Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 17 - You Dance and Shake the Hurt - Fire @ TFC Sat July 9 7:30pm

A good old Chicago Band

Don't care how many people are out. In this game, 3 points is the only acceptable result.

Have At It People

Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-09-2016 at 01:49 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Gilberto for this one.

I think we got this, too.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Seba can get the monkey off his back in this match, and pop a few goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Chicago signing Michael de Leeuw will be available for this match, would be his first MLS appearance. Attacking midfielder from Groningen in the Eredevisie, 9 goals in 30 appearances for them this year, 17 goals in 28 appearances a year ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to start calling games "must wins" this early in the season, but we could really use some points in the bank. What worries me is Chicago knows they aren't going anywhere this year so the pressure is off. That can be a deadly combination. Just ask San Jose or Philadelphia. Hopefully Seba gets his groove back and he and Hamilton start clicking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injury update via Molinaro- might be a video later tody of the questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Altidore back in training today and assuming he is fit for Saturday I would love to see Greg go with something like this
    Bono
    Beithashour Moor Zavaleta Morrow
    Cheyrou Osorio Chapman
    Giovinco
    Altidore Hamilton

Personally I think Zavaleta, Chapman and Hamilton deserve starts even though they aren't regulars. They have been solid when given their chance

Thoughts Reds??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    With Altidore back in training today and assuming he is fit for Saturday I would love to see Greg go with something like this
    Bono
    Beithashour Moor Zavaleta Morrow
    Cheyrou Osorio Chapman
    Giovinco
    Altidore Hamilton

Personally I think Zavaleta, Chapman and Hamilton deserve starts even though they aren't regulars. They have been solid when given their chance

Thoughts Reds??
    Doubt jozy would be ready to start but probably will get a 15min run out replacing hamilton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy is fit I'd love to see a diamond with Seba behind Jozy and Jhams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want perquis and moor out there

thats our best pairing, Zavelta is depth in 2016.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would keep Chapman to see if he can build on last week, drop Osorio for someone who covers more ground.

I don't know if I'd start Altidore. Get him off the bench at 60 - let Hamilton keep going for the time being. Would be interesting if they could play together... but odds are against it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-----Hamilton----Babouli----
    ------------Seba----------
    ----Oso------------Delgado--
    -----------Cheyrou----------
    -JM----Perquis---Moor---Beit-
    ------------Bono----------------

Subs: Jozy, Chapman, Bloom, Hagglund,Roberts, Endo

I'm not sure if Endo works better out wide and Degado should slide in, but I think thats the strongest we can do.

I also can see Williams fitting in the back 4 since his RC suspension is served.
    Last edited by GhostKiller; 07-05-2016 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Seba on the left with Hamilton central and Oso behind them is our best formation offensively at the moment. Endoh for me is better wide but is a defensive risk, so on the right and Delgado on the left.

that leaves Chapman out, which isn't fair, but not sure where to slot him in.

not sure where all the negativity towards Oso is coming from. He created both goals versus Orlando.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 07-05-2016 at 03:57 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    --------------Seba----------
    ----Oso----Endo---Delgado--

Subs: Jozy, Chapman, Bloom, Hagglund,Roberts

I'm not sure if Endo works better out wide and Degado should slide in, but I think thats the strongest we can do.

I also can see Williams fitting in the back 4 since his RC suspension is served.
    I'm sure TFC would love to play with 12 vs 11
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha missed that one. I was wondering why that looked so solid.

