Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Veering wildly off topic: I will never be able to warp my head around the idea that anyone can go mental for a club but not country.

Veering somewhat off topic: if Canada makes a World Cup, TFC will benefit. If TFC wins an MLS cup, I doubt it moves the needle nearly as much.

Veering back on topic: as much as it pisses me off Bradley got dinged in a nothing game with the States, we understood his role when we got him. International football and major competitions specifically matter more.
    Some people just don't value International football it's pretty common.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Veering wildly off topic: I will never be able to warp my head around the idea that anyone can go mental for a club but not country.

Veering somewhat off topic: if Canada makes a World Cup, TFC will benefit. If TFC wins an MLS cup, I doubt it moves the needle nearly as much.

Veering back on topic: as much as it pisses me off Bradley got dinged in a nothing game with the States, we understood his role when we got him. International football and major competitions specifically matter more.
    I agree with this, the best way for the game to grow in this country is for the mens side to have some international success.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Cup Qualifier vs Regular season game for possible pussplops one year.

I don't think he'll have to choose between them anyway.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Some people just don't value International football it's pretty common.
    Or specifically, their own representation in international football.

Euro talk is pretty common right now.

I get the urgency here for his return but the scope is just nowhere near the same.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Or specifically, their own representation in international football.

Euro talk is pretty common right now.

I get the urgency here for his return but the scope is just nowhere near the same.
    Agreed.

The talk is one thing. It's topical and people will watch it but ask most they would take there club team in the Champions League final over a semi-final of a Euro ect. Easier for people to be overly passionate over a team they see week in and week out every year over a national team that only plays 4-5 times a year if your lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't even play during international breaks, MLS gives teams the option to not play.

The issues arrive for summer tournaments, which 2 of our DP's will be in every summer of their contract. We can and have debated if it is worth it to have DP's that miss time every year but for our canadian boys they miss for Gold Cup and thats about it. Should be no real debate if any of them are healthy that they should miss national team game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Looking at things though, the post season looks in jeopardy. Strangely enough, people will blame Vanney for not doing better with "3 DPs," although we've barely seen any games with all 3.
    He has to learn to grind point without them, if we are serious about making the playoffs.