Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Its kinda a hard line to tow when nobody from other groups are consulted are asked about renaming it. To further use it as a name of a publication makes it look owned by a specific group too. Just spit balling some ideas here while we are all talking about co operation.
    It was a half baked idea we hatched during the off season before the feelings of goodwill and cooperation arose. I'm not taking a hard line on it, if anyone has better ideas I'm definitely open to them. And to be clear: it hasn't been renamed, it's just what a few of us refer to it as, call it whatever you guys want, at the end of the day it's still just home. Calling the fanzine that was also a last minute thing when we realized that the home opener was a few days away and we needed a name quickly.

Again, it's not group specific which is why we put an email at the back for people to submit writing to. I'm really hoping that Anthony and I don't have to write anything for the next one and we can put the next edition together entirely using pieces written by members of all the other groups. Spread the word. Creative writing, non-fiction, poetry, pictures, illustration. If anyone wants to get involved on the editorial end hit up Anthony or myself.

What I'm interested in is the idea of culture building. Everyone who comes to BMO has their own ritual and reasons. If we share those with each other in a creative and non-judgemental way maybe we can build a deeper understanding amongst all of the supporters so that everyone's style can find a home on Lakeshore Terrace (lol, sorry, couldn't resist).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    LOL, Almo, eh?

Very disappointing, I have to talk to him after all these years telling him about Delije experience he comes with such a cheese name.
    Delije call it north, grobari call their south,it's simple, if you go to "Marakana" in Belgrade, north side it where you want to go, terrace is where you get prawn sandwich served

Anyway, name doesn't matter as long it comes from fans instead of FO PR department.

Let's hope we get "south terrace " to song and support in unison before it becomes all you can eat prawn sandwich terrace.

Keep up good work and stay out of trouble, after all this is not eastern Europe .
    HAHA! If everything works out I'll be with Delije at the Marakana for the derby next year. A whole bunch of the Orthodox Brothers in Toronto and Montreal are trying to put together a trip for it. I'm v excited, I haven't been to Belgrade before. That said, I do enjoy a nice prawn sandwich.

You hit the nail on the head though. Whatever we call the terrace and our activities must be supporter driven and executed. I would hate to end up with the situation that ECS have right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an idea

We should turn the Massive into a 114/115/116 battle vs 111/110/109.

112/113 chants - Qu'est-ce que vous chantez to 114/115/116, they respond with Nous chantons les rouges allez, 112/113 then turns and chants Qu'est-ce que vous chantez to 111/110/109 this continues and then all sections do the la,la,la,la's together.

This would create a bit of competition between the sections, similar to the battle that is already well done between 114-116 and 114-113/112.

When the Massive was done at the start of last year between 112 and 114 it pissed of 111 and they were extremely loud when we reverted back to them, we need that passion from the east stand all the time...this may do that.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's get back on target. The name doesn't matter. This thread has potential and shouldn't be derailed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Here's an idea

We should turn the Massive into a 114/115/116 battle vs 111/110/109.

112/113 chants - Qu'est-ce que vous chantez to 114/115/116, they respond with Nous chantons les rouges allez, 112/113 then turns and chants Qu'est-ce que vous chantez to 111/110/109 this continues and then all sections do the la,la,la,la's together.

This would create a bit of competition between the sections, similar to the battle that is already well done between 114-116 and 114-113/112.

When the Massive was done at the start of last year between 112 and 114 it pissed of 111 and they were extremely loud when we reverted back to them, we need that passion from the east stand all the time...this may do that.
    Yes, the 1 thing i will say as someone who has capo'd in 116 before: it is very hard to see past 114 so we would need a cue to our capo and then time for him to relay it to the stands. At times i've though doing 111 vs 112 and 113 as well as 114 vs 116 as the visual cues can be picked up easier. Either way if back and forth stuff is going on and it is starting in 112 area just let us know because the sound doesn't travel sideways very well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do that massive split loud enough and the east and west will join in.

(Although it would be easier as a straight split once it got to that big a deal. Call and response is by far the easiest chants to get full stadiums going. But the pivot to pit south vs south would be fun to watch)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Ahh, sorry to interrupt such a lovely topic, WHO THE F*&K RENAMED SOUTH STANDS TO "LAKESHORE TERRACE" ?

