Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it might be time to at least consider some short corners. The lumping it into the mixer technique isn't working for shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the negativity - you are probably right that the rest of the division is sufficiently shite that wont't wil be out of the playoffs until the final third or later. Our play isn't improving with time IMO.

£50k a week is affordable by any team in the premiership. Ranieri could sign 5-6 players at that rate. He has Champions League to offer...

Bradley's pass off the opening kick-off. It was like watching U14 rep soccer...gave up possession in seconds. I just don't see the leadership to get players playing above themselves. He can be a dominating player - as he was in his first 6-8 games after joining .. He hasn't regained that form IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Much wrong with your narrative here.

a) Nobody in Europe will pay his current wage and have him guaranteed to start. They don't think he's good enough.

b) Dude, we are in 4th place in a weak division. We would have to lose every single game between now and the end of July to be out of........well actually we still would be in playoff contention even then. As has been said many times, competing for playoffs is not like competing for top spot in a league - you can lose and draw games and still be in it.

c) I have no clue where people get this idea that Bradley is crap. There is no statistical item that backs this up. During the game all I hear is "wow great pass Bradley".

Geez, chill. We are only 1/3 of the way through the season.
    Last edited by Hamilton_Red; 05-22-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay let me preface this by saying it's still just a not great week for the team as opposed to code red emergency.

Service to our forwards: simply not good enough. We need more creative industry from certain areas of the field. Seba, Jozy, Babouli, whoever... Have to drop back far too often to pick up the ball which takes them out of goal scoring positions.

I just don't see us having the right mix of players right now in the midfield. They really need to spend money on a playmaker. Have to question whether WJ, while a great player, is what we needed this offseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing like a short road trip to break the pattern. Should be fun against a demoralized NYRB next week. What's more depressing is that both these last two games were against broken teams. New Manchester City with the ongoing Lampard debacle and Columbus trading the MLS joint top goalscorer for buttons. Both those games should have been 3 points in the bank. It was a massive opportunity lost and really begs questions about the motivation of this team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I just don't see us having the right mix of players right now in the midfield. They really need to spend money on a playmaker. Have to question whether WJ, while a great player, is what we needed this offseason.
    Eh, I think that's just a question of how we chose to allocate our too-limited resources. If we signed a creative midfielder instead of Johnson I think we'd have allowed a handful of more goals against by now. Plus, he has 2 goals and 3 assists now, pretty damn good for the position he plays. Unfortunately Osorio has been disappointing (he's always a slow starter for some reason) and we don't have the depth after that. The contracts given to Gomez and Kantari have handcuffed us. I have no doubt Gomez's cap space would be going to a new attacking player if it was available.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Nothing like a short road trip to break the pattern. Should be fun against a demoralized NYRB next week. What's more depressing is that both these last two games were against broken teams. New Manchester City with the ongoing Lampard debacle and Columbus trading the MLS joint top goalscorer for buttons. Both those games should have been 3 points in the bank. It was a massive opportunity lost and really begs questions about the motivation of this team?
    Not sure what you mean by demoralized NYRB. They beat NYCFC 7-0 yesterday. Although they started slower than last year, they're 3rd in the conference now (yet their PPG is a bit lower than TFC). They will be looking to continue that momentum next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was an attempted use of irony. I'm more expecting a leathering for our boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Not sure what you mean by demoralized NYRB. They beat NYCFC 7-0 yesterday. Although they started slower than last year, they're 3rd in the conference now (yet their PPG is a bit lower than TFC). They will be looking to continue that momentum next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Eh, I think that's just a question of how we chose to allocate our too-limited resources. If we signed a creative midfielder instead of Johnson I think we'd have allowed a handful of more goals against by now. Plus, he has 2 goals and 3 assists now, pretty damn good for the position he plays. Unfortunately Osorio has been disappointing (he's always a slow starter for some reason) and we don't have the depth after that. The contracts given to Gomez and Kantari have handcuffed us. I have no doubt Gomez's cap space would be going to a new attacking player if it was available.
    Stats aside from WJ, he's just not a creative catalyst. I'd describe him as a box to box player with good supporting offensive qualities and outstanding work rate(which is what you pay for).

To me you plug WJ in Osorio's spot on the left side of the diamond. Sign the new attack focused player to play at the top of the diamond and have Delgado / Endoh fight it out for the right sided spot. I don't think we'd be giving up that much defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Too many blanks to fill, but apparently Seba flew a doctor over from Italy, for unspecified reasons, and MLSE refused to cover the costs. Thats all that I know.
    Let's hope he was doing a favour for Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Stats aside from WJ, he's just not a creative catalyst. I'd describe him as a box to box player with good supporting offensive qualities and outstanding work rate(which is what you pay for).

To me you plug WJ in Osorio's spot on the left side of the diamond. Sign the new attack focused player to play at the top of the diamond and have Delgado / Endoh fight it out for the right sided spot. I don't think we'd be giving up that much defensively.
    Don't disagree with any of that, I was just saying what you described would probably have more or less been the plan if we had more cap space (and maybe we sign someone to play at the top of the diamond in the summer if something with our cap can be engineered). But given that we had to buyout Kantari and are reportedly still paying for Gomez, after fixing the back line we could only really make one more big move, and with our defense as bad as it was last year I can't disagree with targeting a guy like Johnson instead of a playmaking mid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    they are..the prob is,it is of the north americas variety.im enjoying another 500 season.
    Look the squad of FC Dallas, they have the lowest payroll in the league and the results on the field are about the same (if not better) as our payroll, which is far more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody see if the last play of the game was a foul on seba?
    they didn't show replay at the stadium, game ending on that play
    he was in the penalty kick area

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    anybody see if the last play of the game was a foul on seba?
    they didn't show replay at the stadium, game ending on that play
    he was in the penalty kick area
    Saw the replay. Wasn't much in it. Slight bump, hip to hip. Looked worse live and from the back side.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooooo.....that defender who went down in the first half after Seba went by him and people were wondering why he just collapsed and then walked off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Soooooooo.....that defender who went down in the first half after Seba went by him and people were wondering why he just collapsed and then walked off.

Those ones where you think nothing really happened tend to be the worst injuries.