Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    MLS/CCL is soooooo tough to watch after watching Copa and Euro all week ... especially after watching spain earlier in day.
    spain lost. TFC won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could've been more but the big thing is not allowing an away goal. We steal a goal next week and we're probably good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All around a pretty poor game other then Cheyrou and our back 4, and Irwin. I'm glad we came away with something because I'm not sure we deserved to.
    Also a bit concerned with Osorio's drop in play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Where is Perquis ?????????????
    I'm pretty sure there was a comment about him being injured in Training.. (someone was anyway)

with this team who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a comment about him being injured in Training.. (someone was anyway)

They mentioned Morgan Lovitz and Altidore as hurt on the clubs website, but not Perquis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post

Molinaro said he wasn't injured, but that he was "banged up" whatever that means

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched this game away from my regular spot, had tickets up in 226. Gotta admit, it's a completely different game when you see the field from up high. Honestly, with the pressure we were putting on in the second half, I was really expecting a result of at least 2-0 for Toronto.

Not sure how different things would have been if we had Altidore, Perquis, and others on the pitch. Glad for the win above everything else, more glad we racked up another clean sheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were much better in the second half. Crisp ball movement but couldn't deliver that final touch. Irwin was sharp when called upon.

A draw or a one goal loss if we score in the second leg gets us into the CCL. Not a bad position to be in at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A game to be at the stadium for. Defence solid. Moor with another good game. Rather be us than them. Score one and they need 3.

Weak link to me was Delgado. Cheyrou had a great game. Johnson and him make a good midfield partnership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Molinaro said he wasn't injured, but that he was "banged up" whatever that means
    After a wild day watching Poland beat Ukraine, Perquis is "banged up"!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    In Britain it means he's in jail. So that's the reason he couldn't play.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    We were much better in the second half. Crisp ball movement but couldn't deliver that final touch. Irwin was sharp when called upon.

A draw or a one goal loss if we score in the second leg gets us into the CCL. Not a bad position to be in at all.
    For sure we played a much better game in the last 45. Some are saying online that Vancouver dominated the first half, though, and I don't think I necessarily agree with that. I can think of a good 20 minute stretch at the beginning of the game where they were playing very aggressively, but TFC eventually tightened things up and started to play proactively before the half.

Anyone else kinda unimpressed with Johnson? I didn't pay much attention to him but my partner who came with me thought he was really off tonight. Cheyrou had a good game, though, as well as the usual suspects (Gio, Irwin, etc).
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 06-21-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis seemed super ecstatic when Seba went over to subs to celebrate goal on Saturday. I don't think Perquis is being left out for any other reason than he does have some minor injuries that eed time to recover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    For sure we played a much better game in the last 45. Some are saying online that Vancouver dominated the first half, though, and I don't think I necessarily agree with that. I can think of a good 20 minute stretch at the beginning of the game where they were playing very aggressively, but TFC eventually tightened things up and started to play proactively before the half.

Anyone else kinda unimpressed with Johnson? I didn't pay much attention to him but my partner who came with me thought he was really off tonight. Cheyrou had a good game, though, as well as the usual suspects (Gio, Irwin, etc).
    Johnson is a monster, keeps the opposition honest with his aggressive midfield play, weak at finishing lately, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    All around a pretty poor game other then Cheyrou and our back 4, and Irwin. I'm glad we came away with something because I'm not sure we deserved to.
    Also a bit concerned with Osorio's drop in play.

Always looking to lay the ball off to Seba, he has no confidence in his own abilities, he needs to be dropped down to the bench for a spell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    A game to be at the stadium for. Defence solid. Moor with another good game. Rather be us than them. Score one and they need 3.

Weak link to me was Delgado. Cheyrou had a great game. Johnson and him make a good midfield partnership.
    And Osorio, both should have been subbed off at about 60 minutes. And for me Hamilton seems somewhat slow or lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could easily have been 4-0
    I hope the misses dont bite us in the 2nd leg

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Good thing I didn't go making plans already!
    you would have had to cancel them
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Cheyrou had a great game.
    Cheyrou just gets so much out of the team. He sets up Gio like no one else seems to do (ahem, Bradley)
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really liked the crisp passing, the lightly weighted forward passes, the diagonal passing. The finishing at the final third left a lot to be desired, though, even by Giovinco.

Too small a lead to feel a lot of comfort for the second leg, but at least no away goals were allowed.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good enough result (no goals conceded), though there is still everything to play for in leg 2....

though Giovinco was a wee bit selfish on the ball......I counted 3 times at least where he took the ball almost all the way across the box looking for an opening to shoot.....incredible skill to keep control of it like that though.....he looked like he expected a hat trick from himself.....

