure. The second looked like another decent attempt on goal which the goalie saved. I didn't think either were sitters. Hamiltons goal was well taken on a defensive breakdown exploited by Chapman. I know Osorio has been struggling to score but didn't think these goal attempts were examples of a player who is in danger of losing starting opportunities.

I do not have the context of full game film so I recognize the rest of his game may have been awful but after watching a few replays I didn't think the failed attacks were by a player who should be taken from the lineup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What bugs me about Oso attempts at finishing is that he's always trying a fancy side foot thing with no power... I don't think I've ever seen him put his laces through a ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long stretches of the game were frustrating for sure. RE some of the comments about Hamilton above: I didn't see anyone mention that he was (once again) involved in the build-up to his own goal. Watch the replay. Jordan received the ball under pressure, laid back to Osorio who quickly dished off to Cheyrou - smart move by Osorio. Cheyrou and Chapman then put in great passes to setup the goal -- and Hamilton with great runs off the ball in between, to open up Columbus and get in a good position for scoring.

After watching the replay again, the Columbus goal was onside or close enough. Mark Bloom screwed that one up.

What worried me a bit: the team often doesn't seem to follow Vanney's instructions. During halftime, he was interviewed, and he was seeing many of the problems we all saw in the first half. And then they started the 2nd half with most of the same problems! It took some time & a formation change to wake them up. That's a problem.

All around a great point though. Not only due to the mostly B squad and short bench. Consider that at that extreme heat & humidy, two of the three TFCsubs were forced and couldn't be made strategically. For TFC to eke out a point, and have about the same number of serious chances on net as the Crew, are significant achievements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    After watching the replay again, the Columbus goal was onside or close enough. Mark Bloom screwed that one up.
    Speaking of which, he was subbed off right after that - what was wrong with him, heat stroke? I was wondering if he had thrown up on the pitch or something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Speaking of which, he was subbed off right after that - what was wrong with him, heat stroke? I was wondering if he had thrown up on the pitch or something.
    I thought he hurt his leg or foot or something.