Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I wouldn't want Jozy to start simplifying his game by tallying goals and assists. Lunacy.
    people called him useless last year for only scoring 13 goals in 25 appearances. This year he works hard to improve the other side of his game and suddenly he's shit for not scoring over a tiny sample size. It's a stupid argument.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't want Jozy to start simplifying his game by tallying goals and assists. Lunacy.
    Why not? That would mean we wouldn't need to get Ibra tmr. Sarcasm.

p.s.- Did you make it to the Vcup match last week?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Why not? That would mean we wouldn't need to get Ibra tmr. Sarcasm.

p.s.- Did you make it to the Vcup match last week?
    Hey, I'm not deluded enough to think Ibra's coming to Toronto, but I'm also not ignoring every single statistic -- from aerial duels, to tackles, to pass completion percentage, to shots, to assists, to goals -- that says so far Altidore is contributing very little for his salary. It's not enough for him to do very little but do it very well. It's a waste of his abilities and the team's resources.

As for the Eddies, I don't support them or the NASL; most of the people investing in it have neither the soccer interest or know-how to make it work, as it evidenced by the farce this season that is Miami, Edmonton's ongoing debacle on all fronts, franchises folding, moving, restarting. They are bad for the sport. The league may have a long-term future and it's certainly making some positive contributions to the overall culture of soccer; but the reason it struggles on so many fronts is due to how its run. Attending it just endorses it (plus, I live well out of town now, so it's not even really an option most nights). There's a reason MLS didn't attempt to work with them when given the chance and basically bought USL instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    people called him useless last year for only scoring 13 goals in 25 appearances. This year he works hard to improve the other side of his game and suddenly he's shit for not scoring over a tiny sample size. It's a stupid argument.
    I don't think anyone called him useless for scoring 13 goals. Unless that's friendly hyperbole, it certainly wouldn't have been enough people for it to be taken seriously anyway. What he was last year was less offensively involved than he needed to be. He had the fewest shots per game of any top striker in the league by a wide margin. Efficiency is one thing, but he needs to create and take chances offensively, and right now he very rarely does that.

If all he does is poach crap, he may score 13 again... but he might also score 3. We can't have only one scoring forward, unless someone expects Will Johnson to kick in five or 10 this year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm not deluded enough to think Ibra's coming to Toronto, but I'm also not ignoring every single statistic -- from aerial duels, to tackles, to pass completion percentage, to shots, to assists, to goals -- that says so far Altidore is contributing very little for his salary. It's not enough for him to do very little but do it very well. It's a waste of his abilities and the team's resources.

As for the Eddies, I don't support them or the NASL; most of the people investing in it have neither the soccer interest or know-how to make it work, as it evidenced by the farce this season that is Miami, Edmonton's ongoing debacle on all fronts, franchises folding, moving, restarting. They are bad for the sport. The league may have a long-term future and it's certainly making some positive contributions to the overall culture of soccer; but the reason it struggles on so many fronts is due to how its run. Attending it just endorses it (plus, I live well out of town now, so it's not even really an option most nights). There's a reason MLS didn't attempt to work with them when given the chance and basically bought USL instead.
    Yeah that's why a post from you that concerns the simplest stats looks ironic. We know he's not doing enough. Everyone should. It's those that are clinging to the simple stats that make them sound like he's not doing anything. fb stuff.

Ah, So no NASL for the jloome. Got it. Too bad. I know a couple V's out there trying to make it the best they can and I love they have their own start to Vcup.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy doesn't start scoring, at some point he'll lose his ability to pull defenders with him. Then you won't see much space for Giovinco. He needs to score. Already I think he's lost a bit of the fear factor he had last year when he came in. Teams are starting to let him go a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His routes, slow pace, easy frustration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess TFC softened up NYCFC for the Red Bulls? Why couldn't Vanney get his guys to do that to Man City Light? I'm starting to question Vanney's coaching abilities again...