Welcome to the LAKESHORE TERRACE, home of TFC Supporters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Yes, the 1 thing i will say as someone who has capo'd in 116 before: it is very hard to see past 114 so we would need a cue to our capo and then time for him to relay it to the stands. At times i've though doing 111 vs 112 and 113 as well as 114 vs 116 as the visual cues can be picked up easier. Either way if back and forth stuff is going on and it is starting in 112 area just let us know because the sound doesn't travel sideways very well.
    If we do The Massive and It happened with a Warning among the Southend or "Lakeshore Terrace" with all sections being involved, this could ultimately get the entire south end singing together. The best way to do this though is to maybe do a 10 second countdown. This would alert the other sections (116 and 115) who have trouble seeing the RPB and we would be able to start the chant on cue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a noob, both in the forum & TFC stands. So with all due respect, and hoping not to offend anyone, I have to say that (IMHO) the main problem is not the coordination. Lack of coordination is a result of the space between groups.

I honestly don't understand why the chanting groups don't sit together side by side and we have all those space filled with people don't participate at all...
    We chant at 114, you guys maybe barely hear it sometimes. You chant at 112, I know that you try with all your heart but we don't even hear you at all most of the time. Meanwhile, there's an ocean of people watching the game like a movie between us!

In Europe, 1 capo and a few around him manages to lead thousands of people, a whole section bigger than our south-stand. Because they don't stand in separated groups of a few dozen or a hundred so coordination does not become an issue. Coordination should be the topic when we manage to make all stadium chant as "Coordination between South Stand and West Stand, etc..."

So, probably there is not much to do for this season now with all the season tickets and all, but i think you should start thinking of bringing all the loud hools together, right behind the goals. Keep the group names, banners, etc but stand together at the stands.

Cheers,
    Baris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thoughts here.

I will say we should keep the timed chants to a minimum. That's not to say there shouldn't be any because, admittedly, it's easier to coordinate, but we need to pick our spots. And, as a transition to my main point, spontaneity is still really important.

Eli- (and something Ivy said previously)
    What I was saying before is not that people want to just watch the game and not cheer, they just prioritize one over the other. You're right in that we all own a little of quiet that had/has become the norm, but you're also right in that people come from different places with different ideas of support and that's something that has to be taken into consideration when courting the mushy middle.

Some prefer spontaneity, like/dislike certain chants and won't sing for 90, but get as loud / mad / excited as anyone when that moment happens. I don't think it's a realistic expectation that most in the south is going to sing for 90. I think the people who wanna do that are doing it and doing it well. My goal is to get the people who sing for 5 to sing for 15 and the people who sing for 15 to sing for 30. Then we watch the dominoes fall.

I'm also not trying to chart a course away from capos at all as the are absolutely necessary to doing all the things we need to do, but you've got a good few rows of newly-moved, like-minded individuals so the dynamic is going to be a little different for you than it is for us. If these people aren't catching on to a chant we all feel is infectious, we have to find out what would get them going. I mid-capoed from row 15 all last year (with a megaphone) trying to sync up chants, and at the right times it's loud. But they will give up if all we hear is off tempo noise. We care, we just want it done right.

As for the casuals, I can't count how many times I have heard someone make an astute point about the game, join in on a song in full voice, and then a minute later ask why you or Pete would pay money to turn around and not even watch the match. There is a disconnect between the casual fans and those who know what we are trying to do.

Everyone who is in on this discussion obviously cares. I think the others will join in when we find a way to make participation fun and easy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa, a lot to take in but here's my two cents on the whole unity thing. i'll go RPB specific in just a sec.
    we all support differently, and that's not a bad thing - ya'll have heard my "which flavour of ice cream is better?" speech before.
    however.. if we're willing to stand by these differences during a match then we have to understand that the south will never be united.

first off - i'd just like to show everyone what we're dealing with. eli, anthony and pete are going to be familiar with this image because i showed it to them during the capo meetup last season. supporters in the south are spread ridiculously thin. this is not a one capo job, and there's no depth - just width. so whenever anyone wants to chip in about linking up with other sections please remember that this is what we have to overcome ON TOP of our differences in support.

speaking on behalf of my time capoing; we don't have the staying power to continue songs for a long period of time. we'll be through our second or third song when 114 is still going with "oh when the reds". some of 114's chants are a bit harsher than what we'd like to join in with. we're more reactionary, we chirp officials, keepers, players and stop singing when one of our players goes down. 113 i find is hit or miss, they can either be fantastic in linking up or completely fine with just watching the game.. with the number of tourists leaking into the section i find that we're running into a lot of similar problems. 116, like bruce mentioned, is a damn shame. they're way too far away to be as involved as they need to be with the rest of us. i can't speak on their behalf, but i can't imagine that they enjoy living on an island when the rest of the groups are much closer together.. so having their presence in 115 would help immensely.

