Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. GlennM ribs are the bomb.

2. I had a bad feeling that once TFC couldn't get the 2nd goal, the typical TFC jinx happens and Chicago gets a late equalizer, but that didn't happen. Gotta put away these weak teams early. Chicago let TFC pretty much do anything on attack and should have taken advantage of that.

3. Holy moly... Giovinco just can't buy a goal. Absolutely cursed at the moment. He played like this in a game last season and he nets a brace or a hat trick. This season, yikes.

4. Justin Morrow scores often ish for a fullback. Both Beitashour and Morrow make better wingbacks than fullbacks IMO.

5. Endoh has good potential. Should have had a goal except for bad luck
    Last edited by Yohan; 07-10-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    I couldn't make the match, but heard that every seat in the stadium was wet upon arrival, including the East stand. Is that true? I hope not
    Really? This is unacceptable!!! Maybe someone should write a stern letter to the people who control the weather at BMO :@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the stadium was wet, really not sure why people are surprised by this.

We don't have a covered stadium we have a stadium that has a canopy that provides some cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't make the match, but heard that every seat in the stadium was wet upon arrival, including the East stand. Is that true? I hope not
    Nope. Mine and those around me in the east were dry.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One guy on twitter who sits in the north part of the West side tweeted out a picture suggesting it was all seats. As the rain was coming from the North, that's bound to happen where he was.

By no means all...mine was dry. As others have suggested, its not a dome. Rain is going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple, take your cupped palm and wipe it off your seat. Then sit. Bunch of pansies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at a cottage and missed the game - couldn't even see it on TV. Seba had 13 shots?! Were these all good chances, or is he being told to just shoot from anywhere? Worries me if that's what our offense has become.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Nope. Mine and those around me in the east were dry.
    At the 27th row of the East stand, north east corner, all the seats were wet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I was at a cottage and missed the game - couldn't even see it on TV. Seba had 13 shots?! Were these all good chances, or is he being told to just shoot from anywhere? Worries me if that's what our offense has become.
    He did a free kick off the post and had a pretty good chance that he fired just wide in the second half. He played a lot better and was passing more than other times this season. Also Hamilton and Endoh both got robbed of glorious chances too. The scoreline really flatters Chicago in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    At the 27th row of the East stand, north east corner, all the seats were wet.
    Strange. I'm in the 25th row in 111. They were all bone dry when I arrived 40ish mins before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Simple, take your cupped palm and wipe it off your seat. Then sit. Bunch of pansies.
    Cleaning off the seat with your hand or serviettes from the concession stands isn't a big problem.
    We recall years ago, at the beginning of a match after it rained, BMO Field staff actually had towels to wipe the seats for us.
    So now with a canopy/overhang, there was some expectation our seating area would actually be protected from the rain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Strange. I'm in the 25th row in 111. They were all bone dry when I arrived 40ish mins before the game.
    Can't say why. Maybe because the north end is more open? I'm sure it depends on wind/direction etc ... for the most part we've been good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Agree with those who question why Endoh was subbed and not Delgado. We were counting and Delgado had five giveaways - terrible ones, like passes to the other team - before we stopped counting. I really think Vanney has a blind spot here.

on the other hand, I strongly disagree about Oso. His particular ability to move the ball in tight compliments Seba very well, but he needs to be played at forward point. Not wing.

plus this was Sebastian best game for a long time. He was using all of his team mates and not discriminating, only passing to the proven talents ( most of them are hurt). And in doing so, he ended up with more chances than normal. Plus he looked like he was really involved in the game.
    I think it's to be expected Vanney might have 'his guys' who he'll give more of a chance ie Delgado. I'm not too aggrieved he wasn't subbed out instead of Endoh, as I thought it made more sense position-wise for Endoh-Chapman.

I'm with you re Oso. Re Auzzy comment on his development, Oso is at a point where simply the next stage for him comes with minutes/experience. He has a good skillset, and we've seen he can score nice goals, he just needs to continue to log match minutes - it might be frustrating at times but it will pay off. Cheyrou isn't who he is simply from growing up in Paris/Lille - he's played 30+ games a season since he was 21.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I thought he made good decisions for most of the game. He did lose possession couple of times trying to go 1v1 or 1v2, but Fire defenders are either junk or inexperienced. Most of his shots were high quality shots and he should have potted at least a goal or 2. Got his teammates more involved as well with his passing.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its that constant second touch by Oso that he needs to get past. I like how he gets to spots and I love what happens when he doesn't think. But his need for two touches then a shot is killing his progress.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago missed Gilberto.

