Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate it. I had babysitter lined up, probably can't do it now. I think most people would have gone to TFC game anyway, regardless of Raptors, unless of course their up 2-0 or tied 1-1 which I don't see happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let's say it's November and TFC is playing a semi final home game (LOL) game at say 700PM and the Raptors have a regular season home game at the ACC at the same time, does the Raptor game get changed to an earlier time? I doubt it and if this scenario were to actually happen and the Raptor game does not get changed then it would make TFC and the MLS look really bush, just saying. Moreover, if the Raptor game stays at the same time do they even have score updates of the TFC game like we had at BMO for the recent Raptor playoff game and last years Blue Jays playoff game, I highly doubt it which would show you exactly were TFC stands in terms of pro sports in Toronto, right next to the Rock and just behind the Argos, sadly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like its so the game gets on tv before the memorial cup game.
    sportsnet treats TFC like shit

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    looks like its so the game gets on tv before the memorial cup game.
    sportsnet treats TFC like shit
    Its actually for Game 3 of the Eastern Final for the Raps (first at home for this round).

I feel as though this is a combo of Sportsnet moving it away from being against the Raps (ratings), and some crowd control between the two events and a long weekend in the city.

My 2 cents.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So let's say it's November and TFC is playing a semi final home game (LOL) game at say 700PM and the Raptors have a regular season home game at the ACC at the same time, does the Raptor game get changed to an earlier time? I doubt it and if this scenario were to actually happen and the Raptor game does not get changed then it would make TFC and the MLS look really bush, just saying. Moreover, if the Raptor game stays at the same time do they even have score updates of the TFC game like we had at BMO for the recent Raptor playoff game and last years Blue Jays playoff game, I highly doubt it which would show you exactly were TFC stands in terms of pro sports in Toronto, right next to the Rock and just behind the Argos, sadly!

Raps regular season and TFC playoffs would draw about the same (250K).

Raps Saturday night may pull 2M or more and outdraw TFC regular season 20x or something.

If I were the NHL I would seriously think about moving the hockey game Saturday night to Saturday afternoon, as it will get absolutely clobbered too. Even the severely reduced Canadian ratings still matter to the NHL (they get, say, 3M in the US and 750K in Canada for a final four game with no Canadian teams on a Saturday night)
    Last edited by ensco; 05-17-2016 at 07:05 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Raps regular season and TFC playoffs would draw about the same (250K).

Raps Saturday night may pull 2M or more and outdraw TFC regular season 20x or something.

If I were the NHL I would seriously think about moving the hockey game Saturday night to Saturday afternoon, as it will get absolutely clobbered too. Even the severely reduced Canadian ratings still matter to the NHL.
    NHL won't do that. Raptors are only relevant here, outside the city and across country no one cares (its not like the jays).

Given the NBA "sets up" its finals so big name vs big name, raps will be down 0-3 that night so interest will be down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NHL won't do that. Raptors are only relevant here, outside the city and across country no one cares (its not like the jays).

Given the NBA "sets up" its finals so big name vs big name, raps will be down 0-3 that night so interest will be down.
    No, that's the third game. No better how bad the first two games are, it'll be no worse than 2-0 Cleveland, with the Raps looking to hold serve.

How much would you like to bet that the Raps do better than 2x the San Jose -St Louis game in Canada?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't looked at the ratings lately, but HNIC saturday night numbers are usually good for playoffs (even US v US) ... its a traditional hockey night.

If people think the Raps have any chance, the NBA is just slightly above the WWF in "managing" game results through officiating ... you are wasting time watching games.
    Last edited by Onyx; 05-17-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I know this may be an inconvenience to those who have made plans around the published kick off times, but it means I can make the game now, so I'm happy.

Ditto.

Out of towners have been convenienced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    9 team league
    Oops.... I forgot Nottawa has a team again

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a mix of good and bad news for me. It's good because it will get me home to Oshawa in a reasonable time, but it's bad because I'll miss the running of the Preakness. The whole day was centred around doing an overtime shift at work in the morning, watching the race, then getting on the GO for TFC. Guess I'll have to get the track results sent to my phone.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people think the Raps have any chance, the NBA is just slightly above the WWF in "managing" game results through officiating ... you are wasting time watching games.
    ...and if you think telling all those viewers that would change their minds... you are wasting time posting. Jus sayin .

More people watch the playoffs (any playoffs) for the event/spectacle/exclusivity of it. They're not analyzing the validity of the game.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    I couldn't care less about the Raptors, but, it is definitely a smart move over all.
    ^
    We agree.
    Beautiful weather, afternoon match and we get home at a reasonable hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    ^
    We agree.
    Beautiful weather, afternoon match and we get home at a reasonable hour.
    i like late afternoon games for same reason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like late afternoon games for same reason.
    Yep.

Night games should remain special (IMO). The odd midweek game like tonight or Cup play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess i'm one of the few that prefers the games to be night games. I think it builds it into much more an event for the casual fans... your saturday night plans are going to the game not going for dinner after the game.

Also us supporters always seam to be a little louder at night, maybe we are extra fueled for the games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yep.

Night games should remain special (IMO). The odd midweek game like tonight or Cup play.
    agreed

i have enough to do on sat nights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there still fans marching to the stadium from Joe's before the game or is it only a home opener kind of thing?
    Come on you Reds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go back and forth on what the optimal ko timing strategy is. On one hand having a variety of times might catch more people's availability at least for a few matches. On the other, a consistent time allows for some life planning like classes, baby sitting schedules, etc. I lean toward having a consistent time, even if the particular time isn't convenient for me individually. Hard to picture NFL or MLB having games at random times for example.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Is there still fans marching to the stadium from Joe's before the game or is it only a home opener kind of thing?
    Come on you Reds
    It's saved for special occasions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A game against rivals Columbus isn't a big occasion?? First home rivalry game of the year, also a celebration that the yellow and black bastar*s lost Kamara

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A game against rivals Columbus isn't a big occasion?? First home rivalry game of the year, also a celebration that the yellow and black bastar*s lost Kamara
    Yeah...Not many believe in the Columbus rivalry. They're out there but a lot of us resent the forced rivalry the league created. Montreal is the only rival for me. But that's just me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Mtl
    2. Van
    very distant 3. Columbus
    4. Everyone else
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the whole special night game thing.

This would count as one of those nights though. Big Trillium Cup match under floodlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't consider Columbus our rivals, our real rival is Montreal. Columbus...I don't like them, but not the same passion as the Montreal-Toronto rival, that goes deeper!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Mum View Post
    I agree with the whole special night game thing.

This would count as one of those nights though. Big Trillium Cup match under floodlights.
    For the glory...