Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can't raise the Salary Cap by a large amount because the Players Union will demand that their members' salaries increase by a similar percentage. A lot of the role players are not worth a 20% increase in their salaries. I think we'll be seeing a lot more TAM in the future. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of TAM available to the clubs will eventually be equal to the Cap on an annual basis. Would anyone be too upset with an annual cap of $5M plus $5M in annual TAM and 3 DPs each worth 10% of the cap by 2023?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good listen with regards to the salaries. Herc at 32 mins especially so.

This week on The Play we have a Special Edition. Bobby Warshaw (Harrisburg City Islanders) is joined by George John (formerly of FC Dallas and NYCFC), Michael Stephens (Chicago Fire), and Herculez Gomez (Seattle Sounders) to talk about what it’s like in an MLS locker room after the player salaries get released publicly. Does a player get upset when a teammate makes more than him? Do they even look at the numbers? Do they talk about it? How does it feel to walk into the office and know that everyone makes more money than you do? What’s it like to walk down the street when any person you walk by can Google your name and know what’s in your bank account?
    http://www.howlermagazine.com/play-p...e-welcome-mls/
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 05-24-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    They can't raise the Salary Cap by a large amount because the Players Union will demand that their members' salaries increase by a similar percentage. A lot of the role players are not worth a 20% increase in their salaries. I think we'll be seeing a lot more TAM in the future. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of TAM available to the clubs will eventually be equal to the Cap on an annual basis. Would anyone be too upset with an annual cap of $5M plus $5M in annual TAM and 3 DPs each worth 10% of the cap by 2023?
    I would like to see the three DP cap hits completely taken off. $5 million cap for all non DPs. $5 million in TAM to add to that. Plus, 3 DP slots that don't count against the cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jus go to 25mil max and 7.5 mil min on the salary cap.enough of the dp,super dp super duper dp,tam,gam,spam,allo,that is so bush league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id love to see the league do away with transfer fees counting as part of the cap hit. Let teams go get the Techeras of the world without having to spend every cent of TAM or make them a DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Perquis at $427,500 is insane. He has been better this year but still not worth anywhere near that kind of money. I felt Williams looked good last night and to me has warranted keeping his place for the Cbus game, although Vanney probably won't do that.Commentator mentioned last night Perquis didn't play as he cannot do 3 games in a week, that sort of luxury is afforded to the likes of Pirlo and Villa, not a Perquis. I think the steadying influence of Moor can bring the best out of both players, so Williams at 5 yrs younger and near $300k cheaper shows how inflated Perquis wages are
    I don't think I've watched a game where Perquis hasn't managed to mess up a routine defensive play. It's just a matter of it costing us or not.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I would like to see the three DP cap hits completely taken off. $5 million cap for all non DPs. $5 million in TAM to add to that. Plus, 3 DP slots that don't count against the cap.
    Bingo. DPs should not count against the cap and 5 mil should be used on the rest of the squad, that would leave us with more then enough room to sign a few players over normal salary like in defense and guys like Darren O'Dea wouldn't of had to leave.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i really like MB and JOZY, but way overpaid for what they bring,a 6 mil stud #10 and 5 mil stud striker.the perquis 400 k you get a very good DM to replace bradley.
    Considering only what $375K counts to the cap and the other "whatever".0 Million isn't coming out of your pocket what's the issue...