Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V Cup Semi Game 1 - The Land of Hope for All Who Toil - Impact @ TFC Wed June 1 730

FWIW,

Manning has said this is important.

Vanney has said its important.

Have at it people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can we use tfc 2 players for that game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have seen you can use upto 6 usl/Academy players in the event. They are signed to 4 days tryout contracts to a max of 4 times a year.

I would be surprised to see anyone other than Edward's be apart of the team. Maybe see Q get a start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're weak enough as it is missing 3 DP's. No reason to hold anyone back when the next league games is in 2 weeks.

This is probably our last chance to see Giovinco play CCL football.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    From what I have seen you can use upto 6 usl/Academy players in the event. They are signed to 4 days tryout contracts to a max of 4 times a year.

I would be surprised to see anyone other than Edward's be apart of the team. Maybe see Q get a start
    Well will definately see one of the backup GK, Alex or Q.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Well will definately see one of the backup GK, Alex or Q.
    If we start Bono I will lose my mind... less talented and well not Canadian, but mainly I've never seen him show he wasn't a waste of a draft pick.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If we start Bono I will lose my mind... less talented and well not Canadian, but mainly I've never seen him show he wasn't a waste of a draft pick.
    Till we really see either of them play we are completely sure what the Reds have. GK's take time to develop in a lot of cases. Bono was an All-American in college , Q was signed in a panic after the Frei injury before it was deemed he was not first team ready, thus Freddie Hall was signed. These two basically are the same age and were on different development paths.

Q was commited to a small D2 school in the U.S. before the Reds signed him in the above mentioned panic.

It even took Andre Blake a few seasons to find his footing and grab the starting job for the Union.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Till we really see either of them play we are completely sure what the Reds have. GK's take time to develop in a lot of cases. Bono was an All-American in college , Q was signed in a panic after the Frei injury before it was deemed he was not first team ready, thus Freddie Hall was signed. These two basically are the same age and were on different development paths.

Q was commited to a small D2 school in the U.S. before the Reds signed him in the above mentioned panic.

It even took Andre Blake a few seasons to find his footing and grab the starting job for the Union.
    We have both watched a fair amount of TFC 2 over the past year and a half. I think it's fair to say Q deserves the shot much more than Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't start Seba even if he isn't injured. We're going to drive him out of this league with the trash we expect him to make magic from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this game from 219 with my colleagues. I agree we might not wanna start Giovinco for this one

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember 2 games ago when I thought this match was going to be ours to lose. Now it's a hope for the best. They're on a complete high. We are not.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel oddly indifferent about this series for this year. I usually call for total war and want no quarter given. I guess it is not ours to lose so that matters or perhaps preventing Montreal from winning the league/shield is more important. Let them commit to concacaf cl again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect we play the starters except for Q in net and somebody in instead of Moor.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling the line-up will be like this:

------------------------------------------- ROBERTS -------------------------------------------------

-------- BLOOM ----------------- WILLIAMS ------- ZAVALETA ---------- MORGAN ---------------

----------------------------------------- CHEYROU --------------------------------------------------

-------- DELGADO --------------------- OSORIO ------------------------ CHAPMAN ---------------

--------------------------- ENDOH ------------------- BABOULI ---------------------------------

Then on the bench we will probably reward some of the T2 guys (Raheem Edwards, Skyler Thomas), then the usuals: IRWIN, LOVITZ, HAGGLUND, MORROW, HAMILTON

Its seems like Wednesday may be interesting and terrifying all at the same time.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Count Drew Moor out. His wife is having a baby today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Count Drew Moor out. His wife is having a baby today.
    that would explain why he was so shit last game. I'd be a little distracted if my wife is about to have a baby any second
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no he is jus another ave cb we have on our squad,not much better then zava or williams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why no Seba? thought the injury was not a big deal but maybe I'm not remembering something correctly

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    Vanney said no big deal, but that they would still be re-evaluating until today. If he is even a little bit sore after some training, they would still hold him out (I would believe)
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are all presuming Montreal will field their #1 team, maybe they won't ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    You are all presuming Montreal will field their #1 team, maybe they won't ?
    I don't think we would field our number one team even if all were healthy and not away on nat team duty. Montreal will do the same. It will be a game between the two teams of mostly bench players I think. The second game will be where more first team players will be played if needed to try to secure a win. Seems to be the M.O. for this round of the VCup each year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has to be the only league in the world where Champions League qualifiers are played with reserves.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the Reds preparing today for Wednesday's match vs. Montreal, the USMNT have a day off out in California giving The General a chance to go for a stroll with teammates Brad Guzan and Jermaine Jones at Valley Fair Mall in San Jose.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    This has to be the only league in the world where Champions League qualifiers are played with reserves.
    League MX does the same.

The problem is with timing. Hopefully CONCACAF will change the schedule to something more sensible, now that a Canadian is in charge.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the Reds preparing today for Wednesday's match vs. Montreal, the USMNT have a day off out in California giving The General a chance to go for a stroll with teammates Brad Guzan and Jermaine Jones at Valley Fair Mall in San Jose.

omg that's an awesome photo! Did you take it???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    League MX does the same.

The problem is with timing. Hopefully CONCACAF will change the schedule to something more sensible, now that a Canadian is in charge.
    They qualify through their league though. Sure they play reserves in the group stage once they're in the tournament, but we still need to qualify.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    omg that's an awesome photo! Did you take it???
    No, it can across a facebook group page.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking past how crappy that photo is I suppose we should thank you for reminding how our team is hurting because of that shitty tournament.

I won't waste my ire hoping the US goes out as soon as possible because that would mean paying attention to the US host invitational.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be great if Edwards got a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)