Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Atmosphere at BMO thus far

I don't know about you guys but I feel that over the past two home games, I have felt the atmosphere of the Southside, specifically in our section die down. During the NYCFC match, it seemed that we were consistently competing with U-Sector until we did the woah-oh.... TO chant where we battle back and forth. During the home opener, we were consistently loud for the full 90 minutes and no one was competing. But currently it seems that either not enough people are singing or we are simply just being over powered. Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Hopefully it will be better tomorrow!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home opener's are always louder I find due to the extra excitement. Standing at the back of 114 I actually thought the last game the groups were more in sync with the chants than the opener or the Vancouver game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been the trend for the past several seasons, since casuals moved in and U-Sector decided to give up and become the beer garden of the SS. A capo there is vital to unify 114 and 112, as it stands the the lack of coordination sounds awful at times.

As an unaffiliated supporter in 113 who actually puts in an effort, I'd like to think I reserve the right to say such things.
    Last edited by Bobo; 05-20-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    This has been the trend for the past several seasons, since casuals moved in and U-Sector decided to give up and become the beer garden of the SS. A capo there is vital to unify 114 and 112, as it stands the the lack of coordination sounds awful at times.

As an unaffiliated supporter in 113 who actually puts in an effort, I'd like to think I reserve the right to say such things.
    No Capo? Tell it to John Bruce and Bobby Braz who gave up a half each to station themselves on the stand. I was surprised at the number of tourists at the front of 113 on Wednesday. It was weird.

The biggest problem we have is 112 starting up a song and then having 114 start up an entirely different song! Sometimes they care what 112 / 113 is singing, sometimes they don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely agree with this post! If youre in the Supporters Section you have to give it your all for 90 minutes. I see almost 90% of the section just standing around. Nobody is jumping, very few are chanting, even fewer are clapping. The fans are responsible for implementing an intimidating atmosphere for the away team as well as support our boys in Red.

I have spoken to soome supporters and I am interested in attending a meeting to organize a breakdown of chants and banners and what not. Somebofy mentioned that we are undeer sanctions after the MTL game? Regardless, lets work on getting everbody in the section moving and chanting! I live for that and Im sure many of us do as well!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two fckwits with less than 20 posts have no business starting or supporting threads that have no basis in fact.

Atmosphere has been so good that even opposing managers (Pareja, for one) and players have expressed their appreciation for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Two fckwits with less than 20 posts have no business starting or supporting threads that have no basis in fact.

Atmosphere has been so good that even opposing managers (Pareja, for one) and players have expressed their appreciation for it.
    Just because we do not post a lot on the forums does not mean that we don't read them or go to matches. I have been on this forum since 2014 and Brodzo since 2013. This thesis does have fact as the past two matches have been very mediocre in terms of the support being given in the supporters section. The home opener is an exception as it always has a good atmosphere but our "supporter section" doesn't seem to be as engaged. This may be due to the fact that NYCFC generates a lot of 'tourist' and 'casual' supporters but nonetheless, something has been missing from the last two matches. During the NYCFC match, I was actually told off by the people around myself and my buddy to not put our scarves up as they could not see and many of the people standing in the section did not partake in the cheers/chants.

I'm just wondering how we can change this, thats all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Samson. But 12 posts into your presence on this forum and trashing fan support that opposing teams are going out of their way to praise hardly drapes you in credibility.

You and your luge doubles partner Brodzo can get back to us in a couple of years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blizzard is correct about 112 and 114.

114 often starts whatever they want on while chants are going on & 112 sped up chants on multiple occasions so 114 couldn't keep up. They even had a guy there trying to tell us and we didnt notice at all. We may think we are all loud but coming back to my seat durimg a giovinco chant, all three groups were out of sync. A lot of the time 114 can't hear us. Im at the top of 112 and there were times where i couldnt hear.

I will say this and I know its gonna be unpopular but the drum is too loud. It drowns out chants, it makes it hard to get in sync with 114 and from sections away it's all you hear when participation is low. We need 75% percent of 112 signing for the drum sound to be proporionate and we aren't close to that.

Id love to have a trail run where we bring a snare instead of the big drum.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 05-20-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Samson. But 12 posts into your presence on this forum and trashing fan support that opposing teams are going out of their way to praise hardly drapes you in credibility.

You and your luge doubles partner Brodzo can get back to us in a couple of years.

