0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Down goes Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piatti had an operation on his left hand for an injured thumb ligament. Out 2-3 weeks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Piatti had an operation on his left hand for an injured thumb ligament. Out 2-3 weeks.
    Survivor: MLS. Who will come out on top?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Survivor: MLS. Who will come out on top?
    seems like an odd surgery to have midseason, musta been in pain.

Its probably why Irwin's shove hurt so much

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    seems like an odd surgery to have midseason, musta been in pain.

Its probably why Irwin's shove hurt so much
    Yes undoubtedly the pain radiated straight from his thumb to his face, after he was pushed in the chest by Irwin.

(Note: if my thumb or hand hurt after being shoved to ground, I would clutch my hand or my thumb, not my face... He was hoping the ref didn't exactly see what had happened, and that Irwin would get a red for contact to the face.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Giovinco might make the bench. No need to risk him coming back from injury, unless TFC needs a goal in 2nd half.
    We should play this as a counter and just stick Hamilton up top alone, maybe with Babouli or Osorio right behind him. Stack the midfield defensively. Maybe even play 4-5-1
    ----------Irwin---------
    Beita--Perquis--Moor--Morrow
    ---------Cheyrou----------
    Delgado--Johnson--Manella--Morgan
    ----------Hamilton

Just clog the shit out of the pitch, make them earn every inch.

Maybe go with Edwards or Babouli up top as the game goes on, take advantage of speed vs fatigue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We should play this as a counter and just stick Hamilton up top alone, maybe with Babouli or Osorio right behind him. Stack the midfield defensively. Maybe even play 4-5-1
    ----------Irwin---------
    ----------Hamilton

Maybe go with Edwards or Babouli up top as the game goes on, take advantage of speed vs fatigue.
    This is what I was thinking too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    ----------Irwin---------
    ----------Hamilton

I'd put Oso in for Johnson as Johnson is injured.. but beyond that it seems like a plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    So what would you go with? Drop Babouli and Hamilton and put Morgan and Delgado on the wings with gio up top?
    I would definitely put Morgan in front of Morrow. Degaldo probably seems a bit more defensive minded than Baboulli.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hopefully that's a "international friendly" injury. Should fit by next wednesday.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd start Willy but not for the full match.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's a bad move, maybe put them on the bench and only bring them into the game unless you really have to.

We don't need reoccurring injuries with our most important players.

I want us to win the cup but a two goal lead is pretty good, its especially good if we can get a goal on the road which would almost guarantee a victory.
    Last edited by Richard; 06-06-2016 at 11:51 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think that's a bad move, maybe put them on the bench and only bring them into the game unless you really have to.

We don't need reoccurring injuries with our most important players.

I want us to win the cup but a two goal lead is pretty good, its especially good if we can get a goal on the road which would almost guarantee a victory.
    The only way to keep Seba on the bench (besides injury) is to nail him down.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton_red View Post
    hopefully that's a "international friendly" injury. Should fit by next wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ogthedim View Post
    Surprise, surprise.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are very important games, more important to me than our game vs the galaxy on the 18th.

If they are ready play them as montreal will likely throw everything they have at us to make it to the finals.

A TFC vs Fury finals would be amazing

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    These are very important games, more important to me than our game vs the galaxy on the 18th.

If they are ready play them as montreal will likely throw everything they have at us to make it to the finals.

A TFC vs Fury finals would be amazing

Didn't this sitch happen multiple times in recent years with a spotlight (Premium...riiiiight) match following the Vcup?

This convo is so familiar when in past years they look at the money from tix and possible viewers but now they have to weigh it heavily against the event created by Montreals "success" in the CCL Stade Olympique match.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Didn't this sitch happen multiple times in recent years with a spotlight (Premium...riiiiight) match following the Vcup?

