Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are absolutely screwed with all these BS injuries, if we don't get a result tomorrow and win the cup, this season will be an incredible failure.

We're already under .500 as it is halfway through the season and it looks like it will just keep getting worse. Everyone is worried saying "oh maybe we still can make the playoffs despite the injuries", we shouldn't even be debating this. How the heck are we not a top 3 team in this league? Limping into the playoffs again is an incredible disappointment. Why aren't we contending for the top of the league. Imagine a mid table team that didn't even win the Voyageurs Cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    we are absolutely screwed with all these BS injuries, if we don't get a result tomorrow and win the cup, this season will be an incredible failure.

We're already under .500 as it is halfway through the season and it looks like it will just keep getting worse. Everyone is worried saying "oh maybe we still can make the playoffs despite the injuries", we shouldn't even be debating this. How the heck are we not a top 3 team in this league? Limping into the playoffs again is an incredible disappointment. Why aren't we contending for the top of the league. Imagine a mid table team that didn't even win the Voyageurs Cup?
    I would hope that 1 of the 3 Canadian teams in MLS are competitive enough to finish above mid table. Agree with the rest of the argument tho

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I meant imagine Toronto finishing mid table and not winning the Voyageurs Cup ... both those combined would make for a very bad season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the thing that will irritate me the most if we lose to Van is that Van DOESNT CARE about the CCL. Last year in important games they put kids and reserves to compete. I dont even know why they're playing their first team against us if they arent going to take it seriously later. Just play your kids against us again. This is why we need to win. We take the CCL seriously and we will play first team players and try our best. Vancouver doesnt give a shit. It'll be even more hurtful if they beat us because of this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Canada Soccer provided a live stream for the cup presser in Vancouver today. The video was flipped to the side by 90 degrees.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the chances for tomorrow. Too many out injured and putting a kid into a Cup final for his first first team start is hardly the ideal position.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would much rather see Roberts get the start he has been a lot calmer for TFC2 and has some big game experience with Canada Juniors. Bono lost his mind coming in as a sub and did nothing except make mistakes. Mike Magee had a better sub-gk appearance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was extremely confident that we were bringing the cup home right up until the 70th minute Saturday. Now I can't see it happening. Vancouver is just going to push upfield and put everything on goal that they can. Perfect example is the 2nd leg vs Ottawa. If we let in a soft goal early, I think the flood gates will open. I'm hoping we can find a way to score early, and then just park the bus and ride out the 90. I just don't know if we have what it takes right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't really judge Bono off 1 mistake. He needs to play a few full 90 minute games before you can make any kind of assessment. I think he should be fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Day

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will love either of the kids starting I just think there will be way less pressure on Bono. I would prolly give Q the lions share of the 7 games after.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I will love either of the kids starting I just think there will be way less pressure on Bono. I would prolly give Q the lions share of the 7 games after.
    Big players make big plays in big games... time for Q to shine.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Q man has played in big games, he's played and scored in the U-17 World Cup, He is a Canadian who should be playing in the Canadian Championship final in my opinion. I would play him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Q man has played in big games, he's played and scored in the U-17 World Cup, He is a Canadian who should be playing in the Canadian Championship final in my opinion. I would play him
    Yup...he gets my vote too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    You can't really judge Bono off 1 mistake. He needs to play a few full 90 minute games before you can make any kind of assessment. I think he should be fine.
    He's been making the same mistakes at the USL level. Roberts should start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put Bono in net, and start Q up front instead of Babouli.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He's been making the same mistakes at the USL level. Roberts should start.
    +1 I'm thinking Q has been starting at TFCII to give him game practice while Bono sits a bit more cause he's just not as good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooner or later the 2nd GK situation was going to get sorted; seems to me at the end of the season either Bono or Roberts were going to be cut loose. They have a chance to win their job now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    +1 I'm thinking Q has been starting at TFCII to give him game practice while Bono sits a bit more cause he's just not as good.
    Bono has had the slightly better season for TFCII so far in 2016, but with the varying makeup of the roster not sure how to compare the two bodies of work.

# Name GP MIN GA SV SV% GAA
    25 Alexander Bono 8 702 12 30 .714 1.54
    40 Quillan Roberts 7 630 13 25 .658 1.86

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sit down at my desk corrected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Q was better than that but he has about the same numbers as Bendik did but at USL level. Not sure about him being anything at MLS level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Bono has had the slightly better season for TFCII so far in 2016, but with the varying makeup of the roster not sure how to compare the two bodies of work.

# Name GP MIN GA SV SV% GAA
    25 Alexander Bono 8 702 12 30 .714 1.54
    40 Quillan Roberts 7 630 13 25 .658 1.86
    stats aren't really an indicator of anything.

someone posted altidore's stats on reddit and used them to justify jozy's continued exclusion from the USMNT because of his lack of goals.
    now, as someone whose actually seen the games you'd be able to look at the stats and go "huh? the dudes a tremendous asset up front!!"

from the TFC II games i've watched bono has a lot of trouble organizing the backline with confidence which was kind've evident when you saw the first goal he ever let in for TFC. roberts seems like the better choice, but what's more worrisome is bono's nerve. in his first game he fucked. you can't base a players entire body of work after one game, especially his first game.. but this is a cup final. if he was shaky during his first game which was a regular ass road match i don't have a whole lot of confidence in his nerve during a cup final where they'll be throwing everything at us.

that being said.. i hope that he proves my ass wrong, has a standout game, creates a forum account and literally tells me to go fuck myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah crap, forgot this was a late game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Ah crap, forgot this was a late game.
    I always think these late games against Western teams seem unfair. Even though they often travel out a couple of days before the game, the jet lag is still there and the Eastern teams are not finishing the game until nearly Midnight and there bodies are likely reacting accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like this lineup... would rather Roberts starts, Hagglund over Bloom at RB is pretty damning on Bloom, and I'd rather Hamilton up top to provide some hold up play.

At the start of the year Roberts was said to have won the backup role... what did Roberts or Bono do to change that? I don't understand why management is higher on Bono at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver putting their main lineup..this does not look good T^T

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Vancouver putting their main lineup..this does not look good T^T
    Not quite. Jacobson is playing CB instead of DM.
    This because "Err'd" was eaten alive by seba in last game. Parker sides out to RB from CB. Caps also don't want to play Kah who is leading candidate for the worst player in MLS.

From the games i have watched this season, they play better when Morales plays at DM but really a deep lying play maker and the other south american ACM they have plays at ACM. They might make that switch at 60.

Looks like their leading striker Rivero is done with the club, and will be sent back to Chile. He's a good active holdup #9 but has totally lost his confidence in the goal scoring dept. Hurtado has been playing mostly USL this season IIRC.

Ousted;
    Parker, Jacobson, Waston, Harvey;
    Laba, Teibert;
    Bolaños, Morales, Manneh;
    Hurtado
    Last edited by Onyx; 06-29-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any streams? The sure I usually use as of rn dosnt have a stream up? And I don't have access to cable