Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was amazing to see people in 105/205 and 127/227 getting in on the Slow Clap.

As Jack said, hopefully this leads to other stadium wide stuff.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Not that I know of... maybe Fizik has video of it being done opening day @ RBA by the traveling crew, i remember bobby lead it that day.
    And days in 2012 across from me.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    And days in 2012 across from me.
    pfft, did camera phones even exist in 2012 lol

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

I'm not gonna dig hard for footage of the clap being done for the 60 minutes investigation. "Take that you Viking scum!"
    The fact that we even call it the 'slow clap' and not 'viking chant' or whatever haha.

Defo enjoyed getting a good view of the spread on Saturday. Hats off everyone, fun times.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the coordination effort between Capos. There was one bit when 114 was a little ahead of 112 on a chant, 114 capo held his group for a sec longer to get back in sync with 112 again. Thing of beauty.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aghghg the second half clap some boners in the NE corner tried to be heros and time the cue, did it too soon and we are clapping like a bunch of idiots until it's going fast right at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    this post is spot on.....and yes, NEE definitely used to do the slow clap.....that was the first I heard it at BMO.....
    The only issue was there was only 20 or 25 of us doing it so no one heard it But yes, I can vouch for NEE doing the slow clap.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Love the coordination effort between Capos. There was one bit when 114 was a little ahead of 112 on a chant, 114 capo held his group for a sec longer to get back in sync with 112 again. Thing of beauty.
    eli / anthony / stellios are always great with linking up. we do need to have a chat about busting out "shalalala" though, that one's definitely an energy drainer with the slow beat and it's impossible to link up when they start it up because they purposely start it up quiet.

shout out to the drum team on saturday as well - you guys make a killer team and you held it down all game.
    also, i don't know who was there for the last 10 minutes but fuck.. that dude was killing it!! does anyone have a video of those samba beats?

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From 112, row 7, 2nd half
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    eli / anthony / stellios are always great with linking up. we do need to have a chat about busting out "shalalala" though, that one's definitely an energy drainer with the slow beat and it's impossible to link up when they start it up because they purposely start it up quiet.

shout out to the drum team on saturday as well - you guys make a killer team and you held it down all game.
    also, i don't know who was there for the last 10 minutes but fuck.. that dude was killing it!! does anyone have a video of those samba beats?
    The shalala in 114 is amazing. It's so loud in that section. Maybe it's just the way it's orchestrated that's different between 114 and 112.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sha la la is very tough to sync. Eli uses tempo variance in 114 to really good effect to keep the energy up. Otherwise, the energy drops due to repetition and simplicity. The down side is that the tempo variance makes it impossibly to sync. I understand why it isn't working out to full effect outside of 114. However, you guys gave it a really good go at the start of the second half (raised our energy when we heard you guys working it too, so we kept it going for 6+ minutes).

Reds go marching in has some similarities.

Looking forward discussing it further in the pre/post games. Maybe we can find something better in the long term.
    Last edited by chbu12; 07-11-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    From 112, row 7, 2nd half
    To the drummer gentleman (sorry i forgot your name bro, will remember next time):

Pre-game we talked about how impossible it would be to sync drums on this run. I see in this vid what you did though, with the little splash at the end... AMAZING idea, and it sounded great. Keep doing that!!!

-Boris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CowTipper View Post
    The only issue was there was only 20 or 25 of us doing it so no one heard it But yes, I can vouch for NEE doing the slow clap.
    "if a tree falls in the forest....." lol....hows it going bud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drove by the stadium (from the expressway) during the game. The crowd looked so packed!!! so nice to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    "if a tree falls in the forest....." lol....hows it going bud?
    All good. Hope you and the fam are well. The boys and I will come by next match to find you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The shalala in 114 is amazing. It's so loud in that section. Maybe it's just the way it's orchestrated that's different between 114 and 112.
    Shalalala is a great chant to hear from other sections. Sounds really great when they suddenly bust out in full voice. Everyone always turns their head toward them.

Also like a couple of their other chants which are famous across European stadiums. Just can't remember them off the top of my head right now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Shalalala is a great chant to hear from other sections. Sounds really great when they suddenly bust out in full voice. Everyone always turns their head toward them.

Also like a couple of their other chants which are famous across European stadiums. Just can't remember them off the top of my head right now
    certainly heard a few of them buzzing around during the euros..
    yet still no love from the SGs for my endoh chant from his hometown club in japan. GEEEEEEEEEZZZ YOU GUYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by chbu12 View Post
    Sha la la is very tough to sync. Eli uses tempo variance in 114 to really good effect to keep the energy up. Otherwise, the energy drops due to repetition and simplicity. The down side is that the tempo variance makes it impossibly to sync. I understand why it isn't working out to full effect outside of 114. However, you guys gave it a really good go at the start of the second half (raised our energy when we heard you guys working it too, so we kept it going for 6+ minutes).
    yeah. it always picks up after the softer intro. there's something about going quiet to loud that really makes people amp it up.
    like when polish dave used to make people sit down during chants and they'd spring back up to their feet afterwards 10x louder.

i did notice the tempo variance. it's kinda like what we do with forza TFC and how we speed it up after it's dug in across the section.
    it's tough, but not impossible.. so we'll find a way to sync it up eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CowTipper View Post
    All good. Hope you and the fam are well. The boys and I will come by next match to find you.
    ya man all good here too! fam is good hope you are too.....ya come by.....I'm still in our little corner of BMO lol.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw some nice call and response between 112 and 114 last night.

The slow clap has really taken off. Great job, folks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my view looks like the kings are having a tough time in and around their sections with all the tourists and random drummers. But when 114 got ivolved with 116 then 115 and 116 really woke up. Good job and keep doing more with them too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    From my view looks like the kings are having a tough time in and around their sections with all the tourists and random drummers. But when 114 got ivolved with 116 then 115 and 116 really woke up. Good job and keep doing more with them too.
    It was a little rough yesterday, didn't realize until we got in stadium that we were missing the 5 people we have who can/have been on the drums, so a little scrambling was needed. We looked to borrow a drummer but it appeared that most groups were rocking a skleton crew but the person that stepped up and tried did a decent job.

The last 2 games were probably the best i have seen 116 and last night was a little weaker, still have those in the section that either don't sing or won't sing with us. I understand people being upset with us for just coming in (although it was that simple) but at this point i don't think anyone can say the atmosphere isn't much improved by bringing all the groups south

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a little rough yesterday, didn't realize until we got in stadium that we were missing the 5 people we have who can/have been on the drums, so a little scrambling was needed. We looked to borrow a drummer but it appeared that most groups were rocking a skleton crew but the person that stepped up and tried did a decent job.

The last 2 games were probably the best i have seen 116 and last night was a little weaker, still have those in the section that either don't sing or won't sing with us. I understand people being upset with us for just coming in (although it was that simple) but at this point i don't think anyone can say the atmosphere isn't much improved by bringing all the groups south

Bringing you guys to south stands definitely improved an overall atmosphere,however.

Please don't take this personal or something against Kings,my intention is to make you guys aware of one very important thing, You need to SLOW DOWN.

For some strange reason you are always to fast,20 seconds into a chant or song you guys are 3-5 seconds ahead. This is your 2nd season in South stands,by now you guys should be able to pick up timing better then you do.

Being in 115 it's very difficult to get something going to begin with,tourists are now normal thing in 115,still when we get it going, it dies rally fast since you guys are of sink in no time,chants from 114 and 116 start getting mixed up,ppl give up and 115 is dead.

Starting different chant or song,while 112-114 are already into one,is something I don't get it,but it is what it is,it will take time to get all SGs on the same page,"South" is moving into a right direction and small adjustments from all Sgs will get us there, eventually.

Maybe before every game make sure your Kapo smokes one or two that might slow him down and everything will be ok.

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my first game back at BMO since early June. The atmosphere has been better this year for sure, but yesterday I noticed everyone much more organized and LOUD even from June. Judging by the comments the Chi and DC games were better then last night but keep in mind it was a Wednesday RSL game at 7:00. Hats off to everyone who made this happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Bringing you guys to south stands definitely improved an overall atmosphere,however.

Please don't take this personal or something against Kings,my intention is to make you guys aware of one very important thing, You need to SLOW DOWN.

For some strange reason you are always to fast,20 seconds into a chant or song you guys are 3-5 seconds ahead. This is your 2nd season in South stands,by now you guys should be able to pick up timing better then you do.

Being in 115 it's very difficult to get something going to begin with,tourists are now normal thing in 115,still when we get it going, it dies rally fast since you guys are of sink in no time,chants from 114 and 116 start getting mixed up,ppl give up and 115 is dead.

Starting different chant or song,while 112-114 are already into one,is something I don't get it,but it is what it is,it will take time to get all SGs on the same page,"South" is moving into a right direction and small adjustments from all Sgs will get us there, eventually.

Maybe before every game make sure your Kapo smokes one or two that might slow him down and everything will be ok.

We have noticed a few times we are out of sync, something we are working on but the distance between 114 and 116 capo stands adds a bit of difficulty to it.

I think we have always just been faster

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have noticed a few times we are out of sync, something we are working on but the distance between 114 and 116 capo stands adds a bit of difficulty to it.

I think we have always just been faster
    watch for hand gestures to denote what chant is going on if possible to get in sync

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This also goes without saying, but everyone should invest in the best megaphone they can afford.

We are so much louder this year that it gets really hard to hear anything sometimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    This also goes without saying, but everyone should invest in the best megaphone they can afford.

We are so much louder this year that it gets really hard to hear anything sometimes
    Been looking but have 0 clue about what to look for.... any recommendations on brands or features and wattage?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been looking but have 0 clue about what to look for.... any recommendations on brands or features and wattage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

methinks this is the one in use in 114

http://www.nkhome.com/blue-ocean-pro...ean-audio/0100