Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm trying to remember that one shot from the centre circle....
    He tried to catch the keeper of his line a few matches back. Can't remember which match but I watched it on TV so maybe away or the Wednesday I had to work late if it was a home match.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Feels like some are making comments on this without reading the article.

Some salient points made and interesting data provided.
    IMO this Data is incomplete. It only shows one side of the story - what happens when Seba shoots. It doesn't give you an idea of anything else like where were his teammates at the time of his shots. Were there better passing options that he didn't take or was his only option to shoot?

Sure he's taken shots from outside the box that statistically show his scoring chances from there are not great - but where did those shots go? Where they on target? did the goalie have to make a save? Would making a pass to a teammate given TFC a better chance on goal?

Let's see the data on - what happens when Seba passes.

That way we can compare and get a little bit of a better picture on whether or not Seba shoots too much.

I stick to my original statement - no one else is as competent as he is shooting on goal. If he feels his only chance is to shoot - is probably because that is the best chance in that situation.

not saying he's perfect, I'm sure there are times when he should've passed but didn't - but I bet they are few and far between.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, would be nice if we saw such a graph for his shots last season.
    Ask and ye shall receive

https://twitter.com/HighPressBlog/st...78556652867585

Although from the looks of it, i'm not sure he/she filtered for open play shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    IMO this Data is incomplete. It only shows one side of the story - what happens when Seba shoots. It doesn't give you an idea of anything else like where were his teammates at the time of his shots. Were there better passing options that he didn't take or was his only option to shoot?

Sure he's taken shots from outside the box that statistically show his scoring chances from there are not great - but where did those shots go? Where they on target? did the goalie have to make a save? Would making a pass to a teammate given TFC a better chance on goal?

That way we can compare and get a little bit of a better picture on whether or not Seba shoots too much.

I stick to my original statement - no one else is as competent as he is shooting on goal. If he feels his only chance is to shoot - is probably because that is the best chance in that situation.

not saying he's perfect, I'm sure there are times when he should've passed but didn't - but I bet they are few and far between.
    It's in the article

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

He has passing options a lot of the time and when he makes that pass either Osorio takes 3 touches before firing it into a crew of defenders legs or the rest of the team passes it back to him, even if he isn't open. On the remainder of the occasions the rest of the team is moving about as much as we are in the stands watching him the about the same amount of bewilderment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco's all time stats:

30 Goals - 21 Assists in 47 Games.

Enough said.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    It's in the article
    Those are not very comprehensive stats IMO.

The real question being asked here I think is "Does Seba shoot too much from 30 yards out"

We can see that shooting from distance, he isn't effective.
    What about passing from that distance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, would be nice if we saw such a graph for his shots last season.
    NYRB game to start the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the rest of the team not shoot enough?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Does the rest of the team not shoot enough?
    YES and my CAPS LOCK is not on, the rest of the team, those whom are supposed to shoot do not.