Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TG team is putting together one for us at an upcoming game. Look for the announcement soon. No corporate help here, just a bunch rowdy RPB's looking to get a burger for less than $11 before the game. . . and cooking it themselves!
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, at least the booze laws are a little looser. Beyond that, it's not a TG I'd want to attend. It's a corporation taking over what is supposed to be a fun, organic way to meet and talk with people and making money off of it. No thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has to be one of the cheesiest videos I've seen. And that's coming from someone who occasionally tunes in to WWE ...

http://www.argonauts.ca/2016/06/01/a...r-2016-season/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    This has to be one of the cheesiest videos I've seen. And that's coming from someone who occasionally tunes in to WWE ...

Ugh... had douche chills all through it.

In all honestly, as long as I go to my TFC games and not know that a football team ran on the pitch a few days before, I hope it works out for them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But look how much fun those actors/models are having
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The desperation of Tory and Grimes standing around watching some Argo talking head pretend to know what young people like to do in 2016 might already be my fave double blue moment of the year...
    Sure - pay $30+ for a parking spot, roped in so that you can purchase a beer AND bring your own food....that will make CFL a happening event in the city... the entertainment district will be empty on Argo nights with this scheme in place...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    It couldn't be more obvious that it was a paying gig lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    The desperation of Tory and Grimes standing around watching some Argo talking head pretend to know what young people like to do in 2016 might already be my fave double blue moment of the year...
    Sure - pay $30+ for a parking spot, roped in so that you can purchase a beer AND bring your own food....that will make CFL a happening event in the city... the entertainment district will be empty on Argo nights with this scheme in place...
    "From our experience and research, we know that young people in Toronto want to experience things together. It's all about social experiences. It's all about coming together as one. And to be able to do it outside is an incredible opportunity for us as a franchise."

Nowhere does he mention that young people in Toronto want to experience the Argos.

It sounds more like he's describing Trinity-Bellwoods on any given day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post

Wow - even at only 2.5 minutes that shit was hard to get through. If I was ever considering going to one before (which I wasn't) that would definitely keep me away from it.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did people have solo cups when they have to buy beverages, also who the hell uses blue solo cups to drink from? Red solo cups or GTFO (and no that statement has nothing to do with TFC vs Argos)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"From our experience and research, we know that young people in Toronto want to experience things together. It's all about social experiences. It's all about coming together as one. And to be able to do it outside is an incredible opportunity for us as a franchise."

Nowhere does he mention that young people in Toronto want to experience the Argos.

It sounds more like he's describing Trinity-Bellwoods on any given day.
    exactly this.....while their "research" may show that, what it fails to show, or maybe didn't include is that sitting through a 3 hour football game might be a hard sell, especially for example, to a young female population (not making a sexist comment, just a fact that females would probably have less of an understanding of the game) who have no idea what the hell is going on......why sit through a 3 hour game when you can go to any park or patio with your friends and basically do the exact same thing, minus the wasted time to watch the game.....this will fail.....

football is a difficult sport to understand, so unless you're already into it, getting new people on board is not easy......the deal is much different in the US.....its part of the culture there and boys and girls are brought up on it from a very young age, and exposed to it a lot more in high school, college, etc.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$4 dollar piss beer isnt so bad, but thats gonna add up fast if your there all day

that video makes me wanna puke though.

would it be wrong to get a few parking spots, kick the soccer ball around and make portuguese churico on my bbq?
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 06-03-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least they kept it real and hired a group who look like a typical beer-drinking, football- and tailgate-loving crew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also who the hell has cornhole (bean bag toss) board around here?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$4 for a Coors Light is $6 too much. I'd take a Steamwhistle for free though. I think those are not actors but a dance pack.

Mind you......not as bad as the Bump It girls who "love the soccah!" from about 5 years ago. Now that was cheesy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    $4 for a Coors Light is $6 too much. I'd take a Steamwhistle for free though. I think those are not actors but a dance pack.

Mind you......not as bad as the Bump It girls who "love the soccah!" from about 5 years ago. Now that was cheesy.
    Well, they definitely weren't good actors.