aside from that.. and specifically on the unity front. if we'd truly like to create a united south, then each of the SGs has to be willing to compromise.
    compromise our style, compromise our attitudes, and compromise the way we support.

if you're willing to do that, great.
    if you're not, that's cool too, but it hurts the overall goal which is supporting the team as best we can.
    if you believe that "as best we can" doesn't involve a 100%, honest to god, collaborative effort.. then i don't know what to tell you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    If he ever puts a shirt on, we're fucked.
    don't worry. we're good.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thread all.

As an ongoing development, match to match, we've been working hard and making progress. While some sparse points as far as bodies on Saturday, thanks to Stelios/Flint/Eli/Bruce for coordinating and planning with me in the stands - via megaphone, & yes, there were runners, and timed executions, it all came together nicely at points. Oh and how could I forget Boris. Shirtless signal right back at ya. (we see you also Kings, thru space and time) There's a lot of factors and variables involved minute-to-minute in the stands.

Of course many of these notions and challenges have been weighed over years.. The devoted care, both about creating energy in front of us and feeding off energy in our neighbour sections and of course from the pitch. Looking to engage and encourage and push a positive experience for all participating and watching on match day. Taking note of ideas to continue developing!

Together For The Reds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll speak up for the kings part of 116... we do our best to link up but it is really only feasible with 114. We have times where we do operate like we are on our own island but try to join in what's going on else where the majority of the time but it's tough. We also have issues in 116 with people either not singing by choice or because the 118 drums drown the capo out or even worse just start singing over the capo because they don't want to follow.

If a solution can be achieved to get everyone on the same page we are down but as wowza said it takes compromise from all parties involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As we know, the balkanization of TFC supporters occurred due to a large diversity in supporter or "ultra" mentalities in Toronto. With such a multicultural setting, this was inevitable. 114 is a bit more... "southern" while the rest of the Southern groups prefer the Northern European atmosphere. This variance in approach may seem insignificant and petty at first, but once one becomes immersed in the culture of the "South", the distinctions become clear and nuanced. As mentioned above, neither is better than the other.

In short, the main consequence of these differences is that we are not going to be able to sing together for 90 minutes. (Yet) There's nothing wrong with this fact, let's acknowledge it and reconcile it. Because doing so leads to the question - "OK, so what CAN we do?".

Well the answer is simple - we can cooperate in a limited fashion, as we have been. And furthermore, we can increase the effectiveness of this cooperation by formalizing it. It has to start small, I'm sure we're all full of grandiose ideas, but there are serious obstacles to complexity (with the foremost being that you have about 30 seconds of anyone's attention span on gameday).

So, last match day we came up with:
    3 sync ups times per half:
    -Game start: (Reds go marching in / Shalala)
    -25' : It happened without warning
    -40' : Back and forth
    For the second half we did 45' and 75'.

The above worked pretty well and we should try to continue this trend. Repetition will eventually lead to tradition. Tradition will lead to evolution of the South as a whole.

Points to explore going forward:

-Commitment to a segment length for each song
    -Numbering the songs, so that capos can indicate preparation for a song with hand signals
    -Capos signalling transition from back and forth routines to "all together" with both arms raised (tried to convey this point last game but didn't even come close to working - too complex).

There will always be individuals on all sides, who are unable to reconcile our differences, who interpret our differences negatively, who are stuck in a vain hope that "they would be like us". This is a waste of time. Let's move forward and acknowledge that we are different, but that we also have the most important commonality - we all support the team. The best way to do this is through formalizing methodology.

Finally, this forum and thread is a great exchange of ideas. But the bottom line is that the actual plan will be hashed out at the stadium, pre-game, as it was last week. Let's do that again on Jun 1st, and see if we can follow it through even better than last time. Small steps.

-Boris

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see this thread evolved in a good direction. Good exchanges.
    Nice to see people from all the groups chumming in, in a non hostile manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chbu12 View Post
    As we know, the balkanization of TFC supporters occurred due to a large diversity in supporter or "ultra" mentalities in Toronto. With such a multicultural setting, this was inevitable. 114 is a bit more... "southern" while the rest of the Southern groups prefer the Northern European atmosphere. This variance in approach may seem insignificant and petty at first, but once one becomes immersed in the culture of the "South", the distinctions become clear and nuanced. As mentioned above, neither is better than the other.

