Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Haven't they already signed a DP? Figured if you were bringing in a high profile coach you would wait for his input before making major personnel decisions.
    There is a rumor that they have approached (or agreed a pre-contract depending on who you listen to) Mexican international Andres Guardado currently at PSV. This would be a big signing, and expensive - AU/MLS would have to pay a transfer fee to PSV.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home Depot money goes a long way apparently.

Still...playing on turf in a downsized NFL stadium. With a cruddy name their supporters didn't want. Looking forward to beating the crap out of em next season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/us/featur...utm_m_medium=t

For the tactics nerds. 4-2-3-1 formation in MLS
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    There is a rumor that they have approached (or agreed a pre-contract depending on who you listen to) Mexican international Andres Guardado currently at PSV. This would be a big signing, and expensive - AU/MLS would have to pay a transfer fee to PSV.
    Which would be a 2nd since they already Villalba from San Lorenzo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Kenwyne Jones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not a DP though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh, thanks, I didn't realize. I didn't pay too much attention to his signing, I just figured with all his Premier League experience he would be a DP.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we are losing the Star beat reporter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest salary numbers released by the union: http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Sep...0By%20Club.pdf

Ricketts on 81k and Cooper on 193k. Good job to Bez, assuming those are accurate.

Also compared to the mid-season numbers, Cheyrou went from 259k to 159k, and Zavaleta from 140k to 124k. Never understood why some numbers change mid-season while most don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper would be at 380K for a full year, ah no thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We added Kantari mid-season last year and his salary seemed to be reported at the full amount (345k). Unless you really believe Bez signed him for 690k a year, lol.

Cooper's spent his whole career at relatively smaller clubs, there's no way any GM would sign him for that much money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    We added Kantari mid-season last year and his salary seemed to be reported at the full amount (345k). Unless you really believe Bez signed him for 690k a year, lol.

Cooper's spent his whole career at relatively smaller clubs, there's no way any GM would sign him for that much money.
    I honestly don't know anymore, I thought adding someone half way meant half the cap hit based on their next years full salary.

This is a loan so there is no next year, so that really could be his full, as for Kantari, I'm pretty sure you cant sign a guy for 6 months, yikes if they gave him 690K, more likely it was front loaded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I honestly don't know anymore, I thought adding someone half way meant half the cap hit based on their next years full salary.
    It does, but these numbers aren't budget charges on the cap, they're salaries. The way the salaries are reported has never been properly explained, but we do know these numbers aren't representative of cap charges. If I were to guess, Cooper's salary is 193k, but for salary cap purposes he's counting for half of that this season. Same I would imagine as Kantari and Gomez last year, who were both on sizeable contracts, but there's no way we had the cap space to add both of their full hits last year, let alone double what was reported for them.

For Kantari we used our one free off-season buyout allowed by the league to clear his contract off our cap (he's probably still being paid what he's owed by MLSE according to the buyout, it's just not counting against our cap).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-s...9959-preview-1

Osorio returns to the national team. Ricketts and Hamilton also called in.

Johnson and Chapman were called but they pulled out as they're still recovering from injury.

We have a bye week during the international break so unless someone picks up a knock, no one should be missing any league games over this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Now that Bradley has taken over at Swansea, I expect to hear rumours of Sigi ending up at Villa in the near future!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schmid living in LA right now is a big hint.

He's lined up for LAFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA has been his home forever.

He didn't just up sticks to LA to wait for the LAFC job after getting sacked. He grew up in SoCal and got his break coaching UCLA.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 10-04-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESPN picked up the MTL vs TFC and Portland v Colorado matches as their flex selections for Wk 33. Doing a doubleheader broadcast.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey All

I'm going to San Jose to watch an Earhquakes game - where should I stay? we are only there for a night and then heading to LA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the field is right beside the airport so....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well the field is right beside the airport so....
    We are driving in and driving out. I saw the airport was right there - I know in Toronto the airport area is pretty shitty and nowhere near anything, except the rippers of course, I just assumed most cities have the same shitty setup around their airports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Send a pm to Don gagliani. He's a quakes supporter. If he checks his pm that is.

Or ask on big soccer quakes forum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley somehow got the Swansea job...what a joke...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Bob Bradley somehow got the Swansea job...what a joke...

Because picking the next guy up in the assembly line of mediocre English managers who will be fired in a year is a better option?

He has a history of overachieving with the squads given to him and building a roster on a budget. He's worked with MLS 1.0 era depth players as well as international quality players, worked in multiple different sporting environments and navigated extremely difficult off-field situations with poise. And He's has quantifiable success everywhere he's gone.

Giving Bradley a shot isn't any less risky than bringing in whatever manager with 'big league experience' they could have reasonably gotten. Best case scenario his ceiling is a lot higher than those other managers, worst case scenario they stay the course and get relegated anyway and either let him rebuild the team or start over in division two. They don't have a lot to lose.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people stop giving Neil Warnock a job, then that country has turned a corner and gotten over hiring guys because they did good for 3 weeks once in their career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people stop giving Neil Warnock a job, then that country has turned a corner and gotten over hiring guys because they did good for 3 weeks once in their career.
    Neil Warnock, one of the old school characters still making a living. Did a great job last season keeping Rotherham up. This is a short term appt, has to be, he even said last yr after keeping Rotherham up against the odds, that he wanted one more season. Guys like him are old style football men, he's tied for the record for most promotions with 7, so he's to promotions what Allardyce is to fighting relegation. Guys like him and Big Sam get jobs as they do what they say on the tin. Unless Big sam is banned from football, there will be clubs come Jan looking for him to get them to keep them in pl. Same with guys like Puils. Warnock will come in abd solidify, he'll rattle a few feathers, Cardiff should not be where they are right now esp with the squad they have. There's too much money in the game these days that chairmen will appt safe choices instead of being brave and making riskier choices. I mean the Cardiff job was perfect for Giggs, it's his hometown, he'd automatically give them exposure in Asia due to his connections to Utd. Hed definetly play an attacking style of football but he's untried and that scares chairmen unfortunately, sad but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I saw on Twitter someone mentioned they had tickets in the temp stand in the south end for the Centennial classic at BMO. I had no clue what that was(I'm not a hockey fan) so Googled it. I then decided to take a look on Stub Hub to check ticket prices....oh my god they are unbelievable. The cheapest tickets I found were in the temp stand for $174US each. I continued to scroll through as the prices increased. Section 116 row 12 for $1499US each!!!!. And the highest priced tickets.....sec 108 row 5 for an absolute steal at $5555US each lol.
    For any other non hockey fans who may not know what this game is, it's a regular season outdoor game Leafs vs Red Wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No coverage in Canada of the biggest game in Concacaf - including TFC's two key players? Any streams out there?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howard out with a groin pull and Jones playing really bad. The boy wonder Pulisic playing awful too - massive touches and bad crosses.

Of course the narrative on US soccer twitter will be Bradley and Jozy suck.

Just don't get injured guys.