Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Id also like to submit all this as evidence that drumming which isnt coordinated, kills chants.
    I agree.
    And without offending anybody, people that don't have experience drumming, or are rhythmically untalented, shouldn't be allowed to drum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I agree.
    And without offending anybody, people that don't have experience drumming, or are rhythmically untalented, shouldn't be allowed to drum.
    Agree with a slight caveat that at times you need to get new people involved and the only way to get experience is to do it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's tough to drum and capo when chants are being sped up and slown down randomly. I've been on the drum the last two games with both Wowza and Fizik the last two games and numerous times during both games, we'd look at each other and throw are hands in the air trying to figure out what time 114 was chanting at. It's a work in progress. Some improvements are needed. They'll get done. Shirtless dude (forget his name) in 114 is a huge help. But I think some sort of telecommunications between us and them will help alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why the capos aren't wearing headsets to co-ordinate the chants?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    I don't understand why the capos aren't wearing headsets to co-ordinate the chants?
    It gets too loud at times, the capos (often under the influence) can't distinguish between crowd vs headset.

one thing I've suggested before is getting a louder megaphone, or speakers that face the south stand why capos holding mics.
    Last edited by Ivy; 05-23-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets too loud at times, the capos (often under the influence) can't distinguish between crowd vs headset.

one thing I've suggested before is getting a louder megaphone, or speakers that face the south stand why capos holding mics.
    A worthy investment to be sure.

It would be really great to have a bridging presence in 113. Can we get a drum there? a few bodies to act as go betweens? I know most people like to sit where they sit but I think it would help.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either sounds doable why not rent something from long and mcquade to try the speaker idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to get everyone to agree, figure out what system works best for the capos and get approval from the front office but it could be doable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I can wear a headset plugged into a walkie talkie during concerts, raves, etc... while working security and hear my team including security, the bartenders, owner, etc.... Capos can for sure hear each other clearly as well as the crowd.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    So is the concensus that the random drumming at the top of 118 is detracting from the atmosphere? Also are people 100% sure that it's not TRN
    Yes. The south end should just be for supporter chanting.
    The random drummers can be move to another part of the stadium where the FO feels there is a "less of" an atmosphere. But definitely not the south end where we are trying to expand and unify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    So is the concensus that the random drumming at the top of 118 is detracting from the atmosphere? Also are people 100% sure that it's not TRN
    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What makes me think it's not TRN is that they are just playing bongos. There are no steel drums which are a staple of TRN. Not sure what could be done about it, I assume they have permission to be there, you could not just walk into BMO with the type of drums they have.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well I'm certain on the second part but I'm just some random guy on the internet.

Clues & Observations

1. Not the same people as the last few years. (Ethnically different group) Younger too.
    2. All the instruments are exactly the same, again not like past instrumentation. (They sound Brazilian actually)
    3. None of them smile. They look like they are at a gig helping to pay for their tuition. (Admittedly I haven't looked at them on the few occasions we have scored at home)
    4. They play the same stuff at the same time of the game.
    5. They are going through 3B.

If you find somebody who has had a seat at the top of 118 or 119 since day 1, they'd be able to confirm the first 2 points.

You need more then me to go by on all this but I would be asking a question of clarification as to "Who are those guys?" They sound new, and controlled. Maybe ask how to integrate?

As for detracting, I'm sure you'd get different opinions. Seen security people taking pictures fascinated with it all.
    They are not TRN. TRN was there for the first game then these guys showed up. Given their colours I believe they are Iranian drummers (for Beitashour?) and beat to their own rhythm. They pick it up when there's an intense moment for TFC but they are not in line with anyone. I'm at the top of 116 and they just kill anything that's moving east to west chant wise, and drown out the Kings just below me. If they were in time with the other groups it would be fantastic as they are good. Maybe they should hit the beer garden.

Dom

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louder megaphone for sure. Many times I can't even hear it from the top of the south.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 05-23-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sit up in the second deck above the supporters sections. Love the atmosphere you guys create, however at the game on Saturday, it did seem that you and U Sector were working at cross purposes. Usually, you all work together and the sound is amazing but there were several times on Saturday when you were out of sync and it diminished the overall effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    A worthy investment to be sure.

It would be really great to have a bridging presence in 113. Can we get a drum there? a few bodies to act as go betweens? I know most people like to sit where they sit but I think it would help.
    I back this idea. I usually sit in 113 with my buddies and are very involved in the songs. However, I think that in order to get the 'tourists' involved, we will need more bodies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to say this, but lack of singing on many occasions this year has been from 113 which seperrates 112 from singing along with 114, the gap makes it harder to be united singing as 1. I am not saying 113 doesn't sing at all, but many in 113 are not joining in as often as I would like.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must be going deaf or maybe crazy, because I stand in the thick of things in 112 and really thought the game against Columbus was one of our worst for participation and overall atmosphere. I'm guessing the roof has helped the elevate the overall experience all across the stadium; but as I mentioned in the home opener thread, even at the first home game of the season I felt the area around us was subdued. Not dead, mind you. Maybe it's just me, it's just that when I think of how loud it got in the first few seasons - and even a couple of games in more recent years, I just think we're a little bit quieter and a bit less in-sync with the others around us.

