Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

half the people in my section came @20min and left @75min ... only a hour of futbol. why even come? is there something else happening tonite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we could play 900 minutes tonite and CHI will never score

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy shit almost on last shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    we could play 900 minutes tonite and CHI will never score
    But we would score 1 more every 180 minutes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad game for TFC's B squad.

Maybe I expect too much now, but the game just wasn't satisfying.

Giovinco with a great assist, but opposing teams are crowding and closing him down pretty regularly and consistently on his attack.

There should be tons of room for the other forwards but no one is finding it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game was super entertaining, wish more people passed to Hamilton, he was showing better finishing skills than Giovinco this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Game was super entertaining, wish more people passed to Hamilton, he was showing better finishing skills than Giovinco this game.
    He held back the defender to leave room and a clear shot on goal. Great insight by JH

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That shot down low that Hamilton took. That was Larinesque in its quickness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Not a bad game for TFC's B squad.

Maybe I expect too much now, but the game just wasn't satisfying.

Giovinco with a great assist, but opposing teams are crowding and closing him down pretty regularly and consistently on his attack.

There should be tons of room for the other forwards but no one is finding it.
    Our B squad dominated the entire match, and our ball movement was fluid. Our inability to finish has been a constant though, even with our starters. I hope that when (if) this team is finally able to field it's best starting eleven, the offensive production will resemble last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He's been really impressive in his first stint at this level. I wasn't expecting him to have such technical ability, especially in close. He has already shown that he can be effective against MLS defenders. Four goals in his first 6 games for our club. Not too shabby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larin's quick release is really something. Definitely one of a kind for this league.

Glad Hamilton continues to do well. Lot of intangibles around his game.

Win is a win, I'll take it. For the kids benefit would have been nice to smash them by an extra goal or two to build confidence but this will more than do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the weakest team in MLS... haven't won away in 30+ games. That was far from a convincing performance. Endoh might be the weakest player we have had in the centre of mid-field since Bekker. Clean sheet was positive. Getting the three points was positive. Can't believe that we aren't strengthening the team during this transfer window. Great planning by the front office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba had a hulkamania moment there. Unfortunately he was unable to run wild on the Chicago defence

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    .... Endoh might be the weakest player we have had in the centre of mid-field since Bekker.

Did not see that at all.

Endoh is the one midfielder who will take the ball centrally turn and drive towards space. Defenders back up from him. I saw this happen at least 5 times tonight and every time it happens, we get an opportunity to attack their line. He goes forward and that's something we don't see from anybody else centrally outside of the forwards.

Delgado won't do it, while Osorio is looking for the quick one each time. Chapman can't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    half the people in my section came @20min and left @75min ... only a hour of futbol. why even come? is there something else happening tonite?
    This!!! There're people that wants to come support the team for 90', but couldn't get tickets, then there're these people that takes it for granted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did not see that at all.

Endoh is the one midfielder who will take the ball centrally turn and drive towards space. Defenders back up from him. I saw this happen at least 5 times tonight and every time it happens, we get an opportunity to attack their line. He goes forward and that's something we don't see from anybody else centrally outside of the forwards.

Delgado won't do it, while Osorio is looking for the quick one each time. Chapman can't do it.
    Fully agree - I also like the way that Endoh sees the field laterally... last night when the Chicago set-up allowed for runs with the ball across the field - Endoh would do it with good speed and probing intent. Delgado is a frustrating puzzle for me - on the ball he does not drive forward, when he has the chance to take to the wing he does not do it. Beitashour's overlap would be a dangerous thing if Delgado was working the defenders..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't get to watch the game (overseas with limited wifi).. But Am I the only one who thinks that through ball to morrow was actually intended for Hamilton but that Seba over hit it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Didn't get to watch the game (overseas with limited wifi).. But Am I the only one who thinks that through ball to morrow was actually intended for Hamilton but that Seba over hit it
    You are correct

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be so quick to judge who arrive late or leave early...you don't know what's going on (sick family, kids, work, long commute)...they may have moved mountains just to be there when they could...wat matters is if they bring their hearts and support for the boys. ...of of course there will always be tourists and idiots. Just embrace them and let others passion will infect them and maybe they'll change.
    Last edited by Ponderosa; 07-10-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: wrong message

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton could easily have gotten that ball as well, so I wouldn't call it "overhit." Hamilton smartly saw Morrow coming in at a better angle, slowed his run, therefore also blocking the Chicago defender and giving Morrow even more time. On a true "that's so TFC" day they would have run into each other and flubbed the chance.

