Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    Hardly known to the masses, is it.
    The greatest RPB chant of alltime. I never forget flying down the interstate to NYC in '09 with the beautiful fall Colors !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it may seem cheesy to some, but distributing lyrics to that Legends TFC song with an announced start time would be great to popularize this tradition. Get everyone singing along with the supporters once a match for important games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    With all the talk of lyrics that the majority of the crowd don't know and people feeling intimidated by the idea of singing, maybe it's time to adopt an anthem for the club. A chant sung to a tune unique to BMO, the TFC version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' or 'Blue Moon'.

There's plenty contemporary tunes to pick from, especially from local artists but I think a Drake song would be sponging too much off what really is Raptors territory. I do however think 'I can't feel my face' by the Weeknd has a chorus made for the terraces, known to the masses and highly adaptable lyric-wise.

Just putting it out there.
    Well if we can put aside the mlse attempt with allen frew remaking "my town", I think glass tiger's don't forget me when I'm gone is simple enough.

But, while I love the idea of us creating a "you'll never walk alone" tradition, finding a song that will catch on like that could be a challenge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I know it may seem cheesy to some, but distributing lyrics to that Legends TFC song with an announced start time would be great to popularize this tradition. Get everyone singing along with the supporters once a match for important games.
    This would be awesome. I really like that tune and it's a regular part if my rotation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Well if we can put aside the mlse attempt with allen frew remaking "my town", I think glass tiger's don't forget me when I'm gone is simple enough.

But, while I love the idea of us creating a "you'll never walk alone" tradition, finding a song that will catch on like that could be a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I know it may seem cheesy to some, but distributing lyrics to that The Legend TFC song with an announced start time would be great to popularize this tradition. Get everyone singing along with the supporters once a match for important games.
    THIS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Not sure how accurate, but this what I read: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...well-fans.html
    What that article is ignoring is that Albania did the clap at the Euros, with half the stands and capos across their end. It was, if anything, even more impressive.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/BTCfQ6Bb8QE

Flush pitched this. I think stands as the best YNWA syle suggestion yet. It's short, it's popular, it's relevant and if we play it on the speaker, people will sing.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-05-2016 at 08:18 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this is amazing, glad to see it now at BMO !

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took a video of saturday's clap from upper 110 I've meant to share with those of you that asked

Not sure why the embedded version is giving an error but nevertheless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrWDEugZOuo
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 07-05-2016 at 01:43 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    Anyone have a video of it?
    From 112 (available in 1080p HD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2C_FEQPStA
    Last edited by djcuse; 07-05-2016 at 05:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    None of the journos seemed to.
    The sad part is not the journos that pay attention to soccer thinking Iceland invented it, but the journos that are soccer people that never correct them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And apparently this has become a Jays thing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's a pretty baseball thing to do IMO.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Different from the 2 strike slow clap?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Different from the 2 strike slow clap?
    I don't watch the Jays, but saw this tweet and assumed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From today, vids by Ivan Murgic. The slow clap is really catching through the whole stadium. What a beautiful scene.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

view from the press box: https://twitter.com/hashtag/TFCLive?src=hash&lang=en
    (i have no idea how to imbed tweets)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love these clips from different vantage points

It's a our thing now. Iceland will be forgotten by the casuals a few weeks from now. We've been doing this for years, and it's not even the Euro's that popularized it - it's that the Lakeshore Terrace figured out how to do it together. OK sure, the Euros helped

I wonder if we can start thinking about carrying the drums out our respective sections into the front of the stands for the slow clap routines (would they even let us do this if we wanted to?). There's no way other way to sync them unfortunately.

Anyway, some really good sync ups last night. We finally nailed the plan 100%, and there was also good improv cohesion. Finally got to do the bounce too - from my vantage point at the edge of 114, a hyped 112 doing the bounce is one of the prettiest sights at BMO.

-Boris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chbu12 View Post
    Love these clips from different vantage points

It's a our thing now. Iceland will be forgotten by the casuals a few weeks from now. We've been doing this for years, and it's not even the Euro's that popularized it - it's that the Lakeshore Terrace figured out how to do it together. OK sure, the Euros helped

I wonder if we can start thinking about carrying the drums out our respective sections into the front of the stands for the slow clap routines (would they even let us do this if we wanted to?). There's no way other way to sync them unfortunately.

Anyway, some really good sync ups last night. We finally nailed the plan 100%, and there was also good improv cohesion. Finally got to do the bounce too - from my vantage point at the edge of 114, a hyped 112 doing the bounce is one of the prettiest sights at BMO.

-Boris
    We can figure something out with the drums, we have put our drum on the capo stand in 116 so I don't think they would have an issue if they came down during the slow clap.

Leads into a bigger discussion of: how do we better utilize a capo stand and is what we have now the best possibility (I'm convinced we need a completely different capo stand set up).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The slowclap with the drums sounded fantastic, so loud! Drum pauses at the beginning a little slow i think, though.
    Last edited by mistercorporate; 07-10-2016 at 09:33 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crowd sounded great last night. The Viking clap, borrowed from Iceland, was loud and proud. Can't wait to see it happen again two weeks from now against DC United (I'll be in attendance for that one helping out ).
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    The crowd sounded great last night. The Viking clap, borrowed from Iceland, was loud and proud. Can't wait to see it happen again two weeks from now against DC United (I'll be in attendance for that one helping out ).
    That wasnt a viking clap, the "ouh" + clap, was purposefully borrowed from the Polish volleyball team according to the Iceland anagers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    TFC fans have been doing it well before Iceland lost in the last world cup qualification playoffs...let alone when they qualified for this Euro.

Is it borrowed? Yes. From Iceland? Most definitely not. Combine the roof trapping the sound and the casual fan relating it to what they're watching on TV now (and the media giving all credit to Iceland for it) and it's a perfect recipe for it finally catching on here.

I don't mind that we reference Iceland right now as a comparison (or even partially credit them for it catching on). I do have issue with claims like "TFC borrowed from Iceland" because it undermines the efforts from the guys in the various supporter groups who have been doing this since the days of the North End Elite.

For the same reason someone says Iceland, I can say PAOK:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    TFC fans have been doing it well before Iceland lost in the last world cup qualification playoffs...let alone when they qualified for this Euro.

Is it borrowed? Yes. From Iceland? Most definitely not. Combine the roof trapping the sound and the casual fan relating it to what they're watching on TV now (and the media giving all credit to Iceland for it) and it's a perfect recipe for it finally catching on here.

I don't mind that we reference Iceland right now as a comparison (or even partially credit them for it catching on). I do have issue with claims like "TFC borrowed from Iceland" because it undermines the efforts from the guys in the various supporter groups who have been doing this since the days of the North End Elite.

For the same reason someone says Iceland, I can say PAOK:
    this post is spot on.....and yes, NEE definitely used to do the slow clap.....that was the first I heard it at BMO.....

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Full credit to the supporters who have made this happen. It made me smirk to hear De Vos attribute this as being borrowed from Iceland, especially knowing for how long we've had this in our repertoire as supporters. That said, I am ok with this getting attention however it happens. Seeing the rest of the crowd get into a chant (well, a clap) being lead by the South is something we've long wanted and hopefully we can build on it until even more of the stadium joins in.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any video of the slow clap being done at BMO before late June would be handy.

A lot of "Iceland" muttering out there. Ran into it a bit on Saturday in the first half when I had enough beer to stand up and do an impromptu Capo in my section. (Not doing that again - would risk a visit from security)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-11-2016 at 12:33 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of "Iceland" muttering out there. Ran into it a bit on Saturday in the first half when I had enough beer to stand up and do an impromptu Capo in my section.
    The notion of stealing it seems to have some up in arms.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-ze...please-8384553

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of "Iceland" muttering out there. Ran into it a bit on Saturday in the first half when I had enough beer to stand up and do an impromptu Capo in my section. (Not doing that again - would risk a visit from security)
    Not that I know of... maybe Fizik has video of it being done opening day @ RBA by the traveling crew, i remember bobby lead it that day.