Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS hasn't posted the supposed PK foul to the highlights. But they did post the PK instead.

Let's see if the "foul" makes into the full game highlights, probably not. Same for the non-call on Bendik. Too embarrassing. TFC will post them though. (They already posted Bendik's bear hug to Twitter. Orlando posted that Bendik play as a "save" BTW. LMFAO.)

I could go have another look on MLS Live now, but I'm just so effin sick of everything. Footy is supposed to be a fun diversion from all the other BS. Too much to ask I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe it wasn't the ref at all, perhaps it was the blue kit that made them lose tonight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's time the MLS ask FIFA if it could be a league where new rules are tried, and the first one I would have the league experiment with is using video technology on disputed calls. I would give each team two calls each have that they can dispute and go to video replay, any call you wanted, be it offsides, handballs , fouls in the box anything you want the ref to review on a video monitor, but you only have two each half, this needs to be implemented because you just can't have games decided by bad calls like this or missed calls, it's fucking 2016 let's start using technology !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah don't need technology, just need better referees who are not so naive. They should know better that players tend to go down much easier in the box.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    It's time the MLS ask FIFA if it could be a league where new rules are tried, and the first one I would have the league experiment with is using video technology on disputed calls. I would give each team two calls each have that they can dispute and go to video replay, any call you wanted, be it offsides, handballs , fouls in the box anything you want the ref to review on a video monitor, but you only have two each half, this needs to be implemented because you just can't have games decided by bad calls like this or missed calls, it's fucking 2016 let's start using technology !
    Video replay will work, They could even let the fourth official be the deciding factor after the four officials review the video. This way the ref still gets to save face and "disagree" with the call if they must. As it sits right now MLS reffing is a full out shit show! Better than it was 10 years ago but 12 year old refs at my 9 year olds league have better games than these morons!
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    i hate the fact that baseball does this. we need a better quality of ref.
    some actual consistency both league wide and individually.

refs in the top leagues in the world have styles: some of them are more likely to hand out yellows, some allow for a more physical style of play. some are uncompromising with challenges that endanger the safety of a player, some aren't so willing to issue a red. some are more likely to call advantage, others aren't and stop play dead. the problem is that MLS refs can't even maintain consistency within their own game.

on one side, you have a goalkeeper that pulls down a player with both hands firmly planted on a fowards shoulders.
    on the other, you have two players each with a hand across the others chest. one of those is called.
    one week you have a ref handing out a red for an over the ball challenge with the studs showing, the next week he's showing a yellow.

look at it this way.. do you really think elpath is going to issue a straight red for descent the next time around?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is with the totally flat first halves again this year?

Something is wrong when it happens game after game......
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White kit and bad reffing....yes...two of my beefs but they also passed like shit in the first half and were second to the ball a lot. They better not come out that flat against Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck everything

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't expect a result whenever TFC has that lame white kit and blue shorts kit on
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have had the thought for a while now that you cannot take this league too seriously or get too worked up about it
    away games are not worth watching, nothing ever seems to go well with in them,
    too many garbage useless fields of play ie yankee stadium and many others, and the
    refereeing is crap ,

I just go to individual games at bmo and hope it is entertaining and i was entertained and had a good time.
    if they make the playoffs all that means is potentially another home game to be entertained at, that's all
    Last edited by stevep; 06-25-2016 at 10:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing in weather like that on plastic turf is killer BTW. It's much hotter than on real grass. Makes the whole experience even more crappy (for players and fans). When is Orlando finally going to get a proper stadium with grass?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone got a link to the non call?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Anyone got a link to the non call?
    Here you go... Let's see if I can post this tweet with the video...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    so Vanney put out the first team for pretty much nothing

I didn't think TFC did enough to get 3 pts let alone 1 pt. Giovinco and Osorio missing their chances hurt
    When you mention two things, using "let alone" in between them, the latter is supposed to be less imaginable, btw (bold text).

But, yeh… even ignoring the fact we were robbed, as the ref loses the plot, towards the end, we had two penalty shouts: one admittedly very soft… but, stranger things—seen them given and so on. The other was stone wall. We, nevertheless, scored two lovely goals, in some very tough conditions/circumstances. I don't think that missing a couple gilt-edged chances means we deserve nothing, all things considered—in fact, the opposite is true, for those who look at the number of chances created to determine which side "deserves" what.

You know, it's not so much the couple points you make, but that your first reaction is to kick the team (Vanney and players) whilst they're already down, felled by a punch to the gut, with the way this one ended. Don't mean to villainize you, mind, as I know you care, like we all do; just think sometimes, when we get all worked up, it shouldn't hurt for someone to gently provide a bit of perspective.

