Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm gonna wait for the 24 hours before celebrating but this IS a consolation. For now. Phew. Exhale.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I have every reason to be all worked up, I been supporting pro soccer in Toronto since the Toronto Metros in the 70's I expect better than the same old crap year after year, some of you guys don't seem to care too much about the result as long as there is a place to go drink with friends at BMO at each home game and have fun, what you fail to realize is that eventually people will stop coming out and this club will go the way of the Metros and the Blizzard and our beloved Argos will finally have BMO all too themselves.
    So we should stop making the best of it and then people won't stop coming out and the club will stay forever? Is this a proven study?

And let it be known anyone who's read here over the course of a month knows you've been watching since the beginning. The term "same old crap" makes one look like they don't know the difference from year to year. We have not had 9 golden boot winners.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    TFC have been an excellent team at many times this season. A treat to watch. This game they were terrible from the start - Vanney is culpable, and Moor had a stinker - but they are a good competent team, a pleasure to watch and well worth supporting.
    Thank you, I agree 100 percent, we had a stinker of a game, shit happens, let the knee jerk reactions settle into dust, be pissed but the constant witch hunting makes me want to be ill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be the optimism of the morning after.. but I am not devastated today.
    Calling back the penalty kick was a cruel and unusual ref call. Yet TFC kept pounding away.
    Moor scores on that open header and TFC could have been back in the game.
    BW-P is on a hot streak. TFC need a player of that quality to make Giovinco the happiest man in red and grey..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,

Can someone please point me to where I can find the recorded game?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Hey guys,

Can someone please point me to where I can find the recorded game?

Thanks
    it comes with a large warning label.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The amount of hyperbole in this thread is rather comical. "If we didn't have our best player...."

If you took the best player off any MLS team of course it goes downhill. But tell me a starting 11 with our keeper, back four, Johnson, Alitodre, and Bradley isn't much? It's more than reasonable in the grande scheme of things.

Our issues are squad depth and creative industry coming from the midfield. With our injuries / call-ups the weaknesses are amplified. But it more likely means we're not competing for MLS cup rather than looking at the outside in on the playoffs.

Let's see how we continue to play over the next stretch before jumping off the bridge. I am more annoyed than suicidal over this run of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was an absolutely terrible ref call. Completely unnecessary and spoiled the second half. There might have been a possibility of a fight back if the perfectly good goal stood.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    It might be the optimism of the morning after.. but I am not devastated today.
    Calling back the penalty kick was a cruel and unusual ref call. Yet TFC kept pounding away.
    Moor scores on that open header and TFC could have been back in the game.
    BW-P is on a hot streak. TFC need a player of that quality to make Giovinco the happiest man in red and grey..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    That was an absolutely terrible ref call. Completely unnecessary and spoiled the second half. There might have been a possibility of a fight back if the perfectly good goal stood.
    It was an interesting call but the correct one. There were about 8 guys inside the box when the kick was taken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It was an interesting call but the correct one. There were about 8 guys inside the box when the kick was taken.
    Yes and no. The encroachment was led by the red bulls player. That means a redo if we do not score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest take away was how much we need Bradley, both skill wise and for his leadership.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robles went off his line before the second kick was taken, if we're going for that "perfect" PK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Moore

And Moore bad on the 3rd goal.
    Moore at fault for all three goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Moore at fault for all three goals.

Moor. Moore was released.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Moor. Moore was released.
    Yeah I know, in the blind mist of "WTF ARE YOU DOING!" I typed the extra e.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come to appreciate what a well balanced team NYRB is, especially at midfield. Having said that, I was hoping for a better showing despite the absence of a veteran presence like Bradley or Cheyrou. Some of the substitutions were baffling.. I mean how you replace Giovinco with Morgan when you have Hamilton, Zavaleta and even Hagglund on the bench (the latter two have played striker and are more built for the position when chasing the game). Speaking of Hamilton, I thought he looked okay. Had a couple of close attempts on goal but otherwise was contained. It's not exactly an ideal scenario for him to be thrown into to gain MLS experience though, so I won't judge his relative invisibility too harshly... yet.

Oh yeah, and great seeing a few of you at Joe's. To think after 10 years that was my first time there for an away game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought Morgan looked quite good and added some energy to the team. Never thought I'd say this, but wouldn't mind seeing more often, especially after some rough patches from Morrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I actually thought Morgan looked quite good and added some energy to the team. Never thought I'd say this, but wouldn't mind seeing more often, especially after some rough patches from Morrow.
    I thought the same. I know his game is fairly basic, but besides the speed, he seems to be the only player on the left that can actually put a decent cross in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When everyone is fit we have a pretty good starting 11. Have we forgotten is was only 5 weeks ago this team went to Montreal and played them off the field for 90 mins?

The problem is when injuries occur or guys disappear on international duty that this roster's complete lack of depth is exposed and that's on Bezbatchenko.

Red Bulls were coming into the game off the back of a 7-0 win, were at home and BWP is scoring for fun right now. We were missing our 3 DP's for most of the game(Seba went off at 1-0) if we had taken a point from the game under those circumstances it would of been a success

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year, our starting eleven sucked (including our DP's). This year they're among the leagues elite. Now we're complaining our B team sucks? One step at a time folks, our depth players haven't had as much playing time this year, they'll get there. Vanney's doing an okay job this year, let's not blow up the ship when it's moving in the right direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fans gotta complain (Julian)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I'm gonna wait for the 24 hours before celebrating but this IS a consolation. For now. Phew. Exhale.

UPDATED 30 minutes ago http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/05...-injury-status

Seba had a scan done, results to come out tonight or tomorrow morning at latest.