Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Jozy Altidore Thread

There's been lots of Altidore talk recently spilling into various threads and with the news today, might as well contain it to one place.

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/05...-injury-update

Altidore is going to miss 6-8 weeks after his latest hamstring strain. If it goes 8 weeks he'll miss 11 games (9 MLS, 2 V-Cup).

If Giovinco is called into the Euros we're in serious trouble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and water is wet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want him to do well for us, but I don't see how you keep him past this year. You need your big players playing games, and I don't see that happening with him. Which is a shame, because I have been enjoying his play for the past month.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh geez.

Who's our third striker right now? Hamilton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio, Babouli, Hamilton is now our striker depth.

Jozy is a good player but is we cant count on him to be available for 75% of our schedule each year whats the point in keeping him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

big fail by BEZ...not bringing in another striker.he knows jozy injury probs and that GIO is gone for a month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say the Bez fail was letting Gomez go, he was a versatile forward that wanted to be here. Apparently the salary dump couldn't be avoided though, I'm looking forward to when the numbers are published.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our striker depth chart is

Gio
    Jozy (injured)
    Babouli
    Endoh
    Delgado
    Osorio
    Anybody else at TFCII
    Hamilton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuck with the waste of space for another 3 years. No one in their right mind would ever take Jozy off our hands at around 5 million a year....A career ending injury would be the best for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Stuck with the waste of space for another 3 years. No one in their right mind would ever take Jozy off our hands at around 5 million a year....A career ending injury would be the best for TFC.
    Somebody buy this man a beer...and a shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suspect GMing rearing it's ugly head.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said on that other thread when this comment was first put out there, wanting somebody to have a career ending injury is one sicko opinion. I get people not liking how he plays but this crosses a line.

Altidore is a human being.

And people in here, a site for supporters of TFC, want him to suffer because he doesn't play up to their standards!?!?!!

Some people need to walk away from the keyboard, go find their happy place, smell some flowers, do whatever they have to to get a sense of reality and just calm down. Calling for the injury of a player is weird ass shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I want him to do well for us, but I don't see how you keep him past this year. You need your big players playing games, and I don't see that happening with him. Which is a shame, because I have been enjoying his play for the past month.
    I'm of the same mind. He'll be lucky to hit 22 starts this year - it's not enough. Let's not even discuss the possibility that he picks up one of these injuries right before or during the playoffs.

It's a shame. One of those players that is just inexplicably fragile. Can't have that for a guy that needs to be a difference-maker in a cap league. If I'm Bez I'm starting to put together a short list of target strikers to go after as a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    big fail by BEZ...not bringing in another striker.he knows jozy injury probs and that GIO is gone for a month.
    His mistake was last year. Two big money panic signings in Kantari and Gomez that have handcuffed us this year (and also not finding a transfer or loan for Moore). If we want to bring anyone in someone has to be moved out. One or two of our backup CBs seem most likely there if we do do something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As I said on that other thread when this comment was first put out there, wanting somebody to have a career ending injury is one sicko opinion. I get people not liking how he plays but this crosses a line.

And people in here, a site for supporters of TFC, want him to suffer because he doesn't play up to their standards!?!?!!

Some people need to walk away from the keyboard, go find their happy place, smell some flowers, do whatever they have to to get a sense of reality and just calm down. Calling for the injury of a player is weird ass shit.
    I can't give you reputation, but +1 from me.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy hasn't been under this level of scrutiny since Sunderland..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    more like clearing up TL's mess

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I can't either, but here. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    more like clearing up TL's mess
    No, I said it correctly the first time. But thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy was playing well the last few games and I predicted he would score in the Whitecaps game only for him to miss the penalty! We are screwed now as there is no-one else to come in. Babouli and Endoh can't be relied upon yet and as much as Gio can create for himself he can;t do it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love him but these injuries are too hard in a capped league.

Can we TFC 2 him next year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    China
    American expansion team

Hopefully

I've nothing against the guy, quite fond of him actually. On his day MLS is perfect for him but confidence,injuries and USMNT duty means those days are few and far between for a DP earning $4.5m a year. Bez and Manning need to find a way to jettison him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Love him but these injuries are too hard in a capped league.

Can we TFC 2 him next year?
    A $5 million striker playing for our farm team. Good Lord we'd never hear the end of it from Limpact fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the guy too like most people on here but we need our DP's to be playing regularly as possible like Bradley and Seba and not on the treatment table so much. Some guys are just injury prone it seems and it is a shame when it happens like this. Reminding me of Defoe now from an injury standpoint. This last setback has to be the last straw. He worked, based on some advice from medical staff I guess, during the offseason to get into better shape that would lead to less injuries and it hasn't worked out. I really thought it might have and was enjoying the different threat on the field he possessed. If they can't do anything with him he will probably regain some level of fitness, play some games then be off again for another re-occurrence...seems to be the trend. Does anyone still believe he needs more time? He has had years of the same recurring injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I like the guy too like most people on here but we need our DP's to be playing regularly as possible like Bradley and Seba and not on the treatment table so much. Some guys are just injury prone it seems and it is a shame when it happens like this. Reminding me of Defoe now from an injury standpoint. This last setback has to be the last straw. He worked, based on some advice from medical staff I guess, during the offseason to get into better shape that would lead to less injuries and it hasn't worked out. I really thought it might have and was enjoying the different threat on the field he possessed. If they can't do anything with him he will probably regain some level of fitness, play some games then be off again for another re-occurrence...seems to be the trend. Does anyone still believe he needs more time? He has had years of the same recurring injury.

he needs to shed another 10-15lbs however, he injured it on a PK, he could weigh in at 90lbs and still get injured

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I can't give you reputation, but +1 from me.
    I can't either, but here. +1
    You're both members, you should be able to dish out rep points.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    You're both members, you should be able to dish out rep points.
    Gotta spread it around apparently. He's a popular guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    American expansion team
    Try trading him to Atlanta. They have the money, start play next year, could like the idea of getting a big name USMNT player to kick start their first season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Try trading him to Atlanta. They have the money, start play next year, could like the idea of getting a big name USMNT player to kick start their first season.
    That's actually not a bad idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see GAM and TAM in our future once he is tradeable. Both have the same amount of goals as Jozy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This.

Goes back to the panic buy of Gomez to cover in case Altidore didn't come back from injury (who isn't doing gangbusters at Seattle BTW) after the panic getting of Kantari.

Coupled with Hamilton not progressing as people thought 2 seasons ago and nobody wanting to take Luke Moore and we have no cap space until July and not enough strikers.

Needs fixing but no panic.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-16-2016 at 07:03 PM.