I think the plan was always to rest a few key players, via (relatively) early substitution; growing concern over our league standing might have somewhat dictated the strength in player selections for the starting line-up. Clint's injury, I think, was a real blow for us, epitomized by the second Orlando goal.

All in all, I was very impressed with the way the lads come out in the second half, and kept fighting, despite the energy-sapping conditions. Vanney, for me, got more right than wrong; there will always be a gamble here or there, and you're a genius if it comes off. It's fair to say that, in this case, we didn't have the rub of the green, on the night (put lightly).

It really is tough, and I'm also a bit worried for how this might mentally/physically affect the group, going into Wednesday… but, there are some positives, which I hope they focus on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget about the crappy fields , yes there are still a few but there are more good ones than bad ones, there are enough teams in this league with grass soccer specific new stadiums that more than make up for the crappy ones, however, this officiating crap is getting out of hand and something needs to be done, and like I stated earlier I think technology needs to be used because I just don't see the officiating getting any better without the officials getting help. In terms of not bothering with away game results as fans, well I'm different then I follow this team like I would any sport team, I care about home and away games equally , why would I not yes sports is a pastime for enjoyment and pleasure , however, I also follow this team because I care how they do home and away , just like a Jays fan cares about their team home and away , why should it be any different for a TFC fan.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

Holy sweet fuck! And the ref was right fucking there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing in weather like that on plastic turf is killer BTW. It's much hotter than on real grass. Makes the whole experience even more crappy (for players and fans). When is Orlando finally going to get a proper stadium with grass?
    In March: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orlando_City_Stadium

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on that one angle, this seems like a 50/50 call.

The PK that was given, that is a scandal. League office has to answer for that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this stage..i would be happy to leave the MLS and join the CPL.im so sick of this crap.
    is it true bradley got injured tonight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    i have had the thought for a while now that you cannot take this league too seriously or get too worked up about it
    away games are not worth watching, nothing ever seems to go well with in them,
    too many garbage useless fields of play ie yankee stadium and many others, and the
    refereeing is crap ,

I just go to individual games at bmo and hope it is entertaining and i was entertained and had a good time.
    if they make the playoffs all that means is potentially another home game to be entertained at, that's all
    With mind boggling league rules, non transparent financial budgets and a complete lack of interest in developing quality refereeing I have stepped back on taking this league seriously too.

I watch and support TFC, but the league hasn't yet proven that it wants to put the big boy pants on to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on that one angle, this seems like a 50/50 call.

The PK that was given, that is a scandal. League office has to answer for that.
    if by 50/50 you mean "there's a 50% it's a PK, 50% chance its a PK and a red".

bendik is leaving his feet, with one hand on his shoulder and one around his waist.
    based on that angle it's made it an open and shut case. if a defender did this there'd be no questions asked, let alone a keeper.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game was all kinds of terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I take a positive, I'm really happy for JayHams getting on the scoresheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    If I take a positive, I'm really happy for JayHams getting on the scoresheet.
    He's looked good in the few games we've seen of him, seems like a pretty clinical finisher.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex Bono when he stepped onto the pitch in Orlando on Saturday evening became the 182nd player to have at least played one for the Reds in their 10 year history.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Alex Bono when he stepped onto the pitch in Orlando on Saturday evening became the 182nd player to have at least played one for the Reds in their 10 year history.
    Time for you to get his autograph! :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    if by 50/50 you mean "there's a 50% it's a PK, 50% chance its a PK and a red".

bendik is leaving his feet, with one hand on his shoulder and one around his waist.
    based on that angle it's made it an open and shut case. if a defender did this there'd be no questions asked, let alone a keeper.
    I see it now, weird, my player was conking out at the 3 second mark last night, I couldn't figure out why everyone was so furious because all I saw was the initial attempt, not the carom (and takedown)

That is a PK.

It is interesting that this play isn't in the highlight package.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-26-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see it now, weird, my player was conking out at the 3 second mark last night, I couldn't figure out why everyone was so furious because all I saw was the initial attempt, not the carom (and takedown)

That is a PK.

Even more interesting watching the 30 second highlight clip on TSN where they describe it as "Moor takes down Baptista and it's a PK." No mention that it was controversial (or blatantly a bad call). Their highlights are so bad that they don't even show all 5 goals. Their highlights were: Larin's goal, Irwin's injury, Morrow's goal, one quick angle of the penalty call, Kaka's penalty.

But hey let's talk about who the Leafs took in the 60th round of the draft.
    Last edited by PAOK17; 06-26-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a PK.

Even worse, the official story says Bendik "flapped at his legs"

i dunno, maybe Elsaph just wanted Orlando to have a better week, given all that has happened.