Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I was moving last week and didn't get a chance to book my flight. Now the prices have gone up again. Best price I've seen is $391 return on porter. Anyone have any links to a cheaper flight? I still want to go but may be forced to drive - not looking forward to an 8 hour drive. (I'd still want two spots on the bus if I drive.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    So I was moving last week and didn't get a chance to book my flight. Now the prices have gone up again. Best price I've seen is $391 return on porter. Anyone have any links to a cheaper flight? I still want to go but may be forced to drive - not looking forward to an 8 hour drive. (I'd still want two spots on the bus if I drive.)
    use code: QK4XS9 today and it should get you down to 323ish

Ill have to check and see if we can get a bigger bus as the spots are full (actually over full), hadn't heard for a while so figured you were out for the bus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    use code: QK4XS9 today and it should get you down to 323ish

Ill have to check and see if we can get a bigger bus as the spots are full (actually over full), hadn't heard for a while so figured you were out for the bus
    Understood. I know I did not commit to the bus. I will make a decision about flights by the end of today.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do we have a bunch of tickets set aside? Or is everyone just calling in requesting away support section?

Gf and I will be in Chicago that weekend, should be a great game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratven View Post
    So do we have a bunch of tickets set aside? Or is everyone just calling in requesting away support section?

Gf and I will be in Chicago that weekend, should be a great game.
    Talk to louis: lcaruso@chicago-fire.com with the fire and he will set you up. Our group is doing pregame at theory in the loop. If anyone not on the bus wants to join feel free

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I booked my flight with Porter last night. Now to get tickets to the game and a hotel! Looking forward to a weekend away.

Any recommendations on what to see in Chicago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a VERY infrequent poster on here (as you can see by my post count ) but glad to see people from RPB will be in Chicago. I'll be there with a small group as well.

p.s. looking at this I see that I don't have any posts attached to my name- I thought for sure I had at least a few

Anyhow, my name is Jeff, and I've been around with TFC since the outset, know a few people on this board- looking forward to this trip!
    Last edited by teengenerate08; 08-31-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teengenerate08 View Post
    I'm a VERY infrequent poster on here (as you can see by my post count ) but glad to see people from RPB will be in Chicago. I'll be there with a small group as well.

p.s. looking at this I see that I don't have any posts attached to my name- I thought for sure I had at least a few

Anyhow, my name is Jeff, and I've been around with TFC since the outset, know a few people on this board- looking forward to this trip!
    Maybe you had an account on the old board? There were a few iterations before this version.

This sounds like a fun trip but I think I'm going to hold off until the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see so many going to Chicago. I made the trip quite a while back during the Winter era (I even believe Dan Gargan scored against us in that game). Bridgeview is genuinely in the middle of nowhere, but the drive there is easy from downtown Chicago and Toyota park is a nice little stadium to catch a game. The locals are very friendly. I suggest going a bit early and getting in on the ritualistic pre-game tailgating. It's not the best stadium or the best atmosphere in MLS, but your sure to have a good time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone going we still have a spot or two available on the bus to the game. @captian I sent you a PM a little while ago.

Would be $21USD to and from the stadium if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I booked my flight with Porter last night. Now to get tickets to the game and a hotel! Looking forward to a weekend away.

Any recommendations on what to see in Chicago?
    science centre is pretty kick ass, but im a science kid at heart
    museum is beside too, its really good

must do it the architectural river tour. I though Chicago was kinda lame until I took the tour

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone going we still have a spot or two available on the bus to the game. @captian I sent you a PM a little while ago.

Would be $21USD to and from the stadium if anyone is interested.
    Somehow I missed the PM. Yes I would be interested in two spots on the bus. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somehow I missed the PM. Yes I would be interested in two spots on the bus. Thanks
    Cool, pregame is at Theory starting at 2:30 bus leaves around 545 http://www.theorychicago.com/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget, for those that are going:

The cheese popcorn is to DIEfor!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all. I bought a Chicago trip package at the MLSE Gala last year and am bringing my Dad to the game. Not sure where the team has us sitting or even where my Dad will be up for going pre-game (we're meeting a few TFC players pre-game as part of the package), but count 2 more for those at Toyota Park that'll be wearing red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool, pregame is at Theory starting at 2:30 bus leaves around 545 http://www.theorychicago.com/

Is the bus now leaving from Theory instead of Timothy O'Tools?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the bus now leaving from Theory instead of Timothy O'Tools?
    Yep, we had a miss understand with O'Tooles as they wanted a $1,500 min attached to the space.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, we had a miss understand with O'Tooles as they wanted a $1,500 min attached to the space.
    Kind of surprised that O'Tooles tried to attached a min to you guys. They are truly a footy friendly bar as the home of the American Outlaws Chicago. All the US national team watch parties are held there.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Kind of surprised that O'Tooles tried to attached a min to you guys. They are truly a footy friendly bar as the home of the American Outlaws Chicago. All the US national team watch parties are held there.
    We were surprised as well, we had an open bar set up for 25 people for 3 hours and when we got the agreement to sign I had to read the fine print to see the min attached to the space. Worked out to around $60 a person USD which is too much. They offered to remove it after a little back and forth but by then we had found a couple other places offering space, assigned staff and cash and carry which is better for the ones that don't consume as much (although i don't think kings has any of those lol)