If TFC want to play Jham as a #9 then we would probably see something like

-------------------Jham---
    ------seba----------------
    --Oso---babouli-----delgado
    -----------cheyrou----------
    -JM---Perq----moor--Beit-
    -----------bono--------
    Last edited by GhostKiller; 07-05-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    ------------Seba----------
    ----Oso------------Delgado--

Subs: Jozy, Chapman, Bloom, Hagglund,Roberts, Endo

I'd swap Oso for Endoh, given Seba is in midfield gonna take a lot more running to do the defensive work necessary

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago has one offensive weapon - Accam coming in at speed with the ball from the left Everything else is hit and hope. I'd like to see Bloom over there on the right midfield. Otherwise Beitashour is going to be nailed to the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed

plus Osario needs some bench time to contemplate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Chicago has one offensive weapon - Accam coming in at speed with the ball from the left Everything else is hit and hope.
    John Goossens has been showing he can be an offensive threat and also Michael de Leeuw might get his first start in this game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC twitter saying less then 1000 seats left.

Surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Really impressed with attendance this year. I thought the new capacity would be too much to take on but they've been on-point.

Safe to saw Seba has been a big part of that? At this trajectory a 40k SSS down the road (a decade away, but still) wouldn't be completely crazy.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-06-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they have been benefiting from Euro Cup and Copa America attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    ^ Really impressed with attendance this year. I thought the new capacity would be too much to take on but they've been on-point.

Safe to saw Seba has been a big part of that? At this trajectory a 40k SSS down the road (a decade away, but still) wouldn't be completely crazy.
    I'd say less than a decade away. 35,000 in 3 years and 40,000 within 6. Theyll probably start planning the next seat addition next season when we average 30,000/game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Seba a part of it for sure but more importantly I think is that we made the playoffs last year and even though we're in a rough patch, we will be a playoff team this year. That's all that's really needed in this town to get people to come out. The town likes winners. The good weather lately hasn't hurt and I think the lid brings out more people during rain threats because they can beat some of the elements.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty impressed by the attendance and when they announce the attendance it looks pretty accurate give or take, I thought 30 000 was too big and did not think they would have filled most of it like they have been doing so far. Last year they had so many games where the stadium was never even close to full, the upper deck on the east side was always so empty, and remember we had Seba last year too and it was his first year. I'm thinking the new renovations with the canopies has also increased the attendance people are also coming to check it out see what it looks like or maybe it's just the fact that TFC is becoming more relevant in Toronto and I also think MLS is becoming a little more popular also. It's still pretty fascinating considering TFC does not really get that much attention in the mainstream media TFC is definitely 5th in the mainstream media attention , the Argos are still in front in fourth and I would say receive a lot more coverage than TFC, with all this in mind the attendance is even more impressive considering all that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I'm pretty impressed by the attendance and when they announce the attendance it looks pretty accurate give or take, I thought 30 000 was too big and did not think they would have filled most of it like they have been doing so far. Last year they had so many games where the stadium was never even close to full, the upper deck on the east side was always so empty, and remember we had Seba last year too and it was his first year. I'm thinking the new renovations with the canopies has also increased the attendance people are also coming to check it out see what it looks like or maybe it's just the fact that TFC is becoming more relevant in Toronto and I also think MLS is becoming a little more popular also. It's still pretty fascinating considering TFC does not really get that much attention in the mainstream media TFC is definitely 5th in the mainstream media attention , the Argos are still in front in fourth and I would say receive a lot more coverage than TFC, with all this in mind the attendance is even more impressive considering all that.
    TFC get some good mentions on CP24 a lot of the time and that's probably the most overall watched channel in the city when you think about it. Even the morning show on there mentions the team when home games are coming up and they've had players in a few times this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    The canopies absolutely helped to increase overall attendance. It's a much better game experience, and that will keep people coming. The people who were against the idea of a roof hopefully feel different now. Atmosphere is much better!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    The canopies absolutely helped to increase overall attendance. It's a much better game experience, and that will keep people coming. The people who were against the idea of a roof hopefully feel different now. Atmosphere is much better!
    People were against a roof?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    People were against a roof?
    There were a few on here. Some because of the cost of getting the Argos in and some because the stadium doesn't feel like it used to anymore. It's not "our cute, little stadium" like it used to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People said they would take the old stadium without the Argos... nobody ever said bad roof go away.