Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The crowd sounds good so far today. Clear chants coming through on the feed and the commentators mentioned that, in their first match at BMO Field since the renovation, you can really hear the difference the roof makes.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been in 112 since 2007 and over all the years the main issue we have today, and have always had, is with the south End different supporter groups have never chanted/ or sang together and have never been united for most of probably just about every match at BMO field.

114 starts a song, and then no one in 112 join in, so after about 15 seconds of listening to 114 sing we all of a sudden start our own song, even tho I could clearly hear 114 singing. This also happens the other way such as 112 and 111 get a good chant going and all of a sudden 114 start chanting a completely different song.

This is nothing new, this happened with 113,112,111, 114....doesn't matter, we have all never been well united. Sometimes it has been because we clearly can't hear the other supporters singing clearly, the fact that there is a delay and by the time the chants reaches across the south end the timing is off or the group that started the chant have been chanting for 25 seconds and now stopped while the other end is only just started or the fact that sometimes 1 section wants to sing 1 thing and the other section decides they don't want to sing the same song and rather sing a different song. Other issues can also be sometimes 1 supporter group is singing a song that another supporter group doesn't know all the lyrics or the song just has never caught on well with the supporters in that area. When we do sing all together (which only happens a few times in a game) its great. But we have really struggled to unite together since day 1. Capos try to unite us, but even them also sometimes clearly start there own song or chanting that has nothing to do with another group near by that has already started a chant.

This is not pointing any fingers at any specific supporters, capos or anyone, all supporter groups have done it and continue to do it, and all capos have done it at some point. Overall our atmosphere is loud, and one of the better ones in MLS. I think the roof has helped a bit. The chants sometimes are louder and more clear this year. However if we could actually Unite the South End and all supporters better our atmosphere would go to another level, how to do it tho? I have no idea.
    Last edited by james; 05-21-2016 at 06:37 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did my ears deceive me or did a TFC stomp start in the west in the second half and got taken up by the south?

That and the hand clap is going to catch on around the field. I only suggest not doing it during their corner kick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in 117, the Kings in 116 usually are always trying to sync up with the other supporters groups but the drummers at the top of 118 drown everything out.

If the drummers could followed along it would be great but instead it appears they just want make random noise.

Perhaps the team could relocate them to the North beer garden which could be a positive move for all and help get 117 and 118 involved in the group chants, sings, etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not mistaken, those are paid for drummers, not Tribal Rhythms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, those are paid for drummers, not Tribal Rhythms.
    which should make it easier to move them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was great to hear a chant start-up in the upper west side seats sometime in the second half. Sounded like it caught on and spread around the field. Also, I thought today the coordination was was great along the entire south stands at times. There were a couple moments that everyone was on the same word or note, and were all clapping at the same time. I was in 121, and it did sound good. Nice job to everyone involved in coordinating that! The arms up and clap one is cool too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good day today. First ten rows of 114 went strong for 90 minutes. The rest may as well sit down.

I think if we want to take things to the next level we should consider copying what they're doing in Chicago

Full drum kit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    this picture LOL. "mens luge doubles" i'm crying over here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere was really, really good for extended periods of time today when the capos coordinated together. Being a little further up in 113, the sound resonates off the canopy big time.

Some serious potential now that I'm seeing multiple capos stretched across the south stand.

JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday's game was really great. I found that all the Capos were working together well and we had some great back and forth chants with the Inebriatti. I agree with some of the posts above that as we continue to host games, we will get better. The coordination though was really well done and I thought it was a lot louder then the last two matches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely some delays yesterday.

More effort on cooperation (which is absolutely encouraging) than ive seen in a while but there were more than a few hiccups on syncing up.

Ill say again, the drum was deafining. When people dont sing at the bottom, all you hear is the drum and cant pick up the chant.

113 was pretty dead at times so that didnt help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't at yesterday's game, so I can't comment on the delays. But I've had to say in the first three games the sound from the south and surrounding has improved. I sit over in 110 and there is a noticeable increase in the volume from the south. There is also a constant "buzz" of volume all around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can second that "buzz". I was in the first few rows of 205 yesterday, there's no doubt the roof keeps a lot of sound in. I just wish we'd scored because it would've been really impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the NYCFC match from home on Weds, I can vouch for the fact that 'Happened Without Warning' sounded beautiful with the acoustics of the roof and coordination of everyone in the south. Being in 112 yesterday, there was a lot of good coordination between 112 and 114 as well - hopefully thats a trend going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has never sounded better at BMO. I've really enjoyed this 4 game home stand, from a supporters perspective.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have really enjoyed the first four games at BMO too. Visually it has looked amazing, the chants are definitely getting a benefit from the roof. From where I watch most of the games from over 119 you can hear and feel it from across the south end. Man this season has really been a rebirth of the TFC experience. Great to see the crowds overall back in the stadium. Its only going to get better as everyone gets a feel for it and make the most of it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    I'm in 117, the Kings in 116 usually are always trying to sync up with the other supporters groups but the drummers at the top of 118 drown everything out.

