Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Um, Section R is in the South Stands. They're nice seats near centre. Usually those are filled with knowledgeable fans, but I guess since they weren't part of the regular season package, they got bought by others. Thanks for the nice comments about the stadium. It looks like they're building additional seating in the one end zone. My seats are usually in the supporters section. I hope you had a chance to get down there and talk to some of them. It was a pretty tactically shrewd move by the club to put the supporters behind the visitor's bench.
    Yes, south. I don't know why, I always get north and south mixed up in Ottawa. Because the water is to the north or something!

Ottawa v Toronto would be a lot of fun for all concerned. Here's hoping.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Ottawa v Toronto would be a lot of fun for all concerned. Here's hoping.
    Though it could result in some divided allegiances for Ottawa based TFC fans.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to go to an Ottawa TFC final. It'll be a good time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best part of playing the fury would be we get the 2nd leg at home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I figure this is a good place to ask: What's the status on Canadian NASL expansion? I heard rumblings of a team in Calgary and Hamilton. I'd be great to see the Voyageurs Cup expand to 7-8 teams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    As a fellow NSS alumni, it meant a lot to me. Hope to see him get even more minutes this season. He looked great last night against Piatti, Oduro and Drogba.
    Ashtone has real strengths and is still young enough that it's reasonable to think he might yet be an MLS starter, and be here for many years to come.

He is, already, quietly, but absolutely, Mr TFC for me.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I figure this is a good place to ask: What's the status on Canadian NASL expansion? I heard rumblings of a team in Calgary and Hamilton. I'd be great to see the Voyageurs Cup expand to 7-8 teams.
    Hamilton seems to be aimed at the Canadian Premier League - which CSA announced as under development at the recent AGM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Premier_League

As far as the Voyageurs Cup expansion, it looks like there will be motion toward an open Cup over the next few years, if the rumours on the V's board are to be believed.

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/t...e-game/?page=4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Though it could result in some divided allegiances for Ottawa based TFC fans.
    Absolutely spot on. Exhibit #1 right here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did JHam get an assist for Osorio's second goal?

I think the commentators got it wrong when they said he "missed" the shot... to me from the angles I saw, he missed on purpose and back heeled it behind himself as if it was a set play.

Anybody got a clear video shot or know if he was in fact given the assist that I think he should get.

TFC website hasn't updated their stats to reflect what happened last night.

Here's the youtube video of the goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_xMwEO5fqM

JHam used his left foot heel to pull the ball back behind him back into the middle of the box. He didn't have a shot, so did the sensible thing.
    Last edited by Alonso; 06-02-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

I think the commentators got it wrong when they said he "missed" the shot... to me from the angles I saw, he missed on purpose and back heeled it behind himself as if it was a set play.

Anybody got a clear video shot or know if he was in fact given the assist that I think he should get.

Here's the youtube video of the goal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_xMwEO5fqM

JHam used his left foot heel to pull the ball back behind him back into the middle of the box. He didn't have a shot, so did the sensible thing.
    I don't think Hamilton back heeled it. You can slow the video down to 0.25 speed and you see the ball change directions before he gets his foot over it. He either kicked it into the defenders leg, or Babouli's pass deflected back to Osorio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Hamilton back heeled it. You can slow the video down to 0.25 speed and you see the ball change directions before he gets his foot over it. He either kicked it into the defenders leg, or Babouli's pass deflected back to Osorio.

Look at second 35 to 39 of the youtube video i posted and tell me what you think.

The ball never touches the Montreal defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I did as you suggested (never knew it was an option) and played it at 0.25 and you're right Jhams missed it and it came off of the defenders heel.

In real time with the naked eye though it looked like he struck out and pulled the ball back with his heel.
    Last edited by Alonso; 06-02-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game for me seems to have signaled a maturation of the Canadian soccer game going forward.

It was an all Canadian finishing performance and the national team coaches would do well to take note.

Babouli, Hamilton, and Osorio work very well together so PLEASE for the love of all, give them a call up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there full game streams of the two semi games available anywhere? Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

where was the keeper going on that?

still love that play from babouli, he was almost triple teamed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ashtone has real strengths and is still young enough that it's reasonable to think he might yet be an MLS starter, and be here for many years to come.

He is, already, quietly, but absolutely, Mr TFC for me.
    When he got his first minutes with CMNT I saw him the next day on the subway and went and chatted him up. At that time there had been some pointless online talk about his background and Jamaica IIRC. A friend of mine played soccer with his dad on a team of Trinis/Jamaicans and I had the impression it might have been a possibility and noted that, asking if he considered playing for anyone else.

He laughed, "Never man - this is my home, and I'm a Toronto boy through and through."

Would be a great story IMO if he is able to stay and get back into a starting XI role.