Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smtavare View Post
    I watched him at the game all night, he was no Cheyrou or Bradley, who are you fuckin kidding

Midfield could not hold the ball all second half, no service, what a difference when Cheyrou and Osario came in

You want to see the kids play Go see TFCII in Vaughan
    Cheyrou yes by all means, Osorio not at all, he seems to be a step behind, bad sub, should have been Babouli, attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Something is off with Giovinco. If he played like he usually does, we win tonight's game with ease.

There is too much pressure on him. People expect him to do everything. TFC is Seba and 10 other guys. Instead of 11 guys playing as a team. We also lost many of the offensive pieces we had last year meaning he and Altidore are't getting the service.

In the off season we needed a right back and a centre back. We got those but we also brought in midfielder because we needed that like 10 nipples on your foot. Got rid of 4 offensive players and brought no experienced offensive players in...

We stopped playing attacking football where we had the top offense in the league but were missing a few pieces to shore of the defence. So instead we got rid of the whole defence and brought up what was needed to shore up the defence.. but now can't score regularly enough to be a major threat. Because of that the Offense has been put on Gio's shoulders. It is a little too much to ask of him. And he is just a tiny bit off which is just killing him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba is going through what Defoe went through.

Seba is a better person than Defoe is, but like him, he is wasting prime time in his career here.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    There is too much pressure on him. People expect him to do everything. TFC is Seba and 10 other guys. Instead of 11 guys playing as a team. We also lost many of the offensive pieces we had last year meaning he and Altidore are't getting the service.

In the off season we needed a right back and a centre back. We got those but we also brought in midfielder because we needed that like 10 nipples on your foot. Got rid of 4 offensive players and brought no experienced offensive players in...

We stopped playing attacking football where we had the top offense in the league but were missing a few pieces to shore of the defence. So instead we got rid of the whole defence and brought up what was needed to shore up the defence.. but now can't score regularly enough to be a major threat. Because of that the Offense has been put on Gio's shoulders. It is a little too much to ask of him. And he is just a tiny bit off which is just killing him.
    Because this is how it should have been done in the first place. Vanney is basically a year behind. Last year was wasted just sticking to the run and gun style he wanted after Nelson. If had of worked on a solid defensive base and added offensive pieces this year we'd be ahead of the curve. As it stands this window will make or break our season. For me, I'd rather have this than what we had last year. This is already more sustainable and gives a better chance of winning through adversity but I'd rather have had it last season than now. As it stands, I see us as a lower end playoff team and this style will be more practical in the playoffs than what we had last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hamilton starts at first while Altidore gets his fitness up. Then we use Hamilton as an impact sub. Hamilton last night was excellent but Altidore attracts more defenders and passes sharper and better.
    I rather somehow work both players into a starting 11, you don't drop Hamilton when he is the only player right now who is scoring goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The symptoms are all coming from a constant source, a salary cap system designed to force a team to sacrifice one area to shore another.

Until MLS starts to loosen regulations, we will always have to deal with a weakness in one area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I rather somehow work both players into a starting 11, you don't drop Hamilton when he is the only player right now who is scoring goals.
    I would like to see Giovinco possibly dropped back to the AM position in a 4-2-3-1 with Hamilton up top for now. Once Altidore returns it would be nice to see the kids get more starts while resting most of the regular starters. Maybe a 4-4-2 with Hamilton and Babouli up front. I don't think we need to seriously drop our DPs but it would be great to take on some of the characteristics of teams like Dallas. Make the academy truly worth it. We might have handily won the game last night if Giovinco had been sat for it. I hate to say that because I love the guy, but it's not an insult to him to rest him and give a kid a little bit of time, not just 5 mins at the end of a game. Funny enough the young guys seem to be the ones really stepping up lately!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seba is going through what Defoe went through.