This convo is so familiar when in past years they look at the money from tix and possible viewers but now they have to weigh it heavily against the event created by Montreals "success" in the CCL Stade Olympique match.
    After the game this Wednesday they get a week and a half off no matter what.
    The finals may create a slight case of fixture congestion but we should be back close to full strength by then and be able to withstand a little squad rotation.

I know we are both of the same mind that Vcup is very important and everything I've heard from manning seams to indicate they view it the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say start them, hope we pot one, and pull them out early.

I'd way rather take it to Montreal than sit back, let them get up 1-0 or 2-0, then make a bunch of subs and hope they can pull it together to save one from the fire.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling Montreal thought they could roll us over last week with their attack and then just coast at home. Thankfully, we did a number on them psychologically, until the final 5 minutes when Drogba lifted them up. They don't have the midfield to hold possession long - its not their thing. We can score goals on that defence.

If we score in the first half hour, and they havn't, they will wilt. Keep it tight and then break out and punish them.

Molinaro adds some depth to his tweets

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/will-...-championship/
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-06-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The wife and I are making the trip over for the game. Any supporters doing the same? Any particular pre-game bar/restaurant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmorgs88 View Post
    The wife and I are making the trip over for the game. Any supporters doing the same? Any particular pre-game bar/restaurant?
    Not sure how many are making the trip but pregame is generally McLeans and peel pub.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Endoh and Morrow both made the trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hagglund and Zavaletta were actually very good last game, particularly Hagglund. If anything Beita was the weak link defensively (and Z). Maybe he gets a rest and keep Haggs on. Can Moor play RB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of the last time I was this excited for a Canadian Championship match as they usually feel a little forgotten. Last game was fantastic and I'm expecting this one to be a real battle and a chance for some redemption from last years' playoff debacle with our youth movement pushing forward. I like the idea of giving Hagglund some field time to get him back to form. He wasn't bad in his rookie year and could be a strong option if he gets a chance to string together some starts (and performs).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only player I am not comfortable with in the Projected Starting XI posted in this thread is Chapman. He has shown recently that he is too soft right now to start in a big game like this. We need toughness and players that are not afraid of hard tackles. We can't afford any reason to have the team collapse like last year in the playoffs and we know that is always a possibility in Montreal because it happened before even with Bradley and Giovinco there. If Montreal goes up even by a goal early in the game it will open up their belief in themselves even more. We need a solid defensive game with Drogba not being involved like we did for the first 85 minutes of the last game. Drogba plays for the fouls and penalty kicks. He tried to pop the ball up at the TFC defenders arms several times last game to get a penalty with a handball. We can't let him win at his game. Hopefully the ref doesn't buy any of Drogba's shit and TFC takes it to them again and get the two away goals back early and give them a mountain to climb. We need something like a victory tonight to celebrate. Go Reds!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    The only player I am not comfortable with in the Projected Starting XI posted in this thread is Chapman. He has shown recently that he is too soft right now to start in a big game like this. We need toughness and players that are not afraid of hard tackles. We can't afford any reason to have the team collapse like last year in the playoffs and we know that is always a possibility in Montreal because it happened before even with Bradley and Giovinco there. If Montreal goes up even by a goal early in the game it will open up their belief in themselves even more. We need a solid defensive game with Drogba not being involved like we did for the first 85 minutes of the last game. Drogba plays for the fouls and penalty kicks. He tried to pop the ball up at the TFC defenders arms several times last game to get a penalty with a handball. We can't let him win at his game. Hopefully the ref doesn't buy any of Drogba's shit and TFC takes it to them again and get the two away goals back early and give them a mountain to climb. We need something like a victory tonight to celebrate. Go Reds!!!

I agree with the thoughts on Chapman, but state with a grain of salt that he does need to play to improve.

If Vanney goes with the formation above, I am hoping that it is only to hold defensively first and then switch out Chappy for Endoh come later in the 2nd half if we are leading 1-0 (or more).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can't see both Gio and Johnson on the bench, 1 if not both will be in the lineup.

Go for the jugular from the start