In short, the main consequence of these differences is that we are not going to be able to sing together for 90 minutes. (Yet) There's nothing wrong with this fact, let's acknowledge it and reconcile it. Because doing so leads to the question - "OK, so what CAN we do?".

Well the answer is simple - we can cooperate in a limited fashion, as we have been. And furthermore, we can increase the effectiveness of this cooperation by formalizing it. It has to start small, I'm sure we're all full of grandiose ideas, but there are serious obstacles to complexity (with the foremost being that you have about 30 seconds of anyone's attention span on gameday).

So, last match day we came up with:
    3 sync ups times per half:
    -Game start: (Reds go marching in / Shalala)
    -25' : It happened without warning
    -40' : Back and forth
    For the second half we did 45' and 75'.

The above worked pretty well and we should try to continue this trend. Repetition will eventually lead to tradition. Tradition will lead to evolution of the South as a whole.

Points to explore going forward:

-Commitment to a segment length for each song
    -Numbering the songs, so that capos can indicate preparation for a song with hand signals
    -Capos signalling transition from back and forth routines to "all together" with both arms raised (tried to convey this point last game but didn't even come close to working - too complex).

There will always be individuals on all sides, who are unable to reconcile our differences, who interpret our differences negatively, who are stuck in a vain hope that "they would be like us". This is a waste of time. Let's move forward and acknowledge that we are different, but that we also have the most important commonality - we all support the team. The best way to do this is through formalizing methodology.

Finally, this forum and thread is a great exchange of ideas. But the bottom line is that the actual plan will be hashed out at the stadium, pre-game, as it was last week. Let's do that again on Jun 1st, and see if we can follow it through even better than last time. Small steps.

-Boris
    Quoted because this was an awesome post.

1 thing to add would be to work out the tempo of certain songs, often times the tempo is different between sections.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of great thoughts being put forward on this. Personally, I'd like to echo a few remarks that I think should be highlighted to help improve atmosphere:

1) The earlier people arrive, the better. I take the GO Train in for matches at BMO, and that means I'm often one of the first people walking into 112 on gameday. I've noticed time and time again that when the bulk of the supporters arrive early and prepared with time to spare priot to kick-off, it really helps start things off on a high note. On days when most people are still trying to get to their seats at kick-off, it tends to stay relatively quiet. I'm not pointing fingers at people who can't make kick-off due to any circumstances, I'm just saying it tends to help create a better south end when we do show up with time to spare.

2) Song coordination. I don't know exactly what can be done, but I'm glad a lot of people here see improved co-ordination as a big opportunity to keep us louder and in-sync. Off the top of my head, I'd like to suggest maybe something as simple as alternating. Have 112 do a chant and let the others pick it up. Then hand it over to 113 and have them lead a song. Then give it over to 114 and do the same. Then repeat it. Myself and others have been very upfront about not really caring who or what section starts a particular song or chant. If it works and is loud, we're going to want to join in.

3) Drums. Uhhhhh, can we please get more? I don't know if we are being limited by space or whatnot, but I'd really like to see an expanded percussion section. Is cost an issue? Could we get another fundraiser up and going like what we did with Red Thunder? Maybe it's just me, but I find a louder drum usually means better tempo when we're singing.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-26-2016 at 08:14 AM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Lots of great thoughts being put forward on this. Personally, I'd like to echo a few remarks that I think should be highlighted to help improve atmosphere:

1) The earlier people arrive, the better. I take the GO Train in for matches at BMO, and that means I'm often one of the first people walking into 112 on gameday. I've noticed time and time again that when the bulk of the supporters arrive early and prepared with time to spare priot to kick-off, it really helps start things off on a high note. On days when most people are still trying to get to their seats at kick-off, it tends to stay relatively quiet. I'm not pointing fingers at people who can't make kick-off due to any circumstances, I'm just saying it tends to help create a better south end when we do show up with time to spare.

2) Song coordination. I don't know exactly what can be done, but I'm glad a lot of people here see improved co-ordination as a big opportunity to keep us louder and in-sync. Off the top of my head, I'd like to suggest maybe something as simple as alternating. Have 112 do a chant and let the others pick it up. Then hand it over to 113 and have them lead a song. Then give it over to 114 and do the same. Then repeat it. Myself and others have been very upfront about not really caring who or what section starts a particular song or chant. If it works and is loud, we're going to want to join in.