Again, this is all just my observation. I think I might be in the minority here, but yeah... make of it what you will. 114 is killing us when it comes to generating sound and atmosphere. I'd like to see us go back to the old days where we had a bit of a friendly rivalry with U-Sector as to who could sing and cheer the loudest - in fact, that's probably why our back-and-forth songs to 114 are probably my favourites right now.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-24-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can say on Saturday (I was drumming on 116) one thing that definitely helped was I spotted the drummer in 114 and saw the stick go up and that's how I timed my beat...once I got his timing it was easy for me to time the beats along with it.

Another suggestion that might help (not sure how feasible) might be to have the drummer(s) on the sidelines so that everyone can go along with him/her to co-ordinate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say that the tribal/brazilian drummmers last game sounded great on tv, they added some good atmosphere and could be heard throughout the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBenjabi View Post
    I can say on Saturday (I was drumming on 116) one thing that definitely helped was I spotted the drummer in 114 and saw the stick go up and that's how I timed my beat...once I got his timing it was easy for me to time the beats along with it.

Another suggestion that might help (not sure how feasible) might be to have the drummer(s) on the sidelines so that everyone can go along with him/her to co-ordinate.
    Visual cues helps to coordinate. There are chants with certain actions that people can clue into what chant is being sung by an another section and time into it.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I hate to say this, but lack of singing on many occasions this year has been from 113 which seperrates 112 from singing along with 114, the gap makes it harder to be united singing as 1. I am not saying 113 doesn't sing at all, but many in 113 are not joining in as often as I would like.
    One thing that's apparent from my seats is that 114 is full before the players' warmup is done. They're already warm to the task while the rest of the south is still filling.

Midweek and then the moved start won't have helped.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I have new SSH at the top of 110. The drummers (it looked like one man and a woman taking in turns) do look like they rare trying to sync with 112 drums sometimes. The problem seems to be that they can't time the drums properly and it seems out of sync. The *drum drum*clap* yesterday was always a beat behind 112, and then it sounded rough. Otherwise they don't seem to be part of any group, it looks like a random couple of people hitting a drum on their own volition.

The drums at the top of 110 are always out of sync with 112. Great guys and koodos to them for trying to create an atmosphere up there, but it really makes for a disjointed experience for those below them who hear both their drums and the south. It's impossible for the section to sync with either group.

Sitting in 110 - we also get a birds eye view of the south.
    Inebriatti are definitely leading the charge this year. Thier sound is more together and louder than the rest IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    The drums at the top of 110 are always out of sync with 112. Great guys and koodos to them for trying to create an atmosphere up there, but it really makes for a disjointed experience for those below them who hear both their drums and the south. It's impossible for the section to sync with either group.

Sitting in 110 - we also get a birds eye view of the south.
    Inebriatti are definitely leading the charge this year. Thier sound is more together and louder than the rest IMO.
    Ya I'm sitting at the top of 110 as well and the drumming throws me off big time. To the point a lot of people around me stop chanting. It's like they are drumming to another song and everyone gives up out of confusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBenjabi View Post

Is it possible to have a few of the drummers sit together? It would travel through the stadium just as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    Gotta say that the tribal/brazilian drummmers last game sounded great on tv, they added some good atmosphere and could be heard throughout the field.
    Sure.....have it come from the North patio so that it doesn't mess with the South.

8 possibly paid for by MLSE drummers should not take precedence over the supporters section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be of huge help if the drums came down to row 1 or 2 for better co-ordination with the capo. When everyone is jumping or something the visual connection between the capo and the drummer is easily broken. Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostKiller View Post
    Ya I'm sitting at the top of 110 as well and the drumming throws me off big time. To the point a lot of people around me stop chanting. It's like they are drumming to another song and everyone gives up out of confusion.

This happens at the top of 112 and in 113 every time we hear 2 chants at once. There is no point, and everyone just wonders what the hell is going on.

It's great that 114 is loud, it's great the coordination is starting, but it seems like shared chants are the only thing that seem to work. Having all groups singing at the same time is like a 20% percent success rate at this point. Even when we are on the same song, the delay is painful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to the guys in 111 around me and one of them mentioned maybe having the 112 capo stand in the gap between the two sections. I know way back when we in 111 did have a stand. No way could we support our own now but this might be a way to get some better cohesion going in the corner (besides The Massive and some others). Visually and psychologically it creates more of a boundary. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Yup, 113 is dead. It's a shame that we have these gaps between all the different supporters groups. Kings in 116, Inebriatti 114, RPB 112.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pardon my ignorance in this as I'm not involved whatsoever, but have the Capos' never met to discuss coordinating chants, or purchasing headsets so that they can lead their sections to align with the others?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Yup, 113 is dead. It's a shame that we have these gaps between all the different supporters groups. Kings in 116, Inebriatti 114, RPB 112.
    Does U-Sector no longer exist in 113?