I like the way Hamilton started that play, then headed straight for goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one player I will criticise is Osorio with his finishing.

He has the ball at the top of the box from Seba and takes two touches. It gave their defence enough time to block him.

Osorio gets into great areas but he always takes that second touch before he strikes and its why he doesn't score as much as he should. I remember his goal earlier this season in the Cup against Montreal the commentators noted the Impact gave him way too much time because he had 2 touches before he shot.

If he doesn't fix this, all the hard work getting into the area isn't good enough. He's 24 - he's got this season and next to fix that scoring touch or he's peaked. I like his energy, I love how he connects to the fans. I like his one touch passing when he doesn't think. All this - and he needs work mentally on trusting himself. His first instinct is actually pretty good most of the time. But somebody somewhere got into his head he needs to settle things first before he shoots or passes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio is a passing expert and good on the ball, he just needs to work on finishing to be a better player.
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 07-10-2016 at 10:01 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with OGD! Osorio's hesitation is so maddening at times. He's a fairly slow runner; also being a slow thinker kills him. (That's the difference with Cheyrou for example.) There's at least one bad example of Osorio's hesitation to be seen in the highlights. I think he hesitates not just before shooting; also before many passes in the final third. It kills many plays. He has three assists all season. (And as a result, I think he's currently not a "passing expert.")

I think Osorio's has stalled in his development, or perhaps even reversed. It's too bad. Coaching staff need to somehow get him moving forward again. But during the games, they don't have a better option at the moment.

I was not happy with Delgado. So many bad decisions, so much poor execution. Lots of turnovers, impossible passes etc. Multiple TFC players were getting frustrated with him. Delgado had some very good games, but the last few were mostly off. What I really don't understand: why did Vanney leave him on all game, when it obviously wasn't working for him. Subbing Endoh off instead was inexplicable to me.

I know that Delgado does a bit more defending than some others. But I think that Endoh, or Chapman, can do as much defending as Delgado needed to do yesterday vs. Chicago. Vanney also waited too long again with the first sub, the first one out was Endoh at 82'. TFC needed an earlier spark to add a goal and put the game away. Subbing Babouli for Hamilton at 85' also meant we didn't get any extra offensive punch, as Hamilton was our biggest goal-scoring threat yesterday.

Giovinco is truly snakebitten. Beautiful plays to set himself up, then missing some easy shots. At other times trying to shoot through a thicket of defenders. How can he get out of his slump? He hasn't scored a single freekick goal all year, which also means opposing players are less afraid to foul him than the were last year.

Overall, our mostly B team did well though -- against a truly awful Chicago side. Even when TFC screwed up, they couldn't make them pay. Although Chicago almost nicked the tie near the end, Bono had no chance on that rocket shot.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 07-10-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one player I will criticise is Osorio with his finishing.
    Agreed. Dude just doesn't take enough shots. Without looking it up, it wouldn't surprise me if Morrow has more goals for us than Osorio. That's pretty bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    Don't be so quick to judge who arrive late or leave early...you don't know what's going on (sick family, kids, work, long commute)...they may have moved mountains just to be there when they could...wat matters is if they bring their hearts and support for the boys. ...of of course there will always be tourists and idiots. Just embrace them and let others passion will infect them and maybe they'll change.
    I've never been late for a game until yesterday. I usually take the TTC and always arrive on time. Yesterday my brother wanted to drive to the game... it was hell! I missed the entire first half because of traffic! I'll never judge people for being late again now that I've seen what driving to games is like. For me, back to the bus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    THIS

I live just outside Ottawa and need to duck out early on occasion to get the GO train, hour on that then 3 hour drive home. Hate having to do it but if I don't it's an extra hour and with work and family it's a must sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with those who question why Endoh was subbed and not Delgado. We were counting and Delgado had five giveaways - terrible ones, like passes to the other team - before we stopped counting. I really think Vanney has a blind spot here.

on the other hand, I strongly disagree about Oso. His particular ability to move the ball in tight compliments Seba very well, but he needs to be played at forward point. Not wing.

plus this was Sebastian best game for a long time. He was using all of his team mates and not discriminating, only passing to the proven talents ( most of them are hurt). And in doing so, he ended up with more chances than normal. Plus he looked like he was really involved in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't make the match, but heard that every seat in the stadium was wet upon arrival, including the East stand. Is that true? I hope not
    Last edited by PAOK17; 07-10-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I couldn't make the match, but heard that every seat in the stadium was wet upon arrival, including the East stand. Is that true? I hope not
    Seats in the south were wet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Doubt it. Mine weren't.