Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Johnson - the guy is an inspiration. It wasn't just that he put his body on the line for that goal. He started the play deep in his own half... he ran the length of the field to put himself in the position to get that ball. He came up clutch with a technically very difficult goal. He put his heart and sole into that play to win that game. That's what I want to see from this team. Great performances from Bono - Cheroux - Haglund - Osario and a hint of a real star in the making in Raheem Edwards. The guy was a spark that lit up the game when he came on. I want to see more of this guy. We won't be a competitive team until we are producing 2-3 good young players each season. This is what the game is about - not overpaid marquis "DP" prima dona players.

Between the 85th minute ant the 93rd minute... I am thinking why the heck do I do this to myself. Come out to see these games and watch them just break our hearts. $300 to travel to see a mid-week match etc... then Will Johnson puts it on line an does that! Breaks 20,000 hearts in a single moment - that will sting for a long time. The best football I have seen watching TFC is in the CONCACAF Cl - it's what we should be focussed on & winning it is far more important than the MLS Cup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Your random fan doesn't see it, but winning the CCL against Mexican opposition would be much more of an accomplishment than winning the MLS Cup. They put in second teams in the early stages, but things get quite serious at the end. No way do they want to lose to "Yankee" opposition (which is how they view MLS).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who have followed the team since day one the dilemma becomes MLS games versus Champions league games

The away games are long mid week flights and often the club has chosen not to send the "A" team

Not only is the opposition tough but the scheduling conflicts for a team struggling to make the playoffs puts us in a no win situation
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    For those who have followed the team since day one the dilemma becomes MLS games versus Champions league games

The away games are long mid week flights and often the club has chosen not to send the "A" team

Not only is the opposition tough but the scheduling conflicts for a team struggling to make the playoffs puts us in a no win situation
    Yet Montreal nearly did the impossible, its a worthwhile competition to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is exactly the striker depth we need, sign him up. Although he hasn't played in awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post

Yeah, im hoping we make a deep MLS run this year to make up for it and get better depth for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will get the extra CCL allocation money too, which should help with depth.

Manning was at RSL when they made the final, yea? Should be a priority next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This is exactly the striker depth we need, sign him up. Although he hasn't played in awhile.
    You know, I was really remembering his big goals in CCL, but he had talent. This was a goal that didn't matter, in a meaningless game, but it was one of the quality goals in TFC history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mOd1USKpPk
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He did well for us but Johnson would be another Mista at this point. He couldn't cut it in China or NASL and hasn't had any success for a while now.

I'd rather sign Edwards to a first team contract. He looks ready to push Mo/Hamilton/Endoh for playing time.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we get Santos Laguna again, the team should do a black cat ears promotion that night.