Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC 2 will lose a lot of players, it's usual for them to rid players that stay loyal to the club and play well, TFC policy seems to be a no point keeping players if they not making the 1st team within a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats life in the world of sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    thats life in the world of sports.
    Yup sure is, shame we only got one big club as the majority of them USL and L1O players just go to waste. (Few make it elsewhere) Mark Anthony Kaye and Larin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Blue Jays and Raptors don't develop players. They are already 20+ when drafted. Soccer is a unique institution where clubs are allowed to develop their own local talent. Imagine id the same for NHL if the Leafs were allowed to grow and claim all hockey youth players in the GTA!

Now a majority of TFC fans are also passionate supporters of the CMNT. If the club and the fans sponsor a youth players development we would rather that player if he turns profesional be on board with the CMNT.

Do you have any proof that most TFC fans are passionate supporters of the CMNT. Personally I don't care how the CMNT does or see any responsibility for TFC to do anything for the CMNT.
    Last edited by troy1982; 12-18-2016 at 02:00 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's enough talent in the GTA to keep the academy stocked with talent, so I don't really see a club vs country conflict here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    Do you have any proof that most TFC fans are passionate supporters of the CMNT. Personally I don't care how the CMNT does or see any responsibility for TFC to do anything for the CMNT.
    I hope you are not Canadian otherwise this a very anger inducing statement. Why would you not care about the CMNT at all? Fair enough if a USMNT high potential player gets developed for the hope of compensation or first team contribution that's good. But to say you don't care about CMNT that's infuriating to me. I want both TFC to win and CMNT to grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good CMNT is good business for TFC. If soccer is truly going to take off in this country, then winning CMNT that consistently plays in World Cup is a must.

So losing one of our better Academy players to CONCACAF rival is going to hurt CMNT and indirectly TFC.

So yes, people who want soccer to grow in this country are going to be angry about this news.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure which country you support but imagine a team in that country not giving a shit about the NT.

(I remain unconvinced that this is actually going on as we seem to be just getting hearsay and there have been a number of articles from TFC about academy products playing for various Canadian U-# teams)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Mannella tweeted he moving on.

Watched this kid since he arrived, calm, cool and collected player, always made the hard centre mid job look easy.

He would have been a keep in my book but again, never really given a chance to show what he could do on the bigger stage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of moving on...tfc2 cleaned out a few players today.sorry cant add the link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    speaking of moving on...tfc2 cleaned out a few players today.sorry cant add the link.
    Toronto FC II have not exercised the option on midfielder Martin Davis. In addition, defenders Skylar Thomas, Wesley Charpie; midfielders Adam Bouchard, Sal Bernal and forward Ben Spencer’s contracts will expire at the end of the year making them free agents.

Following the expiry of their loans, goalkeeper Nathan Ingham has returned to FC Edmonton of the North American Soccer League (NASL) and defender Triston Hodge has returned to W Connection F.C. of the TT Pro League.

Toronto FC II’s 2017 roster as it currently stands:

Defenders (2): Mitchell Taintor, Anthony Osorio

Midfielders (6): Luca Uccello, Brian James, Aidan Daniels, Malik Johnson, Liam Fraser, Bubacarr Jobe

Forwards (3): Raheem Edwards, Ricardo John, Shaan Hundal
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 12-19-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Interesting.

I always thought Skylar Thomas was good.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I hope you are not Canadian otherwise this a very anger inducing statement. Why would you not care about the CMNT at all? Fair enough if a USMNT high potential player gets developed for the hope of compensation or first team contribution that's good. But to say you don't care about CMNT that's infuriating to me. I want both TFC to win and CMNT to grow.

I'm a TFC fan, but I wouldn't call myself a passionate CMNT supporter - I support them, but at this point in time I don't care about them. Their professionalism is on the same level as the Argos - a complete joke of an institution. They don't deserve any support outside of a high school stadium sized attendance.

I would not want TFC to shackle itself to the CMNT program in any way - including getting players to commit to that shitty association.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There's enough talent in the GTA to keep the academy stocked with talent, so I don't really see a club vs country conflict here.
    Talking with the head of my son's club in Durham about TFC Academy and he said they won't even send anyone to see a kid play if they are not in the Toronto or Woodbridge/Vaughan area so not quite the whole GTA when it comes to talent pool. TFC told him that they wouldn't come when he asked them to come see a couple of good prospects that were playing at our club last year. I guess Ajax is too far from Kia training grounds? Our club head told us parents at the beginning of the season that if we ever wanted our sons to play with TFC academy that we should move to a Toronto club to have a better chance at getting seen. He didn't want us to leave our Durham club but he wanted to be honest with us about how narrow sighted TFC academy was. So it sounds to me like TFC Academy could be missing lots of good prospects that won't get a look due to playing in the outer parts of the GTA. Too bad if true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I'm a TFC fan, but I wouldn't call myself a passionate CMNT supporter - I support them, but at this point in time I don't care about them. Their professionalism is on the same level as the Argos - a complete joke of an institution. They don't deserve any support outside of a high school stadium sized attendance.

I would not want TFC to shackle itself to the CMNT program in any way - including getting players to commit to that shitty association.

You said it better than I did and that is exactly how I feel.
    If the CSA is going to be hostile to TFC then maybe they should develop their own players and let TFC develop players for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit off topic but TFC just revealed their league one team will be called "Toronto FC III". Tbh go by the letters format ; etc Toronto FC B, Toronto FC C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    A bit off topic but TFC just revealed their league one team will be called "Toronto FC III". Tbh go by the letters format ; etc Toronto FC B, Toronto FC C
    Sounds good to me, most teams are doing the 1 11 111 format it fits nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The press release stated that Pod 1 (TFC3) would play in L1O. Does that mean that we are no longer competing in the PDL at all?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    Branding. They'd rather go with the weaker "III" than "C" because "II" looked great and still does. I prefer it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care and I am sure most people done care what country the academy kids want to represent.
    What business is it of yours if a kids wants to represent another country other than Canada.
    The public, rightfully, is not complaining that the Blue Jays and the Raptors aren't developing Canadian players so I don't see why they would start complaining about TFC.
    That analogy doesn't even make sense as the Raps and Jays don't produce players.