If the drummers could followed along it would be great but instead it appears they just want make random noise.

Perhaps the team could relocate them to the North beer garden which could be a positive move for all and help get 117 and 118 involved in the group chants, sings, etc.
    Do people in 117 try and follow along with kings? If so can you guys hear what is going on? I can never tell how far up the sound projects.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Do people in 117 try and follow along with kings? If so can you guys hear what is going on? I can never tell how far up the sound projects.
    FWIW, I can hear you in 221. No idea what happens under that umbrella but the sound does seem to be travelling out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    FWIW, I can hear you in 221. No idea what happens under that umbrella but the sound does seem to be travelling out.
    Not sure how the acoustics work, was once told that when we were in 127 we could be heard clearly in 115 and on the east side but was hard to hear in the south part of 126.

Good to know we can be heard in 221. Do any of the songs ever catch on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of us do but the drummers truly drown out whats going on. The King's capo has a bullhorn, but's not very effective.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how the acoustics work, was once told that when we were in 127 we could be heard clearly in 115 and on the east side but was hard to hear in the south part of 126.

Good to know we can be heard in 221. Do any of the songs ever catch on?
    Depends if 120 and 219/220 pick them up. Its more then last season for sure.

That and, to be honest, the upper West really really prefers to make the earth move with a good stomp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the south stand but the drum at the top of 110 is more out of sync than ever. It's like they're on an entirely different clock up there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bongo brigade in the SW corner are just the most pointless presence on the south end. Absolute buzz killers for fans on the west side of the south end and well up the west side. The chants and songs from the south end are the heartbeat of the stadium. Why would you want to stifle it?

Maybe that's what MLSE want. Using them as a strategic white noise to stop the rowdiness from spreading too far. Putting them at the Great Expanse of North End Emptiness would be a good move and liven up a fairly drab area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is the concensus that the random drumming at the top of 118 is detracting from the atmosphere? Also are people 100% sure that it's not TRN

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is the concensus that the random drumming at the top of 118 is detracting from the atmosphere? Also are people 100% sure that it's not TRN
    What makes me think it's not TRN is that they are just playing bongos. There are no steel drums which are a staple of TRN. Not sure what could be done about it, I assume they have permission to be there, you could not just walk into BMO with the type of drums they have.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What makes me think it's not TRN is that they are just playing bongos. There are no steel drums which are a staple of TRN. Not sure what could be done about it, I assume they have permission to be there, you could not just walk into BMO with the type of drums they have.
    That was one of the things that made me think it wasn't TRN as well, haven't had a chance to go up yet but from a far I didn't recognize any of the people either.

The question can be asked to the front office of who they are and what is going on. But if it's another SG then it's easier to communicate directly with them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm certain on the second part but I'm just some random guy on the internet.

Clues & Observations

1. Not the same people as the last few years. (Ethnically different group) Younger too.
    2. All the instruments are exactly the same, again not like past instrumentation. (They sound Brazilian actually)
    3. None of them smile. They look like they are at a gig helping to pay for their tuition. (Admittedly I haven't looked at them on the few occasions we have scored at home)
    4. They play the same stuff at the same time of the game.
    5. They are going through 3B.

If you find somebody who has had a seat at the top of 118 or 119 since day 1, they'd be able to confirm the first 2 points.

You need more then me to go by on all this but I would be asking a question of clarification as to "Who are those guys?" They sound new, and controlled. Maybe ask how to integrate?

As for detracting, I'm sure you'd get different opinions. Seen security people taking pictures fascinated with it all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id also like to submit all this as evidence that drumming which isnt coordinated, kills chants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I don't know about the south stand but the drum at the top of 110 is more out of sync than ever. It's like they're on an entirely different clock up there.
    I have new SSH at the top of 110. The drummers (it looked like one man and a woman taking in turns) do look like they rare trying to sync with 112 drums sometimes. The problem seems to be that they can't time the drums properly and it seems out of sync. The *drum drum*clap* yesterday was always a beat behind 112, and then it sounded rough. Otherwise they don't seem to be part of any group, it looks like a random couple of people hitting a drum on their own volition.