Jeeeeeesus man, take it easy on the guy...
    he isn't wrong. All the groups know that we aren't in sync with each other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    +1

A few of the shots weren't needed but hes calling a spade a spade. We have been poor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bardown and Brodzo are most certainly in sync.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been to quite a few different games at the BMO stadium, ive been to about maybe 10-11 total, during the Earnshawe years, the Defoe days, and so on and so forth, and I can say that without a hands doubt, that today's stadium, with the new additions built to the stadium, are unbelievable, that I have been to a few games in Europe as well, Champions league games, and that I think that this year is special, because, Bradley and Giovinco are doing really well, I think we are blessed to have Giovinco here, and Osario and Altidore, its a good vibe, and a special team we have. We have to keep it going, we have to keep showing opposition that Toronto is really that special, because it is, when you think about it, we are an international team, not liek from the States, we are not a side from the states that everyone might come to or go to, when they come here they try to over take us, they look at our fans as fans that they can take over, and its not true, we are fans from diverse parts of the globe, from Portugal, Italy, Poland, Ukraine, So on and so forth, and we have the CN Tower the CN Rail, the atmosphere of everything that we have is more than unbelievable, and we are not showing it. We have to prove to everyone that our stadium is hard to play at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think a coach from a team with one of the worst attendances in the league bigging up Toronto support for their home opener in a brand new stadium is a great marker of where we are. We will probably never again see the type of atmosphere that we took for granted in the good ol' days of ineptitude. The majority of that is on ML$E but when you see someone criticizing the atmosphere, it probably means that they've been around the club long enough to remember what it was like to see the stadium actually rocking with SGs all pulling in the same direction (sort of), With that being said, it might serve you best to look beyond a post count on an internet forum.

When it's been loud this season, it's usually two sections doing two completely different things. Those very brief moments of coordination when 113 chimes in only offer glimpses into our heyday.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's wrong with 113 these days? they used to be so awesome from top to bottom in that section
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re the drums - perhaps the key is louder drumming and syncing up all the drummers across the south and taking cues from that strong beat.

In all honesty I notice chants falling out of synch when people are really drunk and singing super loud without trying to blend in to the group then things fall apart into different rhythms. A lot of people just genuinely don't understand how to follow queues or stick to a beat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I don't think a coach from a team with one of the worst attendances in the league bigging up Toronto support for their home opener in a brand new stadium is a great marker of where we are. We will probably never again see the type of atmosphere that we took for granted in the good ol' days of ineptitude. The majority of that is on ML$E but when you see someone criticizing the atmosphere, it probably means that they've been around the club long enough to remember what it was like to see the stadium actually rocking with SGs all pulling in the same direction (sort of), With that being said, it might serve you best to look beyond a post count on an internet forum.

When it's been loud this season, it's usually two sections doing two completely different things. Those very brief moments of coordination when 113 chimes in only offer glimpses into our heyday.
    Oh right. Like that's ever been true. Here's what true about the bad old days.

The south end has never spoken with one voice. Not then, not now.

Tribal Rythym Nation used to absolutely kill any continuity with chants or songs in the south west corner. Most of the time the noise has come from the intersection of the south and east stands. The further west one looked and listened, the less sound and spectacle took place. By the time one got to the west side of the goal area, you could have a civil conversation without raising your voice. Unless it was to swear aloud at the TRN racket.

It's been lively enough this season, even up near the north end. The atmosphere has been good and when Pareja spoke about it, he mentioned how impressed his players and coaching staff were and how they commented on it in the dressing room. It was valid and merited praise given the collective playing experiences beyond life in MLS with that roster.

When two new names show up and run them negative waves out in their first dozen posts, agreeing and supporting one another, I'm not too bothered about criticizing it. It's what CFL fans tend to do when they're done early cleaning out the barn.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 05-21-2016 at 01:16 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redisthenewblk View Post
    Re the drums - perhaps the key is louder drumming and syncing up all the drummers across the south and taking cues from that strong beat.

In all honesty I notice chants falling out of synch when people are really drunk and singing super loud without trying to blend in to the group then things fall apart into different rhythms. A lot of people just genuinely don't understand how to follow queues or stick to a beat.
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes x100 yes.
    That, and some people simply don't follow their capo.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attack the argument not the person/poster ! There is absolutely no need for post like this.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 0.2cfrom114. Some chants work, some don't. The call respond "it happened without warning" at the NYC game was spectacular. 113 was a tourist graveyard. Don't be afraid to call them out but don't expect them to know any intricate chants. I got a bunch clapping and even a few bouncing.

Call respond chants like T-O and it happened without warning or the massive work best. Even some of the East side was getting in on it and it sounded great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why a thread like this is needed all the time but seams to be the norm now.

We are 3 games into a stadium with completely different acoustics, no group was allowed in early and we have yet to have a day in the south where it was regularly scheduled service (I believe that changes today).

How many conversations take place behind the scenes to try and make this all better? Many but they involve leaders of groups, capos and drummers. If you want to make the situation better I suggest you sing for the full 90, following your capo to the syllable. The louder the sound the easier it is for people to catch on.

After 3 games where the groups appear to be getting synced up better a thread like this is counter productive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes yes yes yes yes yes x100 yes.
    That, and some people simply don't follow their capo.
    Thanks Ivy. I've played in orchestras my whole life. If we all follow our maestros aka capos and see chanting as teamwork in every section it'll rock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Not sure why a thread like this is needed all the time but seams to be the norm now.

We are 3 games into a stadium with completely different acoustics, no group was allowed in early and we have yet to have a day in the south where it was regularly scheduled service (I believe that changes today).