Seba is a better person than Defoe is, but like him, he is wasting prime time in his career here.
    Time will tell but if he's upset he has every right to be...he's committed himself fully to this team and what Bez gives him in return is surrounding him with scrubs, children and overpaid USMNT committers.
    He needed an AM/winger type in the off season after Bez unloaded pretty much our entire offence and what did he get? Johnson...not what the team needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Time will tell but if he's upset he has every right to be...he's committed himself fully to this team and what Bez gives him in return is surrounding him with scrubs, children and overpaid USMNT committers.
    He needed an AM/winger type in the off season after Bez unloaded pretty much our entire offence and what did he get? Johnson...not what the team needed.
    THIS!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing the Iceland BOOM was fun !! :@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say this because it sounds like its a downer statement, and I don't mean for it to be that, but I think our results on the field speak for themselves when it comes to the kids. Yes they look good on occasion, sometimes even more than occasionally, and surprise with some nice passes, and chip in a goal here and there, but if you look at our record we are losing points almost every game.

Im not shocked at all that since we have been going to Zavaletta, Hagglund, and others such as Chapman/Babouli because of injuries that we are losing. We did this already with some of these guys in past years, and we lost then too. Hamiltons done ok, but he is still not Altidore.

When Seba was surrounded with players a bit closer to him in terms of reading plays, skill and technical ability, such as Bradley/Altidore and even Perquis at central D, we were a very good team. Due to injuries and having to play the kids, we are winning points at a completely predictable, and expected pace. We are a below average team, and would be even worse without Seba. The results speak for themselves. The kids aren't good enough, as much as we like them and want them to succeed.

We need a good signing in the attacking department, a real quality player to play with Seba. Not sure the cap will allow us too, but we will have a tough time getting to the playoffs the way we are now if we don't. The injuries have been unfortunate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep reading comments about "kids" "scrubs" blah, blah, blah....you guys do realise half the team is injured?!??!?! Plus, as others mentioned, five games in 15 days.
    Take the point from this one. Take three from Chicago, that one is as close to a must win as it gets at this point in the season, and start to get some guys healthy again.
    As for Seba...yeah, Defoe syndrome is setting in. Hope he shakes it. Not too impressed that he seems to be the first guy leaving the pitch after the last few matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was posted to reddit, looks like Frings was in attendance for this game.

https://i.imgur.com/EpZlJ3u.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    This was posted to reddit, looks like Frings was in attendance for this game.

https://i.imgur.com/EpZlJ3u.jpg
    Yeah he did a wave on the big screen during the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The young players are doing ok but the problem the team faces is we're going to have to rely on them until the end of August with so many of the injuries being long term.

These kids would be fine if it was just one or 2 of them in the team and the others coming off the bench but having to lean so heavily on them for so long, we could be out of the play-off hunt by the time we get back to full strength.
    Saturday was the perfect example that there are not enough goals in the team at present, we have no depth. If our full starting 11 was on the field on Saturday we beat Seattle 3 or 4-1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty74 View Post
    The young players are doing ok but the problem the team faces is we're going to have to rely on them until the end of August with so many of the injuries being long term.

These kids would be fine if it was just one or 2 of them in the team and the others coming off the bench but having to lean so heavily on them for so long, we could be out of the play-off hunt by the time we get back to full strength.
    Saturday was the perfect example that there are not enough goals in the team at present, we have no depth. If our full starting 11 was on the field on Saturday we beat Seattle 3 or 4-1.
    Bigger picture is that if the kids can keep playing decent and have us us hanging around the playoffs for another 5 weeks when our regular starters will return, then we will be in a good position for a late season push and the experience they will gain will be very valuable going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Bigger picture is that if the kids can keep playing decent and have us us hanging around the playoffs for another 5 weeks when our regular starters will return, then we will be in a good position for a late season push and the experience they will gain will be very valuable going forward.
    Yeah, I'd agree with you on that, if we can hang around the play-off picture that when the regulars return we should be in a good position to make a late push and the kids will have had some good playing experience.

My concern right now is that we haven't taken advantage of our home heavy schedule so far, it's crucial we start beating teams like Seattle at home, we've only won 2 of our 6 home games

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OUCH! that's nuts

buh duh CHING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's funny. Haha