Should be mentioned that despite Vancouver not looking too dangerous overall, Irwin had to come up HUGE the couple of times they did....he had a great game....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver players seem to be ok with the result saying now they are going back home to their stadium. Problem for them is that TFC is not the Ottawa Fury. They shouldn't be so overconfident at home. I think the MLS game where they got the sudden goals against us when our defence's brains turned off briefly made them overconfident going into last night too thinking they were going to do it again. Let them be overconfident. We can just go into Vancouver and put on another good defensive performance and expose them on the counter. Montreal was ok with 4-2 loss in the first leg too going back to their home turf. Look how it worked out for them. I don't get why teams seem ok with losing the first leg. Probably it is just all talk for the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW:

The good:

Atmosphere in the stadium for a Tuesday, but let's hope there are no more. This is a soccer first stadium, supposedly.

Gio was much improved over Saturday, using his team for more. Could distribute even better, but it was good to see him adjust.

Cherou immense.

Back four plus Irwin all had good defensive games. I though they completely neutralized Vancouver.

Osorio's ability to find the pass when in tight circumstances.

The bad:

Delgado was losing possession unnecessarily often, typically carelessly.

Morrow couldn't cross and find a team mate. And why are we hitting high crosses into the box with Gio and Babouli at striker?

Babouli ran out of gas and should have been subbed earlier. He and Endoh weren't as effective as normal, but glad they are getting minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    And Osorio, both should have been subbed off at about 60 minutes. And for me Hamilton seems somewhat slow or lazy.
    Agree with Osorio. If he was American, he'd be called out for his invisibility and/or poor decisions in matches like Delgado is. FWIW I say Delgado is better. At least I see him more often on the pitch, he does some good things tracking back, and he can pot the occasional goal. I see nothing from Osorio except the occasional decent pass and whole lot of extra, unnecessary touches on any ball he gets anywhere near the box.

Hamilton is out of his depth. His poaching instincts can probably bag a goal here or there but he is out of position a lot, seems like he is a step behind everyone else when it comes knowing where to be, and for a sort of large guy he looks mighty feeble. Seba has more hold up play than him.

Babouli is also 50/50 for me but I would stick with him as there is more upside probably than any of the players mentioned above. He does a lot of good things in a game, especially early. Unfortunately when it gets tight he will be the weak link with short passes and bad decisions that lead to cheap giveaways. He is a good first half guy or even better as a sub if you're chasing a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    FWIW:

The good:

Atmosphere in the stadium for a Tuesday, but let's hope there are no more. This is a soccer first stadium, supposedly.

Gio was much improved over Saturday, using his team for more. Could distribute even better, but it was good to see him adjust.

Cherou immense.

Back four plus Irwin all had good defensive games. I though they completely neutralized Vancouver.

Osorio's ability to find the pass when in tight circumstances.

The bad:

Delgado was losing possession unnecessarily often, typically carelessly.

Morrow couldn't cross and find a team mate. And why are we hitting high crosses into the box with Gio and Babouli at striker?

Babouli ran out of gas and should have been subbed earlier. He and Endoh weren't as effective as normal, but glad they are getting minutes.
    you forgot to add under Cons the new Argos Sign

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow just 3 weeks ago Babouli and Hamilton and Osorio were all wonderful great players against Montreal- now they are not good enough?

Osorio positionally is better then Delgado. He rarely gets found out of place. One thing where he is better then Delgado is he no longer feels the need to always take a touch before deciding what to do. For North Americans, that only comes with game experience.
    Where he needs to be better is in finding space between the lines. If he is going to be at the top of the diamond, he needs to find that space. Endoh does that, which is why Endoh went to the AM slot when he came on in a 4-4-1-1.

As for Hamilton last night, he played what...12 minutes? He was asked to play a shuttler forward position in a 4-4-1-1 where he acts as the defensive forward but also as the hold up man - Altidore is good at that but it takes time to get used to where people are. He needs to get used to Seba - and he will if he gets minutes. He looked more confident then he has before.

I cut Endoh, Baboulli and Hamilton a lot of slack right now cause they are really all rookies (Hamilton has played so little at this level).

BTW, was anybody else scared to see Hagglund as RB? Too many memories of Dallas. I'd rather Williams out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is Baboulli getting slack, besides running out of gas (Vanney should have subbed him earlier) he was one of the few sparks out there.

Hell, he knocked over the Defense when he deeked left. Wish he scored that one for the highlight reel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where was Perquis?

Is he injured or are they solving the cap issue and CB log jam by transferring him back to Europe

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Where was Perquis?

Is he injured or are they solving the cap issue and CB log jam by transferring him back to Europe
    Neither. Vanney is managing playing time by rotation.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Where was Perquis?

My gut feeling says something is up there.