How many conversations take place behind the scenes to try and make this all better? Many but they involve leaders of groups, capos and drummers. If you want to make the situation better I suggest you sing for the full 90, following your capo to the syllable. The louder the sound the easier it is for people to catch on.

After 3 games where the groups appear to be getting synced up better a thread like this is counter productive.
    Dude your arguments are such a buzz kill.

Threads like this are important as it solicits feedback and gets people on the same page. I can forgive newbies to the board suggesting improvments rather than other group leaders telling us what should and shouldnt be on an RPB board.

Sit in 113 for a game and you will gain perspective.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ivy. I've played in orchestras my whole life. If we all follow our maestros aka capos and see chanting as teamwork in every section it'll rock.
    One way to look at it but there are many people below the drum who cant hear chants above the drum. And vice versa. Its a real problem.

Some chants will organically start and people will pick them up. The capo has to be able to hear that and get it going on occasion.

Everyone talks about the early years like there was no organic chanting. Its just not the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking more on it, I actually think moving the drum to 113 would solve a lot of problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    My 0.2cfrom114. Some chants work, some don't. The call respond "it happened without warning" at the NYC game was spectacular. 113 was a tourist graveyard. Don't be afraid to call them out but don't expect them to know any intricate chants. I got a bunch clapping and even a few bouncing.

Call respond chants like T-O and it happened without warning or the massive work best. Even some of the East side was getting in on it and it sounded great.
    Agreed. I'm in 114 as well and we're at our best when we work with 112/113. Hate it when different groups are chanting different things. It's too bad that only the first 10 rows or so choose to participate.

Things can only get better as Inebriatti grows in numbers and their sanctions are lifted (no capo stand/drums/flags). Looking forward to the annual fight with rows 11+ when that happens lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    One way to look at it but there are many people below the drum who cant hear chants above the drum. And vice versa. Its a real problem.

Some chants will organically start and people will pick them up. The capo has to be able to hear that and get it going on occasion.

Everyone talks about the early years like there was no organic chanting. Its just not the case.
    people below the drum don't need to hear the chanting above it, in my opinion. Everybody from top to bottom should be following their capo. Too many times I hear the top of the section start chants, or drift away with chants, and that causes a mess. The bottom of the section follows the capo cuz they can hear him well, while the top does their own thing because they only hear themself.
    Another thing I noticed happening - when we do chants that go back and forth between sections, (like the battle, Alles ultras, it happened without warning) people in 112 chant when we shouldn't be, and are often off beat, so that when the chant comes back to us, we're ahead or behind the other group.

On a positive note though, I think there's been good energy top to bottom this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people below the drum don't need to hear the chanting above it, in my opinion. Everybody from top to bottom should be following their capo. Too many times I hear the top of the section start chants, or drift away with chants, and that causes a mess. The bottom of the section follows the capo cuz they can hear him well, while the top does their own thing because they only hear themself.
    Another thing I noticed happening - when we do chants that go back and forth between sections, (like the battle, Alles ultras, it happened without warning) people in 112 chant when we shouldn't be, and are often off beat, so that when the chant comes back to us, we're ahead or behind the other group.

On a positive note though, I think there's been good energy top to bottom this year.
    I think working to solve the problems we have by any means necessary should be the goal.

If the capo doesnt have a chant going, people will start one. Thats really never gonna stop. There a many places where there are no capos and aliemating people is the last thing we need. No one up top really ever starts a chant in competition. But its not only a capos job to lead chants, he has to listen too.

Ideally everyone sings on key and for 90
    Ideally everyone keeps in time.

Lets not assume everyone knows the rules yet. Its exactly why these threads are needed. To help inform.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 05-21-2016 at 12:42 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardown Snipes View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I feel that over the past two home games, I have felt the atmosphere of the Southside, specifically in our section die down. During the NYCFC match, it seemed that we were consistently competing with U-Sector until we did the woah-oh.... TO chant where we battle back and forth. During the home opener, we were consistently loud for the full 90 minutes and no one was competing. But currently it seems that either not enough people are singing or we are simply just being over powered. Is this just me or has anyone else noticed this?

Hopefully it will be better tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodzo View Post
    I definitely agree with this post! If youre in the Supporters Section you have to give it your all for 90 minutes. I see almost 90% of the section just standing around. Nobody is jumping, very few are chanting, even fewer are clapping. The fans are responsible for implementing an intimidating atmosphere for the away team as well as support our boys in Red.

I have spoken to soome supporters and I am interested in attending a meeting to organize a breakdown of chants and banners and what not. Somebofy mentioned that we are undeer sanctions after the MTL game? Regardless, lets work on getting everbody in the section moving and chanting! I live for that and Im sure many of us do as well!
    If you want more info you can pm myself or any mods about getting involved. Most of us are on our way down to the pub soon, too. I'm sure we'll see you around soon enough.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good against Columbus. I can sing along from work and this is a bad idea, but COYR!!!!!