A person born and raised here, developing as an athlete here should represent said country, and I'm sure most people would be on my side of the argument. Why do you think support in the men's national team has increased ten fold since TFC came to town?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have any proof that the majority of TFC have never watched football played outside of Toronto? I'd say that's because most have watched and enjoy International play. If one watches International play but doesn't care about the country they live in that really doesn't help the game in that country. I'm glad holdouts like yourself aren't growing in numbers.

You said it better than I did and that is exactly how I feel.
    If the CSA is going to be hostile to TFC then maybe they should develop their own players and let TFC develop players for TFC.
    There is no proof of hostility and going with attitudes like yours- what leg would they have to stand on but patriotism? The CSA has no upper hand when talking to these clubs and rely on the players wanting to help improve the nations rank. And FYI every country RELIES on club training. EVERY country. Even the one you follow. Whatever country that may be.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA I wouldn't call you one either, jabbs.

I disagree with the institution remark. The CSA improvement on the womens side of things can't be denied. That's part of the institution.

I disagree with your style of support in general. It having to be deserved at all. I didn't apply that to club and I won't apply it to country.

I'm not sure how you think the CSA turns around with out the help of Canadian players. Or are you content with letting other Canadian clubs do the work until the CSA is worthy for your TFC players??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go a step further...Can you even be a good TFC fan if you don't support CMNT and the development of Canadian players? I'd say no. If the MLS were to have three US teams placed in Canada's biggest soccer markets and hive off all the money and resources for soccer i the country - the CSA shoild be obliged to shut down MLS in Canada. - joint league has to good for bith countries not just one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm not sure how you think the CSA turns around with out the help of Canadian players. Or are you content with letting other Canadian clubs do the work until the CSA is worthy for your TFC players??
    Did you bother to follow the conversation being had when you replied with this comment?

The idea was that a player coming into TFC Academy should be tied to representing the CMNT - which I think is completely the wrong direction the club should be focused on. if there are players who are good enough to be in the Academy who are Canadian and wish to represent Canada - then great for Canada! However, to force a player coming in to align with the National program is detrimental to the clubs focus on developing players for the first team.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you bother to follow the conversation being had when you replied with this comment?

The idea was that a player coming into TFC Academy should be tied to representing the CMNT - which I think is completely the wrong direction the club should be focused on. if there are players who are good enough to be in the Academy who are Canadian and wish to represent Canada - then great for Canada! However, to force a player coming in to align with the National program is detrimental to the clubs focus on developing players for the first team.
    I don't see the semantics argument on this page. Where is the "forcing" of Canadians to align with the National program link?

I can't wait for another Canadian league for the addition of development. Three clubs is not enough.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 01-06-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the semantics argument on this page. Where is the "forcing" of Canadians to align with the National program link?

I can't wait for another Canadian league for the addition of development. Three clubs is not enough.
    Totally agreed with your post. I don't see anyone forcing academy players to suit up for Canada. To me it is almost a hypothetical problem for a team such as TFC to develop more than a small handful of players who come from abroad. Realistically most academy players will continue to be born and raised locally, so they will most certainly play for Canada without much (if any) arm twisting.

That said, I will be really glad when the CPL (or whatever name the league is known by) is up and running. Three clubs wouldn't even be enough if each club dressed a plethora of Canadians regularly.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Fort York Redcoat
    @Toronto ruffrider

This is the post that sparked my comment

Blue Jays and Raptors don't develop players. They are already 20+ when drafted. Soccer is a unique institution where clubs are allowed to develop their own local talent. Imagine id the same for NHL if the Leafs were allowed to grow and claim all hockey youth players in the GTA!

Now a majority of TFC fans are also passionate supporters of the CMNT. If the club and the fans sponsor a youth players development we would rather that player if he turns profesional be on board with the CMNT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many years before you think TFC opens up its academy in other towns or cities.

City of Toronto has a few academies from out of town teams or links to them.
    The best one obviously is http://www.sportingfc.ca/ Obviously!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Fort York Redcoat
    @Toronto ruffrider

This is the post that sparked my comment
    Which is why it sparked my semantics comment.

One person would take his comment generalizing "a majority of support for an Accie that prefers to be on board with the Nats" as putting a cart before a donkey, like yourself, while my take is that there is no "forcing" going on until I get links from people with accounts of losing Accies because they wouldn't take the call for the U-whatever Nats.

I get you don't want anything interfering or any reservation in an Academy kids mind from focusing on the club side. I think it's a ridiculous few kids that would think or have it take away from their game.

We both want what's best for the kids. We disagree greatly on the impact of those excelling and taking the call for the Nats.

That's a respectful disagreement, BTW. You're free to it, jabs. Cheers.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 01-09-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We both want what's best for the kids. We disagree greatly on the impact of those excelling and taking the call for the Nats.
    That's a respectful disagreement, BTW. You're free to it, jabs. Cheers.
    Absolutely! I'm glad we can have these frank discussions about the Nats.

I get riled up and become very harsh on them because I expect better from them.
    It's no different than how TFC supporters have acted towards MLSE
    TBH I wished more CMNT supporters held the CSA up to the same standard TFC fans held MLSE up to. This is the crux with me calling myself a CMNT supporter. But that's another topic for another thread.