Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Jozy. I just hope he stays healthy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    first one was world class

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koolvid12 View Post
    What I would give to have a player like Pulisic on our Canadian team. (He's 17 and playing for Dortmund ffs!). Hell and at this point the way our striker have been playing/finishing I'd take Jozy too!
    I love Larin. I hope the next coach figures out a way to give him the service he needs to be effective.

Floro played him on a island every game and ran him into the ground by the 70th minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I love Larin. I hope the next coach figures out a way to give him the service he needs to be effective.

Floro played him on a island every game and ran him into the ground by the 70th minute.
    would love to see osario float some passes to him

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a legend, amazing guy.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy now tied with Amado Guevara all time on goals.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy pulls ahead of Seba All-time with that brace. Brace after Seba's brace. This is fun.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy earns the penalty and buries it to catch Seba again all time. And we're top of the table. Is this real life?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore is the Malkin to Giovinco's Crosby.

He was in beast mode the other night, and I feel we're finally seeing the best he can offer (but that's just my perspective)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is pretty much always in beast mode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    Jozy is pretty much always in beast mode.
    Have to disagree here. Jozy can be a VERY lazy player. When he turns on beastmode, the difference in his play is easily noticeable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Have to disagree here. Jozy can be a VERY lazy player. When he turns on beastmode, the difference in his play is easily noticeable.

Jozy does an enormous amount of running to make up frankly for Seba's usual disinterest in that side of the game. He gets pulled back into midfield 5-6 a game tracking and pressuring players. He takes plays off late in close games to conserve his energy, which is understandable, But I'd never classify him as a lazy player because of that. Does more work than any #9 in the league besides like, maybe Dom Dwyer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how you can call Altidore lazy, conserving energy and not giving 100% are two different things. When he gets the ball he can go all out and muscle his way to a goal.

Lazy is sitting in the box expecting your teammates to do 90% of the work while you just tap it in, that's not how Altidore plays at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He and Seba are back and forth pulling players all over the place. Any idea that either of them are lazy is.... lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't know how you can call Altidore lazy, conserving energy and not giving 100% are two different things. When he gets the ball he can go all out and muscle his way to a goal.

Lazy is sitting in the box expecting your teammates to do 90% of the work while you just tap it in, that's not how Altidore plays at all.

who was the hands on hips guy that use to play here? he missed the sitter 5 inches from goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Also not bothering to get back from an offside position then getting called offside or having to watch a good through ball zing by because he didn't get onside is lazy. He does that a lot.

He's been an amazing player for us but, I'm sorry, he is lazy at times. That said, I've never encountered a non-lazy striker, especially compared to box-to-box midfielders.
    Last edited by Canary10; 05-24-2017 at 09:26 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy tied with Seba again all time 45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Defoe went and Altidore was coming back, I thought we were getting an overpaid striker of lesser quality.

That swap turned the entire franchise around. Jozy is just... incredible. He makes Giovinco so much better, and vice versa. I thought we didn't need to big name strikers, but this is a team that can just score its way out of problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I hate to say this, Defoe is a far better player than Jozy.

Jozy is a great finisher, I'll give him that, although he does very little in creativity. A total of only 9 assists in 3 seasons with TFC speaks volume.

Giovinco, on the other hand delivers in the department of goals, assists, creativity, PK's and FK's. To say that Jozy makes Giovinco a better player is almost laughable.

Im calling a spade, a spade.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy creates space for Giovinco, something that Defoe cannot do. His hold up play is key for TFC offence
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really the transfer worked for both players. Defoe was excellent in his two years at Sunderland, and got his wish of being back in the national team. That would not have happened if he stayed with us. Jozy has been a key player for us, and I'd say a fan favourite now (even for me, who wasn't so thrilled at the prospect of him coming). I agree that Defoe is a better player, but he and Giovinco would not have been a good pairing at all. Like Yohan said, his ability to make space, and play with back to goal, complement Giovinco. It's a good model of a two striker system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Jozy creates space for Giovinco, something that Defoe cannot do. His hold up play is key for TFC offence
    +1

Jozy is playing his role amazingly well and is a change maker on the pitch. It's possible there's another player out there who could do that role, but he's here now DOING it. I'll take that over COULD do it any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, and that's what I was getting at. Jozy + Gio > Defoe + Gio, in my opinion. Not saying Jozy is a straight up better player, but the team is way better off with him.

Jozy's attitude is sure a nice change from Defoe too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Jozy for Defoe "trade" was an interesting way for both sides to deal with a wasted transfer fee.

Defoe wasn't coming back.

It wasn't a "trade" in any meaningful sense of the word. It could be a decade before there is another one like it, anywhere in world football.

I will take Jozy. We weren't a great team with Defoe. We are a great team with Altidore. Altidore's run late last year was the greatest performance by a TO athlete in 25 years.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-20-2017 at 06:04 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Jozy is a force multiplier for Seba.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    He's been an amazing player for us but, I'm sorry, he is lazy at times.
    If this is the barometer, then every player there ever was is lazy; I guarantee you that everyone cheats a little (takes a breather/gets frustrated), and even gets caught out doing so, now and again.

For me, there's little point in slapping the label on anyone that isn't extremely lazy—especially in the case of someone that's flying for us, at the min. o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    If this is the barometer, then every player there ever was is lazy; I guarantee you that everyone cheats a little (takes a breather/gets frustrated), and even gets caught out doing so, now and again.

For me, there's little point in slapping the label on anyone that isn't extremely lazy—especially in the case of someone that's flying for us, at the min. o.0
    He's a striker. Strikers are lazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he can be lazy some games, but even then its often he does something for 30 seconds thats wins us a game. on a bad day, he creates space, on a good day, he goes beast mode and does everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also you'd be really hard pressed to ever call Michael Bradley lazy under any definition. So not every player that ever was is lazy.