Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a great game, but I'll take it.

I think we've gotten to the point where we look to giovinco too much. Guys look scarred to take chances themselves rather than defer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A game where your best offense is coming from your defensive players.... .... there is something wrong.

Happy for the 3 points.. hate the way we got it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Van Damme was huge for LA, breaking up TFC plays all game, making it hard to break through. They almost got a point on the road.

Nice to have Moor score one, a masterclass of clinical finishing there.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-19-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really unimpressed tonight but I'll take the points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Van Damme was huge for LA, breaking up TFC plays all game, making it hard to break through. They almost got a point on the road.

Nice to have Moor score one, a masterclass of clinical finishing there.

Player of the match imo.

Edit: (I meant Van Damme was player of the match) who is this guy? first time seeing him play and he's like a wet shirt on the TFC offence.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-19-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Player of the match imo.
    thought lleget was the best player today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

That 8 yard miss with the left foot would have sealed the game for them I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really unimpressed tonight but I'll take the points
    agree to many 1 pointers this season at home might cost us a playoff date. We need 3s like tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC playing Chelsea Mourinho style, ugly defensive soccer but it works!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mexico (Mom's place of birth) vs Chile (Dad's place of birth) and me wishing Canada was in it.... NEXT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts:

Gio needs to move the ball. LA was triple teaming him most of the game leaving all sorts of space for the pass. Plus if he starts moving it, they'll have to back off a bit, giving him space.

why was Endoh in the middle and Oso wide? Makes no sense, their best positions are precisely the opposite

Irwin played very well

Morrow couldn't cross the ball. Something has been up with him this year, he isn't the same.

Hamilton did reasonably well. Two or three very nice touches early on, made some good runs off the ball.

Moor was very good.

Hagglund good when he came on.

Cheyrou excellent.

Lleget M.O.M for us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm just here for the flag.
    I thought there were to be 10k flags given out. No way there were that many people there by the time I got in and no evidence at any of the north entrances that the flags were being given out (empty boxes, strewn plastic, anything). Did you get your flag?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great atmosphere tonight.
    Game was exciting, quality wasn't great though. Delgado doesn't give us much, Morrow good defensively and gets into good attacking positions but his crossing is poor. Thought De Jong was excellent for LA. Good to get the win but can bo better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely. Benoit is not a flashy player. It would have been a different result if he was not on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Cheyrou for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the most inspiring effort at home, but missing 2 of our 3 DPs against LA, 3 points and a clean sheet is always welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely not the pretties game but we came away with what matters.

LA's gameplay was fairly obvious - pepper crosses into the box all game for Gordon and make TFC deal with the aerial threat. Kudos to Zabaleta and Moor for dealing with what was thrown their way and getting the clean sheet.

If there's a positive to take away it has got to be that TFC are finding ways to win without Gio scoring. Pretty wins count just as much as the ugly ones so performance aside I'm overall happy with the result.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Giovinco hasn't scored a single goal off a free kick this season. That's quite shocking compared with last year.

Morrow's crosses were bad today, but so were most of the crosses by various TFC players. So often I would see a few of our guys open in the box, but the crosses would go nowhere near them.

Yes Van Damme was good, but he really should have seen a yellow at least once. That would have made him less aggressive & less effective.

Nothing on the highlights of course, but I felt there were a few blatant fouls not called. I don't know if I can find them on MLS Live. I feel Toledo used to call too many fouls a few years ago, and especially hand out too many cards. Now I think he's gone too far in the opposite direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to ask this because I'm sure it's already been talked about somewhere, but I've been ridiculously busy and have only had time to check in on TFC-land now:

How was the grass? Any issues/complaints from anywhere?

My assumption is that it was totally fine, but I'm curious if anyone heard anything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another clean sheet!
    I loved our defensive shape. We are tough to break down.
    The first 50 minutes were hard to watch. We turned the ball over cheaply over and over again.
    Not a great game for the rookies and younger players today.
    LA's back line had a good showing. Except for that one goal
    I was a little confused about our line up. But then I remembered we need to keep some powder dry for Tuesday's....
    21 June 2016: Toronto FC : Vancouver Whitecaps FC - First leg
    I bold this, because so many, in the stands, told me that they didn't know about the game on Tuesday.
    Thrilled that I saw no CFL remnants. Surprised even. Nice job MLSE.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes Giovinco hasn't scored a single goal off a free kick this season. That's quite shocking compared with last year.