3) Drums. Uhhhhh, can we please get more? I don't know if we are being limited by space or whatnot, but I'd really like to see an expanded percussion section. Is cost an issue? Could we get another fundraiser up and going like what we did with Red Thunder? Maybe it's just me, but I find a louder drum usually means better tempo when we're singing.
    We have a lot of drums to be honest. Right now we are working on getting more of them into the stadium. in the past we have been limited by unsecured storage space.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Has there been more movement on getting one of these installed?

Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ Has there been more movement on getting one of these installed?

no, facilities wont allow it. The construction over the last 2 years has been the major issue. Now that there is the walkway and seeing the existing room after weather we should be fine with using what is already allocated. As well, there are other options being explored with the layout design somewhat settled now.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Ah well. Hopefully something will get figured out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar to the question about the drums l, do we have any more flags? I know we have a couple on the side of 112 and a few little ones here and there but for the most part, the majority of the flags that are visible are with the Inebriatti.

IMO, I feel that the flags are just as important as the cheering and chanting because 1) They look awesome when being waved 2) They can make the South End look more full then it is.

We could maybe get some flags or make some for 113 and start showing more. This could help make 113 look more of a supporters section as well as deter any casual fans who only want to watch the game/not cheer. I know that we don't want empty seats but this could be a solution to reclaiming the section as a supporter section.

-Cal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardown Snipes View Post
    Similar to the question about the drums l, do we have any more flags? I know we have a couple on the side of 112 and a few little ones here and there but for the most part, the majority of the flags that are visible are with the Inebriatti.

IMO, I feel that the flags are just as important as the cheering and chanting because 1) They look awesome when being waved 2) They can make the South End look more full then it is.

We could maybe get some flags or make some for 113 and start showing more. This could help make 113 look more of a supporters section as well as deter any casual fans who only want to watch the game/not cheer. I know that we don't want empty seats but this could be a solution to reclaiming the section as a supporter section.

-Cal
    Flags up during run of play has been an issue for years both within groups and with non affiliated fans, not sure if more flags would help or sour the atmosphere in the south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardown Snipes View Post

-Cal
    We have had a bunch of new flags in 113 this season, the home opener had almost every U-Sector flag that has ever been in 113 there, as well as 500 red and white flags that myself and a small team placed on each seat. I 100% agree with the importance of a visual display.

I will keep trying to have the flags prominent in 113, and we made those 4 new white skull flags this year with the intention that they will be at every home game this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to talk to Boris and see what he does to help communications with 112 and 113. We could get a guy or two on the west side to do it with the Kings. I t think it worked ok in Montreal between me and Mike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    I'm going to talk to Boris and see what he does to help communications with 112 and 113. We could get a guy or two on the west side to do it with the Kings. I t think it worked ok in Montreal between me and Mike.
    Usually you have a couple guys looking our way... can't recall exactly who it usually is but for some reason i think Pedro is one of them. Ill try and be at the stadium around 6 on june 1st we c an probably try and figure something out then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Fashcards could be another idea and a runner. Flashcards are used in packed football stadiums for play calling. A runner could go between each capo and map out the next few chants/songs etc.
    All the capos have megaphones right...they can turn to each other and call out chants to other capos and the supporters with the megaphones...just pass it on down the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

116, like bruce mentioned, is a damn shame. they're way too far away to be as involved as they need to be with the rest of us. i can't speak on their behalf, but i can't imagine that they enjoy living on an island when the rest of the groups are much closer together.. so having their presence in 115 would help immensely.

Definitely food for thought. Not sure how Pint feels about this, but, as a Kings member I wouldn't be opposed to us moving closer to the rest of the supporters groups. Would be pretty difficult to do at this point though, as, I'm sure most of the ticket holders in 115 wouldn't want to switch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Definitely food for thought. Not sure how Pint feels about this, but, as a Kings member I wouldn't be opposed to us moving closer to the rest of the supporters groups. Would be pretty difficult to do at this point though, as, I'm sure most of the ticket holders in 115 wouldn't want to switch.
    Baring a massive, fundamental change to the southend the current set up will be the long term set up of the south. They only built the new seats in 116 to convince us to move from 127.

Never know what the next evolution might bring though.