Had to say it.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-11-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Its that constant second touch by Oso that he needs to get past. I like how he gets to spots and I love what happens when he doesn't think. But his need for two touches then a shot is killing his progress.
    Don't disagree. I'd rather him either attempt to strike on the first touch or just take one touch and miss than continue to get nothing out of always trying to settle a perfect ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I've never been late for a game until yesterday. I usually take the TTC and always arrive on time. Yesterday my brother wanted to drive to the game... it was hell! I missed the entire first half because of traffic.
    The Keith Urban concert and the WWE event at Ricoh played havoc with GO trains also. The 6:43 departure from Union arrived full of fully refreshed teens and millenials all heading to the Ex, so everyone was standing.

The train didn't arrive until 6:58 and took 10 minutes to cram on, and then it took forever to get through the tunnel. Once we got in, my son and I ran up the stairs, hit the pits, and he grabbed some food while I went to grab my beer, and we missed the first minute of play.

This was after being at Union 47 minutes before official kickoff, with a supposed 5 minute train ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    The Keith Urban concert and the WWE event at Ricoh played havoc with GO trains also. The 6:43 departure from Union arrived full of fully refreshed teens and millenials all heading to the Ex, so everyone was standing.

The train didn't arrive until 6:58 and took 10 minutes to cram on, and then it took forever to get through the tunnel. Once we got in, my son and I ran up the stairs, hit the pits, and he grabbed some food while I went to grab my beer, and we missed the first minute of play.

This was after being at Union 47 minutes before official kickoff, with a supposed 5 minute train ride.
    in a more organized place, there would be extra trains. Will only happen if people speak up. Why don't you write to the GO Board? They could have put extra trains on. Absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a more organized place, there would be extra trains. Will only happen if people speak up. Why don't you write to the GO Board? They could have put extra trains on. Absurd.
    I was on the 6:13 train out of Union. Didn't seem to have the same problems that seem to have happened on the 6:43 train, many empty seats. I guess that's what happens when everyone waits until the last minute to get to the venues!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You are correct
    Neither of you are correct. It wasn't over hit. Hamilton backed off when he saw Morrow running on to it with a better angle on goal than he had. He also shielded the defender so Morrow could shoot unimpeded. If Morrow hadn't been there, Hamilton would have taken the ball and had a shot himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally the 6:43 is plenty early to get to the game, but they had also just started the work on LSE that has cut down the frequency of eastern trains to hourly. (The 6:13 was probably starting at Union, so spe18 should have had an empty train) So the train was packed not just because of the event, but because of the lack of service out east.

GO does have extra trains departing after the game (going west), but I don't think there's a need for an extra going east afterwards.

I'm guessing they were caught off guard by the confluence of 3 events at the Ex with similar start times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Neither of you are correct. It wasn't over hit. Hamilton backed off when he saw Morrow running on to it with a better angle on goal than he had. He also shielded the defender so Morrow could shoot unimpeded. If Morrow hadn't been there, Hamilton would have taken the ball and had a shot himself.
    I really wanna know what happened in Portugal with JHams, possibly culture shock but if he was able to fill Jozy's shoes here, he should have been able join the team in Portugal and eat some pao com churico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    I really wanna know what happened in Portugal with JHams, possibly culture shock but if he was able to fill Jozy's shoes here, he should have been able join the team in Portugal and eat some pao com churico
    Would be an interesting story... was scoring with Wilmington to the point where USL seamed too low of a league for him, went to Portugal and couldn't really crack the squad, came back and couldn't find a footing with TFC 2 to the point where a number wanted him released and only got a shot this year because of a cap crunch and injuries.

I'm sure the conversation will move to "is a non DP Jham's a better than Altidore" once he comes back and doesnt score in his first game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally the 6:43 is plenty early to get to the game, but they had also just started the work on LSE that has cut down the frequency of eastern trains to hourly. (The 6:13 was probably starting at Union, so spe18 should have had an empty train) So the train was packed not just because of the event, but because of the lack of service out east.

GO does have extra trains departing after the game (going west), but I don't think there's a need for an extra going east afterwards.

I'm guessing they were caught off guard by the confluence of 3 events at the Ex with similar start times.
    Oh ya, I totally forgot about LSE trains down to every hour this past weekend. And yet I myself come in from the east end.....I was on the LSE line, and stopped by downtown first before going to Exhibition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    With Altidore back in training today and assuming he is fit for Saturday I would love to see Greg go with something like this
    Bono
    Beithashour Moor Zavaleta Morrow
    Cheyrou Osorio Chapman
    Giovinco
    Altidore Hamilton

Personally I think Zavaleta, Chapman and Hamilton deserve starts even though they aren't regulars. They have been solid when given their chance

Thoughts Reds??
    Your PM's are full.