Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 13 - I'll Be With You In the Hour - TFC @ NYRB Sat May 28 7 pm

Have at It People
    Last edited by ChrisFizik; 05-27-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: ftfy, and shocked it was Sub Focus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rest anyone that's not 100%, give Chapman another undeserved start. We have a bigger game on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Rest anyone that's not 100%, give Chapman another undeserved start. We have a bigger game on Wednesday.
    He's soooo not ready. I don't think they even know what his best position is yet. Given how often he was left trying to figure out what was going on -- right up to marking the man standing right in front of him, at one point -- I think it maybe does more harm than good at this point. He needs more USL time or a loan.

Lovitz on the other hand has really come along.

Why haven't we seen Edwards yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that our 2 best young canadian mids play for tfc 2.edwards and johnson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He's soooo not ready. I don't think they even know what his best position is yet. Given how often he was left trying to figure out what was going on -- right up to marking the man standing right in front of him, at one point -- I think it maybe does more harm than good at this point. He needs more USL time or a loan.

Lovitz on the other hand has really come along.

Why haven't we seen Edwards yet?
    Agree, I would consider giving Chapman a permanent loan to TFC II. As for Edwards, he needs an MLS contract first. I'm curious if they're considering it. It kind of depends on whether we plan to make any moves to shore up our attacking depth (as in trades or transfers). I think he's been better for TFC II this year than Babouli was last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman deserves some patience. He looked very good in the TFC II matches I watched last year, and he wouldn't be up if the club hadn't seen that themselves.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapman is a backup right now. He's behind Osorio, Delgado and Endoh. If two of them are available, Chapman won't play. Its good he's gotten minutes that he can learn from. We'll see if he can apply those lessons in the Voyageurs.

This is going to be the same approach as we did in the first game - absorb and counter. Only difference is Cheyrou moves into the Bradley role. As much as some would like us to focus on the Voyageur's, thats not going to happen.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-24-2016 at 06:05 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's win 8-nil for Pirlo.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Let's win 8-nil for Pirlo.
    In the interests of creating maximum chaos in the league, please Soccer Gods, let this happen.

1-1 draw? Eehhhh that's ok too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco Babouli
    Osorio Cheyrou Johnson Delgado
    Morrow Perquis Moor Beitashour
    Irwin

Subs: Endoh, Lovitz, Morgan, Chapman, Williams, Zavaleta, Roberts

Still the front 6 is not the best without our two Americans, however it looks better than the lineup we put out the last couple matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping that the reason Williams has been getting all these minutes lately is because we have some interest in him and teams wanted to see him perform. Sadly he got injured and we're still stuck with a glut of defenders.

All in all, glad to see Perquis back. Between him, Bradley and Cheyrou we have guys that can lob a great ball over to Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Cheyrou was not ready maybe Chris Mannella would have gotten a run in the defensive mid position. He has looked pretty consistent in that position for TFC2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to be a very tough game this. Not only are the Soft Drinks on a good run of form, they haven't been weakened by International call ups (I really thought Littlefinger would be in the US squad, but what do I know)

i fancy Vanney might revert to 4-5-1 for this game, but I still wonder if we have the quality to come away from New Jersey with anything. I hope Cheyrou is fit enough and can take Bradley's spot, but it could be a game too early. Right now I'd happily take a point from this game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls finally got their CB pairing sorted which has been their biggest problem so far this season.

With TFC having so many question marks in the midfield, it will be tougher than TFC's first trip to RBA this season
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably obvious, but I am new to the forum and can't find it. What is the best way to purchase tickets in the away supporters section for this game?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evthu View Post
    This is probably obvious, but I am new to the forum and can't find it. What is the best way to purchase tickets in the away supporters section for this game?
    calling @jcplante
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW

I look at this midfield and Red Bulls will just run over them. No depth at subs either. Going to be a rough game.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Vanney said Cheyrou would be in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would probably go with Mannella over Chapman and start with 2 DM's with Oso central infront of them. Later in the game bring in chapman if we need an attacking option.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping its Cheyrou or Delgado over Chapman.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I look at this midfield and Red Bulls will just run over them. No depth at subs either. Going to be a rough game.
    Really? I dunno. I'm not all that worried. I guess Chapman and Babouli still have the jury out on them, sure. And yeah, we've got limited options on the bench, but nothing I'm seeing here makes me want to throw in the towel, even when you consider Red Bull's crazy game against NYCFC last weekend.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-26-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Really? I dunno. I'm not all that worried. I guess Chapman and Babouli still have the jury out on them, sure. And yeah, we've got limited options on the bench, but nothing I'm seeing here makes me want to throw in the towel, even when you consider Red Bull's crazy game against NYCFC last weekend.
    We don't consistently play well against teams using high press. NYRB defenders will swarm Giovinco, esp now that they sorted out their CB situation. TFC midfield this Sat don't pass the ball well enough, esp with a lot of rookies and Will Johnson will have to carry the midfield while also doing the DM duty.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely a loss this is an easy game to predict this could get ugly 4-0 NYRB .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet we win this 1-0 miraculously. Every game I though tfc should have won easily (Colorado, whitecaps, nyc , columbus) we ended up dropping points. Maybe luck will favour us for a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 win. Mo will get his first goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I bet we win this 1-0 miraculously. Every game I though tfc should have won easily (Colorado, whitecaps, nyc , columbus) we ended up dropping points. Maybe luck will favour us for a change.
    You have a point there and I am sure many of us had the same predictions you had. Just shows you nothing is impossible on any given day in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't see us winning this, 3-0 loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MO will have a good game, hes progresing. Endoh i dont feel has progressed much since arriving, how do you fix consistency?

Chapmans orders better be to run yourself into the ground and then at half sub in cheyrou. I am not impressed with his effort the last couple of games