Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad somebody brought up Frings, I remember seeing that and wondering if I had just seen him quit on the team. Gladly it was just frustration over getting hurt as I'm sure this is. Once again we have to shake this TFC PTSD and carry on. If I was Gio I'd be pretty pissed I didn't get to bag the hat trick I dreamed of the last night to give Conte the proverbial finger.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I haven't seen a minute of this game, but there is no way Gio would fake an injury or knowingly do something disrespectful with the armband. There is no way.

He deserves better than this. If he was upset, it was for another reason.

He may be absolutely pissed off with the service he is getting. If so, good, I am glad somebody is.
    He knew the injury happened the second it happened, the trainer took him straight to the locker room. There was no attempt to hang around on the sideline and go back in, his night was none.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Giovinco was injured and took the armband off because he was frustrated he could not continue and nothing else. He is a fierce competitor and hates not being able to contribute due to injury.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 05-28-2016 at 11:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Glad somebody brought up Frings, I remember seeing that and wondering if I had just seen him quit on the team. Gladly it was just frustration over getting hurt as I'm sure this is. Once again we have to shake this TFC PTSD and carry on. If I was Gio I'd be pretty pissed I didn't get to bag the hat trick I dreamed of the last night to give Conte the proverbial finger.
    I'm sure there's a bit of frustration about the whole situation, both Bradley & Altidore gone makes things worse for Giovinco. But yes I wouldn't be surprised if the Italy snub played an expecially big role today. He surely wanted to rack up some more goals & assists in response to the snub, instead he's off injured, hopefully not too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like he's really bonding with Babouli and the fact he was made captain shows his English skills are much better now to be able to communicate with the team. He's fine, probably just frustrated at his lack of scoring lately. Piatti's now tied with him in the Golden Boot race.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do we do this to ourselves?!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He never salutes the supporters. Why would he care about an armband? He's not that kind of player.

I mean that as no disrespect. He's just focused on being his best. The rest be damned. Respecting the armband is really shit he need not worry about. It's something anxious fans worry about.

And if he leaves? It's more seats real supporters can take on the lakeshore terrace. That stand is badly in need of a purge.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post

Seriously... It's like we like to search for frustration and issues. He's passionate and got frustrated anyone who's played sports will know this is normal sure it's not cool he threw the arm band but don't read to much in to it ... It wasn't malicious nor intended to be disrespectful.

Hit it the breaks relax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...I would probably do that too if I had to rely on Chapman, Lovitz and whatever else D league players they surround him with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he meant any disrespect. He was probably frustrated that he got injured. The optics are poor though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The armband itself is not the captain. It's the person who wears it. You should be more concerned of the injury, rather than a mere rubber band.

Did you expect him to fold it up and gently lay it on the ground while being in pain and frustrated?

Making a mountain out of a molehill.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    He never salutes the supporters. Why would he care about an armband? He's not that kind of player.

I mean that as no disrespect. He's just focused on being his best. The rest be damned. Respecting the armband is really shit he need not worry about. It's something anxious fans worry about.

And if he leaves? It's more seats real supporters can take on the lakeshore terrace. That stand is badly in need of a purge.
    He saluted the south the first time he heard us sing his song in game. If he hasn't come over to say hello I'm ok with that one great memory.

Just a clarification.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is another case of anything that can go wrong will. He was given the armband for the efforts he makes on the pitch and not for the experience hence who got it after Seba got injured.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the armband again, or see him come over and clap the fans afterwards, or not.

Passionate players act out. People will wait with baited breathe as to what it means. Let's see how long till he's back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post

Too many highly traumatized legacy members who invested their hearts and souls in the dark old shitty TFC days. They still haven't adapted to the beautiful new team and venue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post

The probably doesn't know it's also the city flag. he probably just felt frustrated and tossed the captains band not knowing the further significance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    The worst thing is not that he doesn't understand the magnitude of the arm band.

Do you honestly think that he doesn't?!?

The worst thing is that he does understand the meaning of throwing the arm band to the ground and did it!

You have stirred the pot in an ad nauseaum, Fox News-esque manner. Now.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys we all have to remember what he is going through. TFC were losing early in that game, he didn't make the Italian national team, and he got hurt. He's got a week to cool down before our next match. He most likely didn't throw the captains band down because he was made at our city or team but because he is mad at himself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an armband, not a sacred artifact. He was angry and frustrated with being injured, and the state of the game. And probably about not getting the call-up.

If he's showing bad signs for the next three weeks, then we can start to wonder. But this? This is a total nothingburger. We gotta stop doing this to ourselves.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    It's an armband, not a sacred artifact. He was angry and frustrated with being injured, and the state of the game. And probably about not getting the call-up.

If he's showing bad signs for the next three weeks, then we can start to wonder. But this? This is a total nothingburger. We gotta stop doing this to ourselves.
    Exactly my point

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    You have stirred the pot in an ad nauseaum, Fox News-esque manner. Now.....
    All things look different with the light of day. This thread was an immediate reaction and one can see a progression of calmer heads prevailing. No need to turn this into a personal controversy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    The armband itself is not the captain. It's the person who wears it. You should be more concerned of the injury, rather than a mere rubber band.

Did you expect him to fold it up and gently lay it on the ground while being in pain and frustrated?

Making a mountain out of a molehill.
    Well put my friend, well put

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post

You nailed it Shakes!! Well said!!
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco: 'I'd choose Toronto again'

http://www.football-italia.net/85112...-toronto-again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We lost, he was probably frustrated, people stop jumping to the worst conclusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I haven't seen a minute of this game, but there is no way Gio would fake an injury or knowingly do something disrespectful with the armband. There is no way.

He deserves better than this. If he was upset, it was for another reason.

He may be absolutely pissed off with the service he is getting. If so, good, I am glad somebody is.
    I think he was pissed that his foot got stepped on twice in tackles without the ref acknowledging it. Then he hurts a muscle when we're a goal down, and he's been on a cold streak. Add all that to already being pissed off about Conte, and he just looked upset, not "I hate this league" upset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post

This.

Calm down ffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll put it down to a bad end to a frustrating week for him. You could compare it to the team's reaction after he went off. It was like they collectively gave up. Now I don't believe that to be true any more than Séba was showing disrespect by tossing the armband. (It doesn't even have the club crest on it, does it? I thought it was the city of Toronto logo - maybe he's had enough of City's taxes?)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post

Proven right AGAIN.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy smokes, some serious knee jerk over reaction goin' on, lol.

He slammed the soul of our beloved city towards the ground!!! Oh dear

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think everyone can chill out after watching this Seba interview:

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/05...tian-giovinco?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto