Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No easier, no, but more familiar, yes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if we're talking about people who balk, bat an eyelash or are just confounded by TFC clapclapclap it may as well be

GO FC GO.

This year they don't always wear red at home.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    No easier, no, but more familiar, yes.
    Not gonna scrap with you over this because I do appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not sure it's accurate.

People have been going to TFC games for years and the one chant they know is TFC clap clap clap. If they only know one, that's it. So could we add another simple chant of the same ease that people may like over time, sure. But stealing the leafs chant isn't really necessary when we have a suitable alternative.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I think if we're talking about people who balk, bat an eyelash or are just confounded by TFC clapclapclap it may as well be

GO FC GO.

This year they don't always wear red at home.
    I was in 208 for the last match.
    During a corner kick a chant that originated in the north east was
    T-F-C over and over again to the rhythm of Go Leafs Go.
    It did get quite loud.

I guess you can't get any simpler than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the overall goal if we can agree is to get more of the stadium participating in cheering/singing and the best way for us to do this is to continue to have threads like this one where people can interact with other supporters and representatives from supporters in various sections. I have no doubt that one day, all of BMO will be singing together but we have to start small and so far this season I think we have.

As OgtheDim stated, the stomping at the beginning of the game is beginning to catch on. The main point here is that everything will take time but I am optimistic and so far in this thread it seems that everyone is willing to try some new things in the future to get more of the South Stand and surrounding areas singing/chanting together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would MLSE FO (front office, right ) be willing to play some great-sounding recordings of some chants 15 mins before game, or during half-time?

I would be willing to give up some of the pop tunes, and learn more of the chants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Adder View Post
    Would MLSE FO (front office, right ) be willing to play some great-sounding recordings of some chants 15 mins before game, or during half-time?

I would be willing to give up some of the pop tunes, and learn more of the chants.
    They should just kill the music and let us sing in my opinion but I imagine that they have paid a pretty penny for the rights to the songs that they play in the stadium during warm up and at half time so they'll likely not be willing to not play the songs that they've paid for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New sound system as much as songs... new toy needs to be played with. Or at least that's what I was told when I asked

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the improvements. But the sound system is the biggest disappointment for me. It sounded great opening day. After that, the volume was or seems to have been turned way down. At least, in my section. No one in my section can even hear what they are saying after the match begins.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I love the improvements. But the sound system is the biggest disappointment for me. It sounded great opening day. After that, the volume was or seems to have been turned way down. At least, in my section. No one in my section can even hear what they are saying after the match begins.
    Same. Can't hear much from where I usually am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upper West Stand, lower rows of section 220, I find the sound system overwhelming. Speakers are directly above us and pointing at us. Pre-game conversation with friends turns into yelling to get your voice above the pop music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same problem in 111. Sound was fantastic for the home opener, best I ever heard it at BMO Field. Since then it is even worse than in the past. I don't know if they re-adjusted the position on the speakers, but I can't hear anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice work yesterday ladies and gentlemen. The 3 scripted syncs in the first half were really good. Let's firm up the 2nd half a little better next match. 80th minute "House on Lakeshore" was great, how about we make that a constant?

We failed a couple of times too, but that's nothing to worry about, this will happen. We know that the logistics of it are much harder than they appear.

Was expecting low turnout and energy, but 112 and 117 really brought it, and I noticed even more than usual casual participation in the back rows and 113 (well done Brucey), particularly on sync ups.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday (Oh Canada) and on Jun 18th.

-Boris (Inebriatti)

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't make the game myself, but from what I saw and heard on television the atmosphere was definitely elevated.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy it sounded decent, still half dead in 116 (not sure if better or worse than before) and could be because of a number of new faces.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chbu12 View Post
    Nice work yesterday ladies and gentlemen. The 3 scripted syncs in the first half were really good. Let's firm up the 2nd half a little better next match. 80th minute "House on Lakeshore" was great, how about we make that a constant?

We failed a couple of times too, but that's nothing to worry about, this will happen. We know that the logistics of it are much harder than they appear.

Was expecting low turnout and energy, but 112 and 117 really brought it, and I noticed even more than usual casual participation in the back rows and 113 (well done Brucey), particularly on sync ups.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday (Oh Canada) and on Jun 18th.

-Boris (Inebriatti)
    The song we just call "The Bounce" now is reserved for winning after the 80th. That's why we haven't seen it much but here's hoping we'll be seeing a lot more of it!

Great job again Boris! Thanks!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we should wait later in the match as it seams to bring bad luck lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching the game from 219 coz I brought my colleagues with me and they kind of intimidated going to the south end with me for their first game.

I gotta say that the stadium looked empty-ish at the beginning but then the entire south end just brought it!!! It was insanely loud. The sync ups looked amazing and I could easily hear all chants from up on the second deck. It was awesome to see all SGs work together like that. And the bounce looked freaking great. I was actually sorry to have had watched the game from the second deck and not the south end lol

Really looking forward to the next one!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. As I walked towards the stadium from the gates, All i heard was Impact supporters. I was preparing to see 400 of them.

Then as I got inside I couldnt, (to borrow a line) hear a f*cking thing from them. It is frustrating that the new roof helps make away support appear louder than us via a roof on steroids.

If only outside the stadium.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Couldn't make the game myself, but from what I saw and heard on television the atmosphere was definitely elevated.
    I watched on tv for the first time.
    There is definitely more crowd buzz,
    but the south didn't come through very clearly.
    Even when so many were doing the Bounce late in the game.

I think they need to put more mics in the south,
    maybe hang them from the roof?
    It would really boost the atmosphere on tv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great coordination between 114 and 112 yesterday. I was standing in 113 and unfortunately it's a dead zone bar a few people at the bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to Usector? They can't still be in 113 ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    What happened to Usector? They can't still be in 113 ..

Kind of sad actually. They used to be so good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    The song we just call "The Bounce" now is reserved for winning after the 80th. That's why we haven't seen it much but here's hoping we'll be seeing a lot more of it!
    Of course, I should have known better, thanks for the correction! We need to spread that to the whole South. Maybe we can set the 80th as a syncup mark regardless, and do The Bounce if winning and "Rain or Snow" if losing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys in 116 should migrate to 113. It's all general admission anyway if you get there early enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We enjoy drinking with Usector, especially on the road (peel pub was awesome pre mtl game) but we have no desire to move into 113.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to shit disturb here, but should people wearing opposition jerseys really be allowed to stand in the south end?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    Not trying to shit disturb here, but should people wearing opposition jerseys really be allowed to stand in the south end?
    Absolutely not, especially if they are impact fans

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    They usually get relocated by stadium staff before anything happens.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coordination yesterday was awesome. We synced up many times with the other sections and after watching the highlights when I got home, we were definitely heard! I even noticed the some fans in 113 higher up got involved too. Overall, great improvement from the last game