View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of a move to the Canadian Premier League?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 14.42%
  • No

80 76.92%
  • Undecided

9 8.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    But the level of play itself must also be palatable. Having the league included in the EA FIFA1x franchise would also be helpful.
    hmm, first few years I'm not expecting more than USL quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the Ottawa Fury and FC Edmonton are in the mix, you can expect at least some NASL level of play. The other clubs will have to bootstrap themselves up to that level to compete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    It would be like taking Swansea out of the premiership and putting them in the Welsh league. no sense in doing that.
    The MLS is not the premiership, and Swansea has been part of the English system for over 100 years, and there are no signs of it having hindered Welsh football. ( We will see the evidence tomorrow)
    Last edited by trane; 06-15-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    If the Ottawa Fury and FC Edmonton are in the mix, you can expect at least some NASL level of play. The other clubs will have to bootstrap themselves up to that level to compete.
    My brother is a Fury season ticket holder and he spoke with a staffer on whether they would be joining the Canadian Premier League. He was told they will not be joining the CPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The staffers are probably all told to say that. I'm a Season Ticket holder as well. I'll have to ask at the next game. But the sources are all saying that there will be an Ottawa team in the league and I can't see it being anything other than the Fury. Also a lot of us were stung by the fact that so much of the team bailed at the end of last season due to the devaluated Canadian Dollar. If all teams play in Canada, you'll never have to worry about that happening again. The MLS clubs have USD reserves so they aren't as affected by these exchange rate shifts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More discussions of the CPL rumours, vote on labour day weekend and announcement maybe later this year (Grey Cup week):
    http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articl...oncerning.aspx