Morrow's crosses were bad today, but so were most of the crosses by various TFC players. So often I would see a few of our guys open in the box, but the crosses would go nowhere near them.

Yes Van Damme was good, but he really should have seen a yellow at least once. That would have made him less aggressive & less effective.

Nothing on the highlights of course, but I felt there were a few blatant fouls not called. I don't know if I can find them on MLS Live. I feel Toledo used to call too many fouls a few years ago, and especially hand out too many cards. Now I think he's gone too far in the opposite direction.
    The ref was Salazar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou is still a stud.
    But Seba, pass bro...Jay Hamilton is impressing so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Endoh impressed me last night. He made quite a few quick first time passes instead of taking a touch and slowing things down. A few went wayward but the fact that he was trying to keep the game moving quickly and attempting to play incisively impressed me, to my eye he links very well with Cheyrou. Made some smart runs into space that weren't noticed, that seems to be a reoccurring theme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't get a chance to watch, but happy to just get the win. Did the shape look like a 4-2-3-1 or did we have 2 strikers?

Really great to have Cheyrou back, and I'm so glad Hamilton got the start. We need someone that can hold up the ball when Altidore is out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Sorry to ask this because I'm sure it's already been talked about somewhere, but I've been ridiculously busy and have only had time to check in on TFC-land now:

How was the grass? Any issues/complaints from anywhere?

My assumption is that it was totally fine, but I'm curious if anyone heard anything.
    There were muddy tire tracks in the northeast corner, about golf cart width. Not sure if that is CFL related... I've never seen that before so I assume it wasn't done by the grounds crew.

No paint or wear and tear centrally.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I thought there were to be 10k flags given out. No way there were that many people there by the time I got in and no evidence at any of the north entrances that the flags were being given out (empty boxes, strewn plastic, anything). Did you get your flag?
    Yes I got my flag at the north but the north patio was packed right back to the Food building steps 20 minutes prior to opening. They probably ran out within 5 minutes up there.

Couldn't see the tire tracks from the TV replay. Was it on the pitch itself or behind the end line?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-19-2016 at 10:00 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I dont care what people wear as long as they show up. Whatever makes them happy, im happy when theres more fans in the seats that add to the atmosphere and fun. Were consistently starting to sellout this stadium for most games and in a couple years there will be voices asking for further expansion, i cant wait!
    I, too, welcome anyone at the game. If all they have is a soccer jersey they want to wear and they sing, clap for our team - plus. Maybe some will wear tfc red to the match in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Who the fuck cares what other people are wearing. It's not like people here can have a say on what other people can wear. I pay to watch the game, not to sit and stare at the stands.
    lol who cares? You clearly. And the user asked if you care to check.

I care because I want to see more support for our team. That's first. If people are their supporting the sport that's a plus. too.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't really get too upset by our overall performance- we got the three points against a typically difficult and that's the main thing here. Not all that happy with the officiating, but I feel like it could have gone a lot worse. Another clean sheet for Irwin and a goal for Moor? I'll take it. Endoh looked pretty good. Gio played with a lot of hustle despite being almost crippled a bunch of times by some asshole LA defenders.

Either way, I'll take it. A win's a win! On to Tuesday night!
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Definitely not the pretties game but we came away with what matters.

LA's gameplay was fairly obvious - pepper crosses into the box all game for Gordon and make TFC deal with the aerial threat. Kudos to Zabaleta and Moor for dealing with what was thrown their way and getting the clean sheet.

If there's a positive to take away it has got to be that TFC are finding ways to win without Gio scoring. Pretty wins count just as much as the ugly ones so performance aside I'm overall happy with the result.
    Got antsy when I saw Gordons name on the roster sheet. Glad he was denied.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always enjoy watching big bangers go up against our defence. I thought Moor did quite well, actually winning headers against Gordon. But, gosh, LAG are full of big stocky types.

Anyways, how can you not like these two dads