Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the same vein as trying the slow clap twice, why not try extending the slow portion? That would give people more time to clue in - I'm having trouble seeing it going back from the fast clapping to slow. That could just be me though.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Iceland slow clap with the players and the fans in unison would be amazing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word from the FO about the tifo rigging system?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow clap took off last night - Iceland helped.

Journos thinking

a) Iceland invented it (given Seattle has been doing this before their games for years, you`d think they`d recognise it)

b) TFC just started it last night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Any word from the FO about the tifo rigging system?
    It's already up and ready as far as I know. Ideas and designs are being worked on as we speak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The slow clap was epic last night. The drummers were on point, and from I saw, other sections were joining.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    The slow clap was epic last night. The drummers were on point, and from I saw, other sections were joining.
    As I've been saying for years - its the simple chants/actions that will get the crowd going. A lot of the songs are long and wordy and will never get the entire crowd joining in. Heck, if I don't don't know the words when I've been a SSH since year one, how is a tourist in their first game ever going to know the words? Keep it super simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    Yup 215 was rocking the Iceland clap boom too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People know that existed (even in bmo) before this euro tournament right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost every one of the chants heard in bmo was stolen from somewhere else in some capcity.

Hardly a big deal even though we didnt actually steal from Iceland directly. If it gets the casuals engaged im for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, catching on much more now likely due to the euro influence.

Do people think that simplicity is really necessary for songs to catch on or does the slow clap catch on because it is a clap?

I honestly think that no matter how simple you make the words on a song people are intimidated to sing at all, clapping is a much more natural thing to do at a sporting event for most.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think last paragraph is spot on for a lot of people.

That being said, only a few really good chants have ever made a real impression with the casuals, but they have moved the needle. Just cant get enough, bounce, slow clap, tfc clap clap clap.

Maybe you're onto something that they should involve more clapping.

Like hurricanes, there are different categories of chants. Some will get stronger and some weaker as time goes on and some have the perfect storm of elements required to be catchy to locals. Id say fun and catchy are the two key factors.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 07-03-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was supposed to be at this game but due to personal reasons I've missed a few matches unfortunetly but on tv this was one of our (South end supporters) best matches the slow clap was incredible and vocally with every group in unison ... We need this regularly I loved it ... I've wanted this for the longest time. It looks great it makes the south end look like one big group.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    People know that existed (even in bmo) before this euro tournament right?
    None of the journos seemed to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think at this point, even with iceland popularizing it for casuals, we've kinda staked out claim to it.
    from the other games around MLS i've watched since it became a "thing" i haven't heard it done nearly as well as when it's done at BMO.

at this point it's just establishing it to the further reaches of the stadium. from 112 i could see it reached halfway through and i think the silence really helps. if you've been outside of the south for the clap you can immediately notice how quite it is. fans really take notice when the SG sections stop singing and stand there ready and waiting with their hands up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the game from the north end yesterday, I would say 2/3rds of the stadium did the slow clap and hands down it was the best slow clap to date at BMO. The slow clap is here to stay and will only get even louder and better moving forward since the east and west stands picked up on it quickly since the last two home games.

The only blemish is that all the drunken frat boys in the north end kept blabbering about how the slow clap was a rip off from the Iceland supporters, we as more knowledgeable supporters must ignore these comments if heard and just run with the success of our slow clap which we have done at BMO for maybe 5 seasons now or longer.
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty cool to hear the impressions from the other stands.

Remember, slow clap happens in the 24th and 60th minute, as gameplay allows. Spread the info around and let's make it even bigger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a video of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAnt View Post
    Anyone have a video of it?
    https://youtu.be/0pi8uxj_LQ4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chbu12 View Post

Remember, slow clap happens in the 24th and 60th minute, as gameplay allows. Spread the info around and let's make it even bigger.
    Views from 120...regulars around me knew to expect it at some point, tourists not so much. But the second time around they did and caught on much quicker. Second time around, pretty much the entire section joined in. It looked incredible for the whole of the south end to be involved and looking across the pitch, a huge amount of people in the east stand too. Think we're onto a winner here, won't take long until the entire ground is involved.

Didn't know we had a planned time, will make sure to spread that around next Saturday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokedPanda View Post
    Watching the game from the north end yesterday, I would say 2/3rds of the stadium did the slow clap and hands down it was the best slow clap to date at BMO. The slow clap is here to stay and will only get even louder and better moving forward since the east and west stands picked up on it quickly since the last two home games.

The only blemish is that all the drunken frat boys in the north end kept blabbering about how the slow clap was a rip off from the Iceland supporters, we as more knowledgeable supporters must ignore these comments if heard and just run with the success of our slow clap which we have done at BMO for maybe 5 seasons now or longer.
    To be honest I associated it mostly with Seattle in the past.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    To be honest I associated it mostly with Seattle in the past.
    Fuck Seattle it's ours now !!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle does it while the players come in. And its supported by piped in music.

Thanks for the timing. Will pass it around on Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chbu12 View Post

Any chance we push this to the 24 and 70.

They reason i say that is 65 is the beer cut off and im willing to be more butts will be in seats by the 70.

65 they will be trying to get that last one in.

Full beer.
    Happy fans.
    Clappy fans.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Do people think that simplicity is really necessary for songs to catch on or does the slow clap catch on because it is a clap?

I honestly think that no matter how simple you make the words on a song people are intimidated to sing at all, clapping is a much more natural thing to do at a sporting event for most.
    I think the real issue is that the stadium is so big that the words from the songs/chants don't carry to the other parts. As a once-casual, now slightly removed supporter over in SEC109, I have had a chance to learn the songs and sing along from my section. The song sheet we did up 2 years ago really helped me a lot. This slow clap is perfect, because it is simple and anyone can do it.

When we do Oh When The Reds at the beginning of the half is a good example. We start out slow but, once we get into the faster parts of the tune (3rd time in) and the drums join in the other sections join in with stomping - something akin to the slow clap where the stomping gets faster and eventually dies out. They eventually get into the back and forth part as well.

With any luck, the slow clap will cause more casuals to seek this board out where they can learn the other songs/chants, and with the bigger sound from the roof this year they may be able to make out the words and sing along - all the way into the upper sections too.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Slow clap took off last night - Iceland helped.

Journos thinking

a) Iceland invented it (given Seattle has been doing this before their games for years, you`d think they`d recognise it)

b) TFC just started it last night
    Not sure how accurate, but this what I read: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...well-fans.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the talk of lyrics that the majority of the crowd don't know and people feeling intimidated by the idea of singing, maybe it's time to adopt an anthem for the club. A chant sung to a tune unique to BMO, the TFC version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' or 'Blue Moon'.

There's plenty contemporary tunes to pick from, especially from local artists but I think a Drake song would be sponging too much off what really is Raptors territory. I do however think 'I can't feel my face' by the Weeknd has a chorus made for the terraces, known to the masses and highly adaptable lyric-wise.

Just putting it out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    With all the talk of lyrics that the majority of the crowd don't know and people feeling intimidated by the idea of singing, maybe it's time to adopt an anthem for the club. A chant sung to a tune unique to BMO, the TFC version of 'You'll Never Walk Alone' or 'Blue Moon'.

There's plenty contemporary tunes to pick from, especially from local artists but I think a Drake song would be sponging too much off what really is Raptors territory. I do however think 'I can't feel my face' by the Weeknd has a chorus made for the terraces, known to the masses and highly adaptable lyric-wise.

Just putting it out there.
    https://soundcloud.com/redpatchboys-1/06-legend-tfc
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardly known to the masses, is it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't feel my face was tried a few times